Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,783 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, the gameplay is rather generic. It's everything else that makes it great.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Watch Dogs

Crazy Rich

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I only have one Colossus left to fight in SotC, but first I'm going to explore every last corner of the Forbidden Lands, gathering as many lizard tails and pieces of fruit as possible. I'm hyped to see the ending again. 8)

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 26, 2014, 07:59:58 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 26, 2014, 12:42:20 AM
Spec Ops: The Line

An adaptation of Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness and Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now, this is a great game. Not finished it yet, but the storyline has already blown me away. The gameplay is a wee bit clunky (especially the cover mechanics), though incredibly fun. It's through the setting and story that this game really takes the cake, though. One of the few games that's actually shone a light on how ruthless and horrible of a person you are, killing dozens, even hundreds, of people. Very powerful stuff there. The design of the abandoned and desert-overrun Dubai is also fantastic, rivalling the decrepit Rapture for sheer atmosphere and interesting aesthetics. A very, very good game.

I've heard so many conflicting reports on this game I never got around to buying it.  Might just have to chance it.

Yeah I skipped that when it first came out but played it recently when I saw it on the PSN store for £5. Thought it was excellent. The various different endings were interesting too but they all have the same essential punch of feeling a bit uneasy about what your character has done in light of the revelations at the end.

Highly recommend Spec Ops: The Line. Gameplay was alot of fun too and I agree the design and aesthetic of a ruined Dubai lost to the desert is superb.

First Blood

First Blood

An adaptation of Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness and Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now, this is a great game. Not finished it yet, but the storyline has already blown me away. The gameplay is a wee bit clunky (especially the cover mechanics), though incredibly fun. It's through the setting and story that this game really takes the cake, though. One of the few games that's actually shone a light on how ruthless and horrible of a person you are, killing dozens, even hundreds, of people. Very powerful stuff there. The design of the abandoned and desert-overrun Dubai is also fantastic, rivalling the decrepit Rapture for sheer atmosphere and interesting aesthetics. A very, very good game.

That's a very good game. The controls a bit clunky but the story more than makes up for it.

Dat ending. Prepare yo self.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Saint's Row 3.

Back in steelport, rescuing Zimos was hilarious. The radio stations suck compared to 2 though, seems like they went for quantity over quality.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Nightlord on May 28, 2014, 01:57:17 AM
Saint's Row 3.

Back in steelport, rescuing Zimos was hilarious. The radio stations suck compared to 2 though, seems like they went for quantity over quality.

I liked the Mix {I think that's what it was called, dunno} cause it had Aldo Nova and the f**king Karate Kid song

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Minecraft.

So I did my research and learned that only zombies will attack villagers, so I don't mind that much if a spider climbs over the very long wall I built around the village if I have a sword to defend myself. I used cobble stone wall with 4 gate entrances around, I have multiple lamp posts and solo torches placed around the village, and between the blacksmith's building and the hill I've started building a thick stone brick wall just because that area is particularly hilly, while the cobblestone wall was used on more or less more flat ground. I felt like I was in that movie Zulu when testing out the place multiple nights for safety, I got over 20 pieces of gunpowder from all the creepers I killed (a creeper will drop 1 piece when killed at the most, sometimes it drops nothing), I was just killing bad guys left right and center all night for multiple nights looking for weak spots and strengthening said weak spots. The castle like stone brick wall isn't done yet and one section on the upper level still needs some work but I feel safer about traveling at night without zombies killing villagers in the distance.... maybe I'll check on them for the first few nights after I feel done.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: First Blood on May 28, 2014, 12:55:29 AM

That's a very good game. The controls a bit clunky but the story more than makes up for it.

Dat ending. Prepare yo self.

Yeah no more clunky than the first Uncharted though. Still pretty solid for a 3rd person shooter though. I never had problems with it and enjoyed it immensely. Especially considering I only paid £5 for it. Still I'd have happily paid £30.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden

Halo 4

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Shadow of the Colossus

Spent the better part of an hour just exploring.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 27, 2014, 07:30:56 PM
Quote from: Vakarian on May 27, 2014, 07:29:49 PM
Watch Dogs

How's that?

Hardly touched the campaign stuff, mainly getting the side missions out of the way and experimenting with online. Love the cockpit view when driving the car, wish you could switch off the minimap however.

1v1 hacking is a ton of fun, gets real intense and it's hilarious to watch witless idiots run straight past me when im right under their nose.  :laugh:

The 4v4 decryption mode has some clusterf**k amount of lag, plus you can't make your own custom classes which is going to really make the mode run dry very quickly.

Haven't tried the Free Roam yet, might do that later.

Razz

Razz

Hitman Absolution (360)
Watchdogs (PS4)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished my SotC run last night. That ending really brings the feels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed