A Is for Alien: An ABC Book (Little Golden Book)

Started by Chieftain Suom, Dec 18, 2023, 07:51:35 PM

Author
A Is for Alien: An ABC Book (Little Golden Book) (Read 4,322 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 19, 2023, 11:30:57 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 19, 2023, 11:07:01 PMThey marketed Alien toys to 5 year olds in 1979, you're a bit late on the hand wringing.

Such a bizarre time to be a kid.  I remember it vividly.  They also made toys for David Lynch's Dune.

And if your parents couldn't afford you some Star Wars figures, there were always alternatives.

Edit - I'm actually a late 90s / early 21st century child. I just wanted to be part of the conversation 👉👈

SM

Quote from: SiL on Dec 19, 2023, 11:07:01 PMThey marketed Alien toys to 5 year olds in 1979, you're a bit late on the hand wringing.

Such a bizarre time to be a kid.  I remember it vividly.  They also made toys for David Lynch's Dune.

And Raiders which had dudes heads exploding and getting impaled by spikes.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Dec 20, 2023, 12:09:03 AM

And Raiders which had dudes heads exploding and getting impaled by spikes.

Do you still own your Raiders toys?

SM

Might have Indy with his spring loaded arm so he could whip people stashed away somewhere.  Think his whip hand broke off though.  Must've used it too much.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Dec 20, 2023, 02:31:43 AMMight have Indy with his spring loaded arm so he could whip people stashed away somewhere.  Think his whip hand broke off though.  Must've used it too much.

Did you ever put him the Falcon's cockpit?

SM

I have not.  Must dig him out and do just that.

Slutty Badger

Cub-friendly, innit.

xShadowFoxX

Ooooooooooookay?

Still Collating...

So if I ever have children, this is how I'll indoctrinate the little ones from an early age... ;D Perfect! ;)

Richman678

I have kids and i got them the previous books. They didn't bother....

Slutty Badger

I do think that this book is more of a novelty item aimed at adult collectors, rather than intended for cubs.

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Dec 24, 2023, 09:10:15 AMI do think that this book is more of a novelty item aimed at adult collectors, rather than intended for cubs.

It's also Little Golden Books' 80th anniversary so they're releasing children's versions for every franchise imaginable this year. Just waiting for them to release a Predator themed book, too.

Brooks3000

Its, dare I say, kind of cute? Am I revoking my alien fan card by saying that?

Immortan Jonesy

Xenomrph

Now we will use this thread to predict what each letter will be used for.

J is for Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed