Elements from EU that made it into the films?

Started by XENOMORPHOSIS, Nov 23, 2023, 03:19:10 PM

Author
Elements from EU that made it into the films? (Read 3,188 times)

SM

Xenogenesis gives it a bit of a run for it's money, but even that has a vaguely coherent storyline.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 27, 2023, 10:04:23 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2023, 04:20:33 PMEven Sam Keith got some redemption on the art front, with his work on Inhuman Condition (which is one of the very best of Dark Horse's output IMO).

The art was rubbish on that too. It just had better writing that Earth War.

Not that I'm one to come to Sam Keith's defense but his style just suited that comic perfectly. It was a perfect match up.

SM

I said what I said.

skhellter

that art fits the story with the lead character not being quite there in the sanity department.

Anyway.

Let's put Queenscode in the movies. it's time.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2023, 11:06:26 AMI said what I said.

I stand by my statement 100% as well. The style fits with the lead having a warped and distorted view on reality. It's better on a second read when you know that though.

Local Trouble

I wonder how Earth War would be viewed today if Denis Beauvais had done the art for it.

SiL

"That story was quack but man it's pretty".

SM

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2023, 08:34:47 PM"That story was quack but man it's pretty".

Pretty much. It certainly would have been easier to stomach.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 28, 2023, 04:01:25 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2023, 11:06:26 AMI said what I said.

I stand by my statement 100% as well. The style fits with the lead having a warped and distorted view on reality. It's better on a second read when you know that though.

I've read it a number of times and the art is still awful.  Sandman also has distorted views of reality and his art on that is rubbish too.

Everyone is better at drawing comics than Sam Kieth.*

* - except Tracey Larocca.
* - and Tracey Land

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 26, 2023, 11:02:45 AMYeah, it never happened.

Aliens The Original Series and William Gibson's AlienĀ³ are alternate continuities to the films as far as I'm concerned.

They do not fit, no point in trying to make them fit, they exist in the context of Alien 1979 and Aliens 1986 as released before 1992 and nothing further.
I think the Alien RPG handles it well - planets, people, organizations, locations, and some events are canon, broader things like the Aliens infesting earth are not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed