Elements from EU that made it into the films?

Started by XENOMORPHOSIS, Nov 23, 2023, 03:19:10 PM

Author
Elements from EU that made it into the films? (Read 3,186 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 26, 2023, 11:48:25 PMHowever, there was another comic I missed out on as a kid... DotS!! Growing up I weaved a story in my head based only on the cover art of this series, I always loved that art. Never could I imagine that it was even worse than Earth War, pure nonsense.

Can you explain it to me?

426Buddy

Their is no explanation, it can only be experienced.

Acid_Reign161

Corporal Hicks

AvP: The Deadliest of the Species

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2023, 03:36:58 PMAvP: The Deadliest of the Species

Thanks Corporal... I had a brain fart 🤣 (you wouldn't think I'd only just re-read that one less than a month ago!)

Thatguy2068

Wait I thought everybody likes aliens earth wars. Like the comic earth wars? This is all new to me.

Nightmare Asylum

I get the appeal, but I'm not really hot on the Earth War stuff. Same applies to the followup run, despite my username here deriving from it (as a kid I read the Perry novelizations and dug them [I hadn't yet read the comics at that point], hence going with "Nightmare Asylum" for a name here, but my overall enjoyment of those stories in both their original Newt/Hicks comic form and Billie/Wilks novel form has waned over the years. NA's comic art is pretty rad, though).

Thatguy2068

I agree that the comic art was great it was back when people actually put an effort into the art rather than Greg land

Nightmare Asylum

Even Sam Keith got some redemption on the art front, with his work on Inhuman Condition (which is one of the very best of Dark Horse's output IMO).

Corporal Hicks

He was, iirc, a very popular artist at the time. He just didn't suit Alien - until Inhuman Condition.

Local Trouble

I have never read Inhuman Condition.

Thatguy2068

I never even read DOTS and I personally think it's the best story dark horses ever made  8)

Be upset you know I'm right

Local Trouble

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 27, 2023, 05:35:46 PMI never even read DOTS and I personally think it's the best story dark horses ever made  8)

You could be right for all I know.  I don't even understand DotS and no one will sufficiently explain it to me. :(

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 27, 2023, 06:02:26 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 27, 2023, 05:35:46 PMI never even read DOTS and I personally think it's the best story dark horses ever made  8)

You could be right for all I know.  I don't even understand DotS and no one will sufficiently explain it to me. :(
"Clearly you don't have the high enough IQ to understand this magnificent item" - Rick and Morty fan

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 27, 2023, 04:20:33 PMEven Sam Keith got some redemption on the art front, with his work on Inhuman Condition (which is one of the very best of Dark Horse's output IMO).

The art was rubbish on that too. It just had better writing that Earth War.

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Nov 27, 2023, 03:48:49 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2023, 03:36:58 PMAvP: The Deadliest of the Species

Thanks Corporal... I had a brain fart 🤣 (you wouldn't think I'd only just re-read that one less than a month ago!)

That's just your brain protecting you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed