Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 08, 2023, 02:56:44 PM

Author
Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series! (Read 33,554 times)

Chieftain Suom

The Predator wearing the bear's skull as a mask was creepy as fuuuuck, but I really liked his fish scale patterned mask with the bear claw marks across it. This predator would make for an amazing action figure. Whale sold separately.

Also, love when he pulled out the Ceremonial Dagger!

Mr.Turok

It's a shame that Predator vs Wolverine isn't gaining much of a huge traction, despite being such a great quality story. Guess with the whole culture war on Marvel and comics in general is distracting from this well deserved attention.

Also, I wonder if the writer has given a name to the Predator yet. I saw someone coined the term Copperhead due to the mask having details akin to a snake via the scales on the top part and the design is sharp like a snake's fangs.

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 17, 2024, 08:09:32 PMIt's a shame that Predator vs Wolverine isn't gaining much of a huge traction, despite being such a great quality story. Guess with the whole culture war on Marvel and comics in general is distracting from this well deserved attention.

Also, I wonder if the writer has given a name to the Predator yet. I saw someone coined the term Copperhead due to the mask having details akin to a snake via the scales on the top part and the design is sharp like a snake's fangs.

Honestly, I'm not an X-Men fan at all and I loved this crossover series. SUPER interesting about the Predator's nickname. Initially, I thought it looked more like fish scales (probably because my 2 year old is obsessed with Finding Nemo right now) but the snake scales make way more sense and I really dig the nickname Copperhead for this Predator.

Retropocalypse

In light of how good this crossover series was, I'm hoping we get an Alien/Star Wars one.

I'd love for a Xenomorph outbreak to happen on the Death Star.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Jan 17, 2024, 08:28:25 PMHonestly, I'm not an X-Men fan at all and I loved this crossover series. SUPER interesting about the Predator's nickname. Initially, I thought it looked more like fish scales (probably because my 2 year old is obsessed with Finding Nemo right now) but the snake scales make way more sense and I really dig the nickname Copperhead for this Predator.
I saw someone reached out to the writer on twitter on the question. Hopefully the writer gives an answer on either approving the fan name or revealing the name he already had for him.

Quote from: Retropocalypse on Jan 18, 2024, 08:20:30 AMIn light of how good this crossover series was, I'm hoping we get an Alien/Star Wars one.

I know in the comic, there was a skull in the trophy room that looks like a Rancor skull so maybe that's a light nod to Preds and perhaps to an extent, xenos existing in Star Wars? Love to see a crossover too. Aliens ambushing Star Troopers or a Predator dueling with a Jedi. 

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 18, 2024, 06:02:23 PM
Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Jan 17, 2024, 08:28:25 PMHonestly, I'm not an X-Men fan at all and I loved this crossover series. SUPER interesting about the Predator's nickname. Initially, I thought it looked more like fish scales (probably because my 2 year old is obsessed with Finding Nemo right now) but the snake scales make way more sense and I really dig the nickname Copperhead for this Predator.
I saw someone reached out to the writer on twitter on the question. Hopefully the writer gives an answer on either approving the fan name or revealing the name he already had for him.

Interesting.. I was hoping there might be a reveal of concept art with a name on it or something like that.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Jan 18, 2024, 06:32:35 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jan 18, 2024, 06:02:23 PM

Interesting.. I was hoping there might be a reveal of concept art with a name on it or something like that.

I hope so too. Would be cool to see the thought process behind the story.

Corporal Hicks

xShadowFoxX

Very, very good podcast... I can't say the same for the comic tho.

Mr. Joe

Good comic better than Prey  Predator 2018.  Maybe sequels Team X vs Aliens, Cable and Predator vs Aliens, Red Cable vs Red Aliens  ;D   

Xiggz456

Thanks again for inviting me to join you guys! Had a blast recording this one!

Acid for Blood

Another enjoyable episode! I haven't read the story (I'm sure I'll pick up the complete edition one day), but I decided to listen anyway.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Acid for Blood on Mar 06, 2024, 09:31:08 PMAnother enjoyable episode! I haven't read the story (I'm sure I'll pick up the complete edition one day), but I decided to listen anyway.

You absolute madman.  :laugh:

Wweyland

Quote from: Retropocalypse on Jan 18, 2024, 08:20:30 AMIn light of how good this crossover series was, I'm hoping we get an Alien/Star Wars one.

Yes, but then they just blow it up. Reminds me of the IG-88 "outbreak" on the second Death Star in the old EU. One of the most insane SW stories, but great as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed