Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 08, 2023, 02:56:44 PM

Author
Marvel Announces Predator vs. Wolverine Crossover Series! (Read 33,537 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2023, 04:26:03 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 08, 2023, 04:10:23 PMI mean, is this really any different than the DC crossovers from the Dark Horse era?

It isn't. And the Batman vs. Predator crossovers were great. So was Archie vs. Predator surprisingly. I used to absolutely hate the crossovers, but once I actually gave some of them a go, there's some genuinely great ones in that back catalogue.

I think the only crossover I've actually read in full is Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens which, uh, probably wasn't the most shining example of what these could be. :laugh:

nchurch81

Well that's just fun.

Master Chief

I'm a fan of this spanning over several decades.  Looking forward to it.

Hopefully, at the end of the day, they put down their weapons, and have some whiskey and a cigar together.

Kailem

Isn't it always the way? You wait months for a Marvel Predator announcement, then two come along at once!

It's cool to see the first actual Marvel crossover finally being announced. On the one hand it feels like it's been ages since they took over from Dark Horse, but on the other hand it feels oddly soon to get this announcement given that we only just got the news about the second Predator omnibus.

Either way it's the one that makes the most sense as far as Predator crossovers are concerned, so fingers crossed it lives up to its potential! Next up on the "Marvel vs Predator" bingo card: the Punisher.

SuperiorIronman

I like the concept. Weird that Predator was the first Marvel crossover but I'm for it.

RakaiThwei

I'll read it, mostly to see where this goes...

Although we know for sure Predator is going to lose, I mean there's no way Marvel would ever kill off a flagship character at the hands of a Predator.

Course, we know Predators have killed superhumans before...

[Cough]AGENTS OF LAW![/COUGH]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 08, 2023, 05:20:27 PMAlthough we know for sure Predator is going to lose, I mean there's no way Marvel would ever kill off a flagship character at the hands of a Predator.

What do you mean, it's a slow week if a comic company isn't killing off at least three of their flagship characters while simultaneously announcing plans to resurrect them the following month!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 08, 2023, 05:42:09 PMWhat do you mean, it's a slow week if a comic company isn't killing off at least three of their flagship characters while simultaneously announcing plans to resurrect them the following month!

I'm not going to make any illusions here. As much as I want Predator to win, and I like the Predator a helluva whole lot more than Wolverine, we know Predators usually job in crossovers.

There's only two instances where they've won. And one victory was against a teenager who's been trapped in Riverdale since the 1940s.

Engineer

Hard pass
Won't pay for anything with Greg Land's name attached to it.
And the writer from Aliens: Aftermath?!? Lmfao no thanks! 😂

RidgeTop

Engineer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 08, 2023, 04:23:25 PMOh no I just saw that Greg Land is one of the artists. Hope he isn't tracing here... :-\

The idea of this having multiple artists is interesting, I wonder if maybe the art style is going to shift as it moves from one era to the next?

If the art style shifts around, it runs the risk of becoming a visually jarring experience like Dark Horse's Aliens: Havoc was... that was one of my least favorite comics by dark horse for that specific reason; too many artists and artistic changes from one panel to the next.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 08, 2023, 05:57:35 PMWon't pay for anything with Greg Land's name attached to it.

Should've got Sal.

Engineer

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 08, 2023, 06:09:32 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jun 08, 2023, 05:57:35 PMWon't pay for anything with Greg Land's name attached to it.

Should've got Sal.
Larocca?? Hell nah! Lol wouldn't pay for anything he's on either lol

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 08, 2023, 06:01:08 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 08, 2023, 04:23:25 PMOh no I just saw that Greg Land is one of the artists. Hope he isn't tracing here... :-\

The idea of this having multiple artists is interesting, I wonder if maybe the art style is going to shift as it moves from one era to the next?

If the art style shifts around, it runs the risk of becoming a visually jarring experience like Dark Horse's Aliens: Havoc was... that was one of my least favorite comics by dark horse for that specific reason; too many artists and artistic changes from one panel to the next.

Can't speak to that one specifically as I haven't read Havoc, but I've read plenty of comics that have used different shifting styles/artists in intetesting ways, so I wouldn't write it off on that basis.

I would, however, write off Greg Land's contribution on the basis of it being "art" from Greg Land.

Engineer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 08, 2023, 06:45:35 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jun 08, 2023, 06:01:08 PM

Can't speak to that one specifically, but I've read plenty of comics that have used different shifting styles/artists in intetesting ways, so I wouldn't write it off on that basis.

I would, however, write off Greg Land "art" on the basis of it being "art" from Greg Land.

Im not writing it off yet for having multiple artists; just mentioning how it could become detrimental to the series if they aren't careful about it... that being said, some people liked Havoc...

But yea, Greg Land is a huge red flag! And an absolute deal-breaker for me...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed