Predator the Original Years Omnibus Volume 2 announced (March 2024)

Started by VincentVegaFFF, Jun 04, 2023, 12:31:13 AM

Author
Predator the Original Years Omnibus Volume 2 announced (March 2024) (Read 6,497 times)

davewesker

Instead of removing why not just add a disclaimer.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, this sounds dumb, and is really disappointing given how solid these collections have been thus far.

How are Nazis more upsetting than dudes getting their spines ripped out?

Nukiemorph

Oh for f**k's sake.

Chieftain Suom

Hate the fact that this has happened but I love Nancy's response.

RhinoAlien

Well. Not like Marvel is run by serious people.

Slutty Badger

I noticed that the more serious profanity in Alien: Icarus was censored as well. Do they think we can't handle challenging themes?

WE'RE ADULTS, YOU IDIOTS.

XENOMORPHOSIS

This is a shock but not at all surprising, while condemning nefarious figures of history and forces who's ideologies and practices are unethical, inhumane, reprehensible, overall utterly atrocious, the depictions of them in media is not endorsing, a glorification or promotion for what they believe stand for. They're shown as characters set during specific pints of history, they're the focus of the story they're not to be justified or sympathised but simply serving the setting of the plot. Context matters.

Gridseeker

And that´s the reason I WILL NEVER SELL OR THROW MY PREDATOR OMNIBUS COMICS  COLLECTION.  >:( C´mon, Marvel! I bet most of the fandom are adults who know what is correct and wrong, NOT KIDS.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gridseeker on Dec 12, 2023, 03:34:00 PMAnd that´s the reason I WILL NEVER SELL OR THROW MY PREDATOR OMNIBUS COMICS  COLLECTION.  >:( C´mon, Marvel! I bet most of the fandom are adults who know what is correct and wrong, NOT KIDS.

Yeah I still have the omnibus sets for everything, I have no intention of replacing them.

Gridseeker

I´m still searching both vol.3 and 4 for a decent price.

Ian

This is a strange decision: If anything, we should have even more comics depicting the predator slicing fascists and slavers into bloody goop.

Acid_Reign161

You know, I was torn whether to pick up the marvel hardcover Predator sets (on account I'm not really as fussed on Predator comics as I am Aliens) but this news pretty much cements that I won't be... who wants to spend that much money on sets that are incomplete? It would annoy the shit out of me to have to have the loose issues separate. Nah, I'd rather put the .CBR files for the complete run to disc and make a nice custom blu-ray cover. Bad call Marvel, it was a bad call...

The Shuriken

Ok. So why would I buy it if it's not COMPLETE?!

jacobo1122

It's ridiculous, I don't know if those comics have inappropriate or outdated themes and elements, it's not a reason to remove or censor them. Sure, some things in older publications can be offensive for someone, but aware readers should know that's because they were made in different times or it's just plot element. Especially some controversial symbole like swastika shouldn't be removed if they are there just for story reasons and they aren't glorified or anything. I mean, if I remember correctly, in one of those comics Predator was just killing nazis, how it is supposed to be offensive or controversial? And even if it was, there shouldn't be any prohibition to take up uncomfortable topics in popculture works, as long as they aren't specifficly and purpously attacking someone.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Dec 12, 2023, 06:26:06 PMI mean, if I remember correctly, in one of those comics Predator was just killing nazis, how it is supposed to be offensive or controversial?
I suspect the Nazi censorship is more to do with the fact it's illegal to show the swastika in Germany, and they didn't wanna edit the story or publish a different edition just for them.

So with that one I kinda get it, even if I still think it's a crappy move.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed