Predator the Original Years Omnibus Volume 2 announced (March 2024)

Started by VincentVegaFFF, Jun 04, 2023, 12:31:13 AM

Author
Predator the Original Years Omnibus Volume 2 announced (March 2024) (Read 6,496 times)

VincentVegaFFF

Been looking forward to this one. Can't wait!

Some Old Dude

Excellent. I wonder how they'll go about the AvP ones because of the Fire & Stone style crossovers.

Engineer

About time!!! Geesh!

HuDaFuK

Nice to finally have an announcement on this.

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Jun 04, 2023, 11:35:08 PMI wonder how they'll go about the AvP ones because of the Fire & Stone style crossovers.

I've been wondering whether those fourway-crossover series would be lumped in with AVP or whether they might do a separate Prometheus omnibus for all that stuff, although tbh pickings seem a little slim for the latter.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 06, 2023, 12:23:00 PMNice to finally have an announcement on this.

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Jun 04, 2023, 11:35:08 PMI wonder how they'll go about the AvP ones because of the Fire & Stone style crossovers.

I've been wondering whether those fourway-crossover series would be lumped in with AVP or whether they might do a separate Prometheus omnibus for all that stuff, although tbh pickings seem a little slim for the latter.

Yea I thought they might do a separate prometheus line too. The complete "fire & stone" as well as "life & death" hardcover books are pretty massive. Put them together and you'd have about 920 pages. I think they could do a single volume for prometheus that combines those two books. It'd be their shortest one of the bunch, but not by much...

Oh PS.
I also noticed that their previous crossovers that started off "aliens," then went to "predator" before wrapping up the story arc with an AVP series, were split up. For example, xenogenesis (yuck) they put the aliens story in the alien omnibus, and the predator story in the predator omnibus. I'm assuming when (if) they do an AVP omnibus, the AVP xenogenesis series will be there. Same thing with Aliens: more than human, Predator: prey to the heavens, and AVP: three world war.

... BUT...

They didn't do that with the aliens and predator portions of Fire & Stone or Life & Death. That makes me wonder if they're saving those two to be lumped together into one giant book.

PPS.
Sorry for the triple post, but Someone on Facebook just pointed out they forgot the "Predator: Race War" series. Hopefully that's in volume 2 and they just forgot to list it here...

athan

race war was volume 1 i think

Engineer

Quote from: athan on Jun 06, 2023, 11:32:02 PMrace war was volume 1 i think
Nope.
It's not in volume 1.
I double checked today when I saw someone point out that it's not in volume 2 either.
He was right.
It's completely missing.

HuDaFuK

Could it be a rights thing somehow? I find it hard to believe they overlooked it when the Alien collections were so comprehensive.

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 07, 2023, 05:56:23 AMCould it be a rights thing somehow? I find it hard to believe they overlooked it when the Alien collections were so comprehensive.

I dunno
But I'm certainly curious to find out *why* it was excluded (assuming it's not an accident, or that someone forgot to write it down for this announcement, etc).

Superstitious Man

I finally got my original years Vol' 1 book today. I'm guessing Race War was left out due to modern day sensibilities? I've not read the story so I don't know, just speculating. Were rival gangs in the prison made up of different races or something? Probably just didn't feel right for Disney if so? Just a guess...

VincentVegaFFF

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 06, 2023, 12:23:00 PMNice to finally have an announcement on this.

It's an interesting question. I would think they would lump the Prometheus stuff under the AvP banner, just because it would sell better that way but who knows. Hopefully we hear something about AvP soon.

Terror_76

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 07, 2023, 05:56:23 AMCould it be a rights thing somehow? I find it hard to believe they overlooked it when the Alien collections were so comprehensive.

I am 99% sure this is the case - Race War was (co) written by crime author Andrew Vachss and one of the main characters is called Cross who, I believe, has appeared in several of Vachss' novels.
Based on that, it is a safe bet that the rights to the Cross character either belong to the novels publisher or Vachss personally - or perhaps Vachss gave Dark Horse rights to the Cross character solely in publishing and republishing the Race War comics context..?

So, for whatever reason, whilst not in the same league as the Predator, Magnus, Tarzan etc., Predator crossovers, Race War is not completely different from those situations where either Disney / Marvel or the copyright holder(s) of the Cross character, either one or both sides are not willing to make a deal to allow the reprint.

I personally have my suspicions on what side of the table wouldn't be willing to look at making a deal, but that would just be my personal sepculation.

I hope that explantion helps!

Wweyland

Thats unfortunate. The Predator actually kills Nazis...
But at 1000 pages, it's a huge collection already.

Mike’s Monsters

Them removing the Nazis feels pretty silly to me. That's like removing the Nazi scenes from Indiana Jones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed