Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,200 times)

First Blood

First Blood

:D Yea!

They show up on Main Street and get whacked. Although when the Colonel is looking at the screen in the plane, one of the cameras has MISSION TIME 00:00 on it, from a helmet perspective. I thought it was a cute Easter egg. Still didn't save the movie from being shite though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 28, 2010, 03:48:56 AM
Everything was just so unsatisfying. The National Guard could have provided this film with good action and tension, and they get killed in what, 30, 40 seconds?

Not as if the CMs lasted a mountain of time, either.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I know, but it was a wasted opportunity. I would have much rather preferred the military's perspective than the pizza boy's.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Both movies are unremarkable, but I prefer the first film for its visual style.  The second film feels like it's just a collection of homages.

DamnBirds

DamnBirds

If you combined elements of both films, and still tweaked a few addittional things.  You could've had a good AVP movie on their hands.

Valaquen

Valaquen

How anyone can watch Alien, Aliens, Predator and then watch AVP:R and feel good about the Strauses' "effort" aferward frankly boggles me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

After watching Alien Resurrection in patrticular, it's not hard. For me, anyway.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2010, 06:14:24 PM
After watching Alien Resurrection in patrticular, it's not hard. For me, anyway.
Agreed. A:R is probably my least favorite from either series. I like it but that's just me.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: DamnBirds on Mar 14, 2010, 05:34:15 AM
If you combined elements of both films, and still tweaked a few addittional things.  You could've had a good AVP movie on their hands.

Yeah, y'know get a better writer, director, cinematographer, a new story concept, different effects company, someone fitting to score the film...

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

AvPR still winning? Yeesh!

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

We're getting there.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

20 votes more or so!

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Seems people are gradually coming to their senses...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The wheels of justice may be slow, but they are turning.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You guys are miserable :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed