Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,274 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He was talking about Resurrection, not A3. A3 was the beginning of the end as far as I'm concerned. It was entertaining but it wasn't a film that needed to be made.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I believe he was talking about "33" but i can't quite make heads or tails what film that would be referring too. I guess A3 is as good a guess as any. It would represent the fall, whereas AR would represent the breaking of all it's bones. It's like a twofer :laugh:

Nikkolas

Nikkolas

Yes, "33" is Aliens 3. Sorry about that. Apparently my edit didn't go through.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Quote from: Nikkolas on May 30, 2011, 08:41:31 PM
Yes, "33" is Aliens 3. Sorry about that. Apparently my edit didn't go through.

It's all good :)

SM

SM

QuoteAfter AVP came out a sycophantic complaint of many was that it was too much emphasis on the human element. And given the fact the movie was called, ya know, Alien vs. Predator, that complaint is fully justified. 

Can a complaint be both sycophantic and fully justified?

Either way AvP's main problem was the lack of versing rather than the human element (which was also pissweak).

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: Nikkolas on May 30, 2011, 07:38:39 PM
A zero is better than a negative number.
Trying and failing to make a compelling story is worse than anything esee you could do.

After AVP came out a sycophantic complaint of many was that it was too much emphasis on the human element. And given the fact the movie was called, ya know, Alien vs. Predator, that complaint is fully justified.  The brothers thus gave us a film where a Predaor fought some Aliens.

I was satisfied but maybe my standards were lowered after the first AVP.

And if you think Resurrection was a better film because of its amazing focus on the characters and their plot...well, to each their own. But I can't fatom saying Resurrection is better than anything in any category.

I am aware the film is called Alien vs Predator, that doesn't mean thats all that should be shown for 90 minutes.

I don't recall seeing any fighting in avpr, all I saw was the predator slaughtering the midgets filling in for aliens. Fight scenes can only work if both sides appear in danger. Having the pred do nothing other than kill aliens in ridiculous fashions for the whole movie gets boring very fast.

Basher917

Basher917

Quote from: Divpax on May 31, 2011, 12:01:08 AM
Quote from: Nikkolas on May 30, 2011, 07:38:39 PM
A zero is better than a negative number.
Trying and failing to make a compelling story is worse than anything esee you could do.

After AVP came out a sycophantic complaint of many was that it was too much emphasis on the human element. And given the fact the movie was called, ya know, Alien vs. Predator, that complaint is fully justified.  The brothers thus gave us a film where a Predaor fought some Aliens.

I was satisfied but maybe my standards were lowered after the first AVP.

And if you think Resurrection was a better film because of its amazing focus on the characters and their plot...well, to each their own. But I can't fatom saying Resurrection is better than anything in any category.

I am aware the film is called Alien vs Predator, that doesn't mean thats all that should be shown for 90 minutes.

I don't recall seeing any fighting in avpr, all I saw was the predator slaughtering the midgets filling in for aliens. Fight scenes can only work if both sides appear in danger. Having the pred do nothing other than kill aliens in ridiculous fashions for the whole movie gets boring very fast.

the predator killed humans too...  :-\

and it got killed at the end,

by the predalien

witch was a (horrible) hybrid, but still an Alien

have no idea what movie you watched....

Divpax

Divpax

It got killed at the end by the nuke, besides I hardly think having an unarmed pred impaled at the end of the film (whilst killing the predalien) makes the film seem fair.

It was still one sided drivel with the whole of the movie seeming to be to have the pred "Pwning aliens".

One sidedness aside, the film itself was simply BAD. The whole cast showed no emotion whatsoever and the action scenes had such poor lighting that I couldn't see what was going on.

Basher917

Basher917

Quote from: Divpax on Jun 11, 2011, 01:02:15 AM
It got killed at the end by the nuke, besides I hardly think having an unarmed pred impaled at the end of the film (whilst killing the predalien) makes the film seem fair.

It was still one sided drivel with the whole of the movie seeming to be to have the pred "Pwning aliens".

One sidedness aside, the film itself was simply BAD. The whole cast showed no emotion whatsoever and the action scenes had such poor lighting that I couldn't see what was going on.

i know the acting and lighting was horrible, and that's how the makers of the film (the Strause brothers) pictured it to be, and it was still fighting, it doesn't matter if the aliens were getting killed, they were still putting up a fight, the predator got stabbed right through the chest, even if the nuke didn't drop he was still dead
Proof of stabbing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9bhuIqdtc#

Divpax

Divpax

I would hardly call the aliens who occasionally knocked him over as putting up a fight.

Add another complaint to my endless list: That F*cking ending!

Ghostface

Ghostface

There were multiple instances in the film where an Alien could have impaled Wolf but luckily he was spared by plot convenience. I don't mind a pred killing multiple xeno throughout the film because he is a seasoned vet, but they were just lambs to the slaughter. No tension whatsoever.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 11, 2011, 08:45:15 AM
There were multiple instances in the film where an Alien could have impaled Wolf but luckily he was spared by plot convenience. I don't mind a pred killing multiple xeno throughout the film because he is a seasoned vet, but they were just lambs to the slaughter. No tension whatsoever.
I know what you mean it's fine to have a pred wasting xenos but they had so many opportunities to kill him that they never took  imo they should have choreographed the fights much better.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If it was to be a single Pred annihilating an entire hive, he should've found the nesting place and thrown one of those implosive bom--
Wait though, why the f**k didn't they just, like... send a scout ship and destroy the whole site?

Divpax

Divpax

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 21, 2011, 09:42:44 PM
If it was to be a single Pred annihilating an entire hive, he should've found the nesting place and thrown one of those implosive bom--
Wait though, why the f**k didn't they just, like... send a scout ship and destroy the whole site?

Why did the predator bother saving earth at all actually? If the aliens are so worth hunting then just let them take over the planet?

I hate this movie...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Divpax on Jun 21, 2011, 09:52:46 PM
Why did the predator bother saving earth at all actually? If the aliens are so worth hunting then just let them take over the planet?
No more humans to hunt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed