20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2016, 08:24:11 AM

Author
20th Century Fox 2017 Showcase Event (Read 69,786 times)

SiL

SiL

Latest reports say liberal use of CGI, which means a lot.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm fine with CGI myself, all the CGI in prometheus was done very well and tastefully.

Besides knowing Scott, he'll do practical effects when possible. ( we've also had actors say that there were practical creatures on set)

BonesawT101

Chloé
@Cleophele
47s
Ce matin, j'ai eu la chance de voir en exclusivité le trailer et 10 minutes d'#AlienCovenant ! Rdv le 26/12 pour voir la bande-annonce 😉.   It seems thdate the trailer is released has been revealed. 26 December according to this twitter user.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, was literally just coming to share this article that says the same thing: http://www.fanactu.com/actualites/cinema/6475/studio-20th-century-fox-nous-devoile-ses-films-evenements-annee-2017.html

QuoteUnlike other films presented during this event, Alien: Covenant has not yet shown its first images via a trailer or teaser (only a first poster has been unveiled so far) .. The surprise was therefore all the more great when we discovered a quarter of an hour the next Ridley Scott!

Direct sequel to Prometheus , Alien: Covenant seems so far away from it to give us instead a REAL movie Alien , what we had not seen for almost twenty years! Ridley Scott has clearly changed his tune since the first movie, certainly from the perspective of reclaiming the franchise whose fifth official album was entrusted to Neill Blomkamp. A new episode whose development now appears stalled ...

Ridley Scott announced in last January that Alien: Covenant would be the most violent film of the saga. From what we could see it does seem the case! It's simple, never have we seen so much blood and torn bodies (literally) in a film Alien! If you unfortunately can not say much more, it should be noted nonetheless that Daniels, the character played by Katherine Waterston recalls the words of Ellen Ripley ... The two heroines would they be related (mother / daughter)? It will still be a little patient before discovering! And by the way, note on your calendar: the first trailer for Alien: Covenant will be announced on 26 December!

BonesawT101

Excellent.

Corporal Hicks

When I asked earlier if she could say when the trailer would be released, she just replied saying their embargo ended on the 26th with a wink. From the info I'd been given, I inferred we'd be getting the trailer when the embargo ended which for the States is the 24th/25th. So perhaps 26th is the French trailer release.

NickisSmart

Torn bodies. Ouch.

Corporal Hicks

I think Ridley is really going for it with the gore and body horror. Just hope it's done for effect and impact.

whiterabbit

Was there, aside form Bishop of course, ever torn bodies in an Alien Film? That fan business in Alien³ doesn't count nor does boom boom. Talking about Aliens tearing people apart on screen.

426Buddy

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 15, 2016, 02:14:46 PM
Was there, aside form Bishop of course, ever torn bodies in an Alien Film?

Not really but hey i'm not complaining, I can dig a good body horror flick.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2016, 02:12:59 PM
I think Ridley is really going for it with the gore and body horror. Just hope it's done for effect and impact.

I'm hoping he taps into his inner David Cronenberg:

Spoiler

Ingwar

Ingwar

Scott knows how to kill characters with a style :)

Spoiler
[close]

Necronomicon II

Tasty.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Spoiler

[close]

I'm not worried about quality of gore.

Spoiler
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Let's spoiler tag the NSFW stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed