Predators: Immune to electricity?

Started by RakaiThwei, Feb 08, 2007, 07:23:54 PM

Author
Predators: Immune to electricity? (Read 5,304 times)

RakaiThwei

I have noticed that as portrayed in the films, Predators seem to be immune to electricity. This is often shown alot in Predator, Predator 2 and of course perhaps Alien vs Predator. I believe that the Predators ARE immune to electricity and the scene in Predator 2-- where the Predator raises his combi-staff up into the sky, only to be struck by a bolt of lightning and not be harmed by it all, somewhat supports this.

I believe that electricity would do nothing against a Predator...

However, what is everyone's opinion on this?

-Rakai'Thwei

Eidotemit

I wouldnt go as far to say they are immune to electricity persay. everyliving organism produces electricity and has a frequency to it, and if that frequency is interupted it can cause serious damage. The pred did take that lighting strike, even if it was indirectly coming off its staff, thats very impressive. So they clearly have a strong resistance to it, like most other things.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Many people have speculated that by "catching the bolt" of lightening, the Predator in P2 was recharging his power supply.  This is an interesting new theory however, and is a possibility, as we have seen the predators to be incredibly resilient.

Where did this happen in P1?

RakaiThwei

Well the scenes of the Predator having a short curcuit in his cloaking devices seems to be showing the Predator surging with electricity and not seemed to be harmed by this at all. As we can see-- the Predator is not wearing any rubber padding to prevent shocking... and rubber blocks electrical shocks. However, he is not seen wearing any, and thus this seems to show a high resiliance or immunity to electricity.

-Rakai'Thwei

Corporal Hicks

Maybe his armor composed of unknown elements gave a helping hand?

RakaiThwei

Metal is a conductor for electricity-- so I'm not so sure about that.

-Rakai'Thwei

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Well the metal, if conductive, would have conducted the electricity around his body and not into it, that is why "wire-men" (the guys who go up onto the high-voltage wires to repair/service them) where a suit of spun wire mesh.  I beleive it is called Coulomb's Law.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 08, 2007, 09:41:20 PM
Well the scenes of the Predator having a short curcuit in his cloaking devices seems to be showing the Predator surging with electricity and not seemed to be harmed by this at all. As we can see-- the Predator is not wearing any rubber padding to prevent shocking... and rubber blocks electrical shocks. However, he is not seen wearing any, and thus this seems to show a high resiliance or immunity to electricity.

-Rakai'Thwei

Aye that is what I thought you were refering too.  However, I always considered that akin to "minimal" static charge flowing over the cloaking mesh.

Anyhow I agree that they must certainly have a very high resiliency to electricity.

ShadowPred

Quote from: uhhhhh on Feb 08, 2007, 09:32:26 PM
Many people have speculated that by "catching the bolt" of lightening, the Predator in P2 was recharging his power supply.  This is an interesting new theory however, and is a possibility, as we have seen the predators to be incredibly resilient.

Where did this happen in P1?

that's very cool i never even thought about it.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Aye it is interesting, although he could just be up there screaming and going nuts then just gets hit and laughs about it cause he is crazy or something.

Who knows lol

Punk19

Punk19

You know, I was actually thinking about a gun that a Predator holds that shoots out electricity at an enemy. Think about it, a gun that actually harvests electricity in the form of maybe a bullet that can penetrate almost everything, except for pure stone.

*Writes this down for future script*

Gangster Predator

I think they are immune to electricity cuz they get their energy from that source like the pred in predator 2..One time I use to think that preds were also immune to fire cuz i saw avp when weyland shot fire at the pred but I was wrong someone told me that fire could hurt preds.

BrokenTusk

what about immune to flames to a degree ? Scar was torched and barely flinched.

Eidotemit

Quote from: Punk19 on Feb 14, 2007, 02:07:11 AM
You know, I was actually thinking about a gun that a Predator holds that shoots out electricity at an enemy. Think about it, a gun that actually harvests electricity in the form of maybe a bullet that can penetrate almost everything, except for pure stone.

you mean like... a tazer?

Punk19

Punk19

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 14, 2007, 05:24:45 AM
Quote from: Punk19 on Feb 14, 2007, 02:07:11 AM

you mean like... a tazer?

No...a lightning gun more or less

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed