Honor?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 02, 2007, 12:41:24 AM

Author
Honor? (Read 6,284 times)

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

I DO think that Preds have a code of honor, but, being they are aliens, it may seem warped and illogical to humans.

In general, the Preds seem to fight sort of unfairly, with their plasma caster and cloak, in order to flush out a real challenge; they won't go out of their way to kill something defenseless.

The whole self-destruct devise is was it is: a gadget that insures that there is nothing left of the Predator or any of its' weapons and gear.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

The self destruct doesnt need to kill everything for blocks or miles to ensure that it is destroyed and all its equip though. It would appear they ignore the injured, sick, elderly, w/e more because they aren't a challange.

SM

SM

QuoteYou're negative view on everything has finally been good for me.

???

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

In the first Predator, in the beginning of the movie, the Predator comes down in a smaller ship from the main ship; I'm thinking the self-destruct in that movie was made to be powerful enough to destroy the Predator and his ship. We never see how powerful the self-detruct devise is in Predator 2; it could have been weaker.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

thats true, it could have been weaker, and maybe P1 pred did want to destroy his ship aswell. The P2 preds blast would still have cause some collateral damage if the blast had to be strong enough to completely obliterate every trace of himself, no telling how large exactly, but he was hanging off the side of a building so there certaily is the high possiblilty that it would have been considerable.

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

Very true... but now I'm starting to wonder why the Predator in Predator 2 set off its' self-destruct devise in the first place. It was hanging off a building, but couldn't it have just hauled itself up onto the ledge Harrigan was on? ???

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

It was pretty messed up, it took several shotgun blasts to the torso, it lost its maks (idk if this has any affect, but it could.) I don't really remember how it was hanging either. I remember Harrigan on a ledge, and the pred over the side, and it was hanging fine by one are for a min when it was setting the device.

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 06, 2007, 06:37:23 PM
It was pretty messed up, it took several shotgun blasts to the torso, it lost its maks (idk if this has any affect, but it could.) I don't really remember how it was hanging either. I remember Harrigan on a ledge, and the pred over the side, and it was hanging fine by one are for a min when it was setting the device.

Though it was injured, it still seemed to have the strength to chase Harrigan around some more and lop Keyes in half with its' disk.

It was hanging on to Harrigan's arm with one hand and had its' disk shoved into the wall; I just don't think it would have had that much trouble in hauling itself up on the ledge. Even if it was really weak, it could have retreated for a moment or to, used its first aid kid and gone back after Harrigan.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Which is hte first thing it did when it got the chance, use the med-kit.

Maybe the pred didn't think Harrigan could take the pred pulling himself back up and would cause the both of them to fall.

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

But couldn't it have let go of its' disk and grabbed the ledge, and then let go of Harrigan's arm, and grab the ledge with its' other?

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 06, 2007, 04:39:49 AM
...the blast had to be strong enough to completely obliterate every trace of himself

Speaking about that, didn't the Predator leave behind his mask and part of his left arm (wich Harrigan threw away)?
Who knows what could have happened to those afterwards...

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

He also left behind his spear; when Harrigan attacks the Predator on the roof, the spear goes flying off as well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

OMG! Things to go in Predator 3! :P

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

So with those all around, he would of had to have made a large blas to destroy those.

Maybe the pred didn't think that there was enough room, or it would have been awkward and Harrigan would have caused them both to fall. Idk,  Im grasping for straws here.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: YautjaWarrior on Feb 06, 2007, 07:26:38 PM
He also left behind his spear; when Harrigan attacks the Predator on the roof, the spear goes flying off as well.

Yeah, and the breathing filter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed