Hero Predator ?

Started by stickaround, Jan 27, 2007, 11:41:38 PM

Author
Hero Predator ? (Read 15,357 times)

SM

SM

QuoteThey should have been happy that the film had been made at all.

Yes.  There's been many a time when I've had nothing sitting on my plate, when I'd much rather have a turd sitting on it.

QuoteWhy such a silly question ??

Because you asked 'how do we know if AvP would've been better if x, y or z happened'.  We know, as I said, because we see what works in popular films, and we want more of it.  Not LESS character development, LESS action, LESS tension, etc.

QuoteCan't you just be happy they're back and there's gunna be round 2 ?

Don't really care either way.  Didn't bother seeing AvP in the cinemas and can't see myself seeing this one until it's on DVD either.

stickaround

stickaround

Eidotmet

Obviously more people have seen the movies and games. The original point i actually made about the comics is that the team up happened in them so it could happen, but you guys who love to hate the film sure like dragging these points out !!

This post wasn't even supposed to be about who liked / didn't like AvP but you guys just can't help yourselves !!

& can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not about pred 2 ?! but when it came out it was a flop (how though is beyond me, it kikd ass)

stickaround

stickaround

SM

1) Strange you weren't looking forward to AvP

2) Blame the studio for it not being better

3) You're obviously not a true fan

SM

SM

1) Why?

2) Studio isn't responsible for creative decisions.  Anderson wrote the script and directed the film - the lion's share of the blame rests with him.

3) Obviously.   

Since there isn't an icon for 'pissing myself laughing' I'll just have to go with ::)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I dont love to hate AvP, in fact I watched it aout a month or so ago. I just think that the team-up was stupid, and defending that not many people saw it because of the comics so basing it off them wasnt the best idea. It could have been a lot worse, but A LOT better too. My point was that I didnt like the team-up and think its a bad idea and goes against what P1 and 2 displayed of the preds.

not sarcastic about P2, I love it, but you said it was a success, or made it sound that way. but it was a comercial flop.

SM, if stickaround wasnt a true fan he wouldnt waste his time here.

AvP was mediocre to say the best about it, but I still am looking forward to AvP2.

SM

SM

QuoteSM, if stickaround wasnt a true fan he wouldnt waste his time here.

Well he's obviously 'truer' than the rest of us schmucks.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

lol sorry, I was distracted by the South Park movie and typed it backwards.

Stickaround, if SM werent a true fan, he wouldnt waste his time here.

my bad lol.

stickaround

stickaround

SM

1) Who cares !

2) The studio will have been aware of his previous work, they hired him and will have approved the script, but you're obviously right

& you're just so hilarious  ;D

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Anderson is to blame for his lack-luster script and poor directing. The studio is to blame for hiring him because they know his movies are flashy and they just wanted to make money, and they knew fans had been asking for AvP and it would sell.

SM

SM

1) Just the sort of non-response I expected.

As for hiring Anderson - on the back of Event Horizon I would've hired him too.  But no way should he have written the script, nor should it have been approved.

stickaround

stickaround

Eidotemit

1) I said people liked Pred 2 but it was a flop, just to clear that up !

2) You really think SM is a true fan ? he can't even drag his ass to the cinema

3) What's done is done, at least anderson brought them back

Roll on AvP2 & Pred 3 and A5 for that matter !

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

1) seems we agree on this

2)he may not have wanted to see it in theaters, but he is here in the forum, he has seen it, and the other films

3) exactly

SM

SM

All hail the twat - erm - I mean Arbiter-of-who-should-be-regarded-as-a-true-fan!

stickaround

stickaround

SM

Listen dude, i'm not here to diss anyone but some of your comments haven't exactly been constructive !

The bottom line is, you can't change how AvP turned out so why keep slating it, doesn't achieve anything.

I was just about to send the above comment so it's obvious to see who the real twat really is - muppet

SM

SM

QuoteListen dude, i'm not here to diss anyone but some of your comments haven't exactly been constructive !

Translation - I am here to diss anyone who doesn't love AvP with a passion that borders on illegal.

Since discussion forums are for sharing opinions on a given subject I shall continue to share.  If you don't like what I have to say - either offer a differing viewpoint or simply ignore it.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

And never assume to know anything how much of a 'true fan' anyone else is - you'll just end up looking sillier than you already do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed