Sounds like there was an alternate ending!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2018, 07:20:31 PM

Author
Sounds like there was an alternate ending! (Read 101,807 times)

BishopShouldGo

There's a video of The Predator Comic-Con panel, and I remember Shane Black asking the audience something to the effect of "I don't think Alien vs. Predator is dead, do you?"

Huggs

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 12:33:08 AM
Unfortunately...they tried to appeal to a younger generation.

I agree with this, and sometimes a bad movie is just a bad movie. The Predator (as a film) sucks, and I'd wager it would've still sucked 10, 20 and even 30 years ago.

You don't go this far off the rails with an established franchise. How disappointed would LOTR fans be if a new trilogy was announced, but it's set in modern times and features a group of drunken midgets living in a van while some mentally challenged homeless guy posing as a wizard leads them on a journey to the biggest crackhouse in east LA?

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 02, 2019, 12:44:01 AM
There's a video of The Predator Comic-Con panel, and I remember Shane Black asking the audience something to the effect of "I don't think Alien vs. Predator is dead, do you?"

To which someone should've responded, "No sir, but you sure killed the hell out of Predator".  ;D

Prez

Summed it up to my brother last night.
As a Predator film it's pretty bad.
As a Shane Black film it's great fun.

Wysps

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 02, 2019, 12:30:19 AM
I consider this whole situation a victory for the franchise. What if this movie had been successful? What if it was full speed ahead in this direction? The horror of the thought.

In an age where nonsensical plots and copious amounts of cgi have converted the movie going experience into the quest for visual cocaine, the point was made that this ain't cool with Predator. Keep the modern humor, lazy writing, the digital effects, the ridiculous easter eggs, tributes and throwbacks. Turning Predator into Call of Duty or modern Star Wars didn't go over well, and I hope the message was clearly received by the studio.

No matter how long it will be until another movie is made, I feel confident that what was allowed to happen to The Predator, will never be allowed happen to this franchise again.

Here's to hoping  :-X  But you do have a point.  I'd consider the failure of the movie a success for the franchise, in a way.  If it was popular and they had made sequels based off of any one of these endings, what would the future of the Predator (or even Alien) have looked?  So glad we don't have to find out.

HashTag_TheSwag

AVP is now officially canon, I can't wait to tell moma.

Highland

Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 12:28:00 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 01, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 01, 2019, 09:49:26 PM
Well, this just shows they had no idea what they were doing and just trying out some random stuff.

No this is worse. This means they had a sort of idea what they were doing, but just completely misunderstood everything about both series.

Like we already have AVP movies WTF lol.

It's like ...actually for once I can't even make a comparison to anything. It's on planet Z heading into a black hole.

I would call those pseudo AvP movies. They aren't based on any of the actual AvP content that vastly superior to anything Hollyfail has done.

I found this image. It represents where we are now. This my reaction anytime someone says The Predator (2018) is better than Predator (1987). And before anyone asks, yes...there are people who believe that.

The first AVP movie is basically the original comic. I mean it's shit, but I think that's because of the bad editing and script ( plus dodgy predators).

AhabPredator

Quote from: Highland on Jan 02, 2019, 01:39:18 AM
Quote from: Clanleaderyautja on Jan 02, 2019, 12:28:00 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 01, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 01, 2019, 09:49:26 PM
Well, this just shows they had no idea what they were doing and just trying out some random stuff.

No this is worse. This means they had a sort of idea what they were doing, but just completely misunderstood everything about both series.

Like we already have AVP movies WTF lol.

It's like ...actually for once I can't even make a comparison to anything. It's on planet Z heading into a black hole.

I would call those pseudo AvP movies. They aren't based on any of the actual AvP content that vastly superior to anything Hollyfail has done.

I found this image. It represents where we are now. This my reaction anytime someone says The Predator (2018) is better than Predator (1987). And before anyone asks, yes...there are people who believe that.

The first AVP movie is basically the original comic. I mean it's shit, but I think that's because of the bad editing and script ( plus dodgy predators).

The title is the same. Nothing else is.

They made it in a different time period.
Different Location.
Different human characters.
Different predators.
Different circumstances for the conflict.

The only similarity is in the title.

Hell even AvP:R cock teases the hell out of you with the colonial marine motion tracker noise in the first few minutes of the opening sequence!

SM

The major difference story wise was the comic involved humans by accident.

Predators use Aliens for 'blooding' ritual which gets out of hand and teams up with petite 'minority' woman to defeat them.  Showdown with Queen where Predator dies and narrow escape from big explosion.

Hyperdyne120-a2

marrerom

That ending, along with the Ripley one, makes no sense. The only cameo that would have fit would have been Schwarzenegger.

SM

Any survivor of a Predator film could've worked.

Unlike people who didn't survive Alien films (and won't be born for another century).

bobcunk

I think Adrian Brody would make sense to.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: bobcunk on Jan 02, 2019, 04:07:17 AM
I think Adrian Brody would make sense to.

I would've been fine with this to be honest. Would've made a hell of a lot more sense too.

SM

He probably would've made the most sense (setting aside the WY thing), since he was actually marooned in space.  Problem is most people would go 'who's Royce?'.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jan 02, 2019, 04:26:17 AM
He probably would've made the most sense (setting aside the WY thing), since he was actually marooned in space.  Problem is most people would go 'who's Royce?'.

Indeed. I'd wager even more people within the modern audience would've also gone, "who's Ripley?" and definitely "who's Rebecca J.?"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed