The Predator Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes

Started by Ramjet311, Dec 10, 2018, 07:34:20 PM

Author
The Predator Blu-Ray Deleted Scenes (Read 10,490 times)

SiL

SiL

Because Predator mandibles are like lips to us and it's just kind of weird for them to be flapping around the whole time.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Jan 04, 2019, 04:57:26 AM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 24, 2018, 04:33:48 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 24, 2018, 04:01:06 AM
At no point does the predator 2 animatronic face ever look as bad as scars face in AvP.
His googley eyes when Harrigan is right about to chop his arm off. Looks like something out of the original Mad Max ;D
I never had much problems with the P2 face. I never stopped to think that it looked bad, not like every movie that ever came after it.

Even the Elders look 5 times better than anything else.

While I agree 100% with your feelings regarding the Predators looked bad after "Predator 2", specifically ADI's work in AVP, AVPR and The Predator (however they have shown improvement with each movie), how did you feel about the work done by KNB EFX in "Predators"?

QuoteI noticed something on re-watching the lab scene in The Predator. They make his mandibles act like a crab with little movements, the original never did this, they were just moving when he wanted them to move.

I noticed that too.

Another big problem, in my opinion, is the ADI Predators can no longer close their mouth, so to speak.  Here is a shot from Predator, Predator 2, and The Predator featuring all three Yautjas not roaring or speaking.  In ADI's design, it can't close it's mouth.

I think I'm safe in saying the general consensus of Predator fans is non-approving of ADI's changes, but even when it's brought up (much gratitude to The Old One), Alec from ADI dismisses the question.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I really need to stop poking around the Predator threads . . . but they're more entertaining than the Alien ones, and I'm an Alien fan. *coughs* Excuse me, Aliens fan.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I guess it's a bit more light hearted and less serious here  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

But, but... the Mural....  ;) ;D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 04, 2019, 03:53:44 PM
But, but... the Mural....  ;) ;D

Common, David didn't create the xenomorph !

The Old One

The Old One

Everything in that ADI design is parallel
from the eyebrows to the mandibles,
to the teeth & flappy mouth skin abound.

Everything aforementioned
in the Stan Winston's Predators
are sitting at a diagonal.
There's an X going on that's
completely absent from
ADI's work.

The only Predator that's
been able to close his
mouth in thirty years,
is sadly The Upgrade-
the digital Predator.
And even then-
his mandibles are smaller
and arranged lower
than standard Predators.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 04, 2019, 05:42:10 PM

completely absent from
ADI's work.

The only Predator that's
been able to close his
mouth in thirty years,
is sadly The Upgrade-
the digital Predator.
And even then-
and arranged lower
than standard Predators.

The X vs Parallel comparison is a real effective way to describe those differences. Thumbs up.

I don't know about you, but I give props to KNB EFX for trying to come close to Stan's design in "Predators".  No it's not Stan Winston's work, but at least they didn't try to reinvent the wheel. So they're okay in my book.

The Old One

The Old One

The Predators' Predator
can't close his mouth either though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz6vac8H0uA

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 04, 2019, 08:36:35 PM
The Predators' Predator
can't close his mouth either though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz6vac8H0uA

You are absolutely right. The picture I posted above is the extent of closing its mouth. But compared to what we have been getting from ADI, it's like the lesser of two evils, times 100.  ;D. That is why I can live with it.

* Edit - Plus it has the "X"

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Is the Predator mouth going to become the next egg on the Sulaco? Or the next smooth vs. ridged head? Or the Skull?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Going to? It already has.  ;)

But this one is no contest. It's even more lopsided than PREDATOR 2 versus predators. I still haven't come across someone taking a position where Stan's design isn't the better one.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 04, 2019, 09:11:13 PM
Going to? It already has.  ;)

But this one is no contest. It's even more lopsided than PREDATOR 2 versus predators. I still haven't come across someone taking a position where Stan's design isn't the better one.

Huggs is still trying to amass an army for Predators.

We're gonna stand our ground, like Lambert in the subway. Except we win.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 04, 2019, 09:14:27 PM

Huggs is still trying to amass an army for Predators.

We're gonna stand our ground, like Lambert in the subway. Except we win.

History will say our cause was just.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 04, 2019, 06:54:41 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 04, 2019, 05:42:10 PM

completely absent from
ADI's work.

The only Predator that's
been able to close his
mouth in thirty years,
is sadly The Upgrade-
the digital Predator.
And even then-
and arranged lower
than standard Predators.

The X vs Parallel comparison is a real effective way to describe those differences. Thumbs up.

I don't know about you, but I give props to KNB EFX for trying to come close to Stan's design in "Predators".  No it's not Stan Winston's work, but at least they didn't try to reinvent the wheel. So they're okay in my book.

I have had the same feelings with how KNB EFX did the visuals for the Classic Predator's face. Again, it isn't an exact replica of the first movie, but I was very satisfied with the classic's face and they had good lighting for a lot of shots, even the daytime scene in the film. So it worked ok for me.

I also appreciate a lot more of the design the Berserker Predator has now. I always liked the overall look of the Berserker, especially with the cool mask too. But the face design is very detailed and seems like a lot of work and thought went into it. The mandibles never really closed fully in any shots & the open mouth mandibles are a bit exaggerated in some shots too. Still, I feel like I gotta give the design some props for sure, especially now with how some of the Upgrade Predator (CGI Predator) in the new film was handled :/ I think I like a little more of the Berserker now when I get to actually see some real visuals and costume props used for him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed