Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,480 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Public Enemies was ace.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Perhaps he was dictating." "Oh, shut up!" I love how the one sensible reaction gets immediately shut down. :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 17, 2021, 09:50:35 AM
Public Enemies was ace.

Yeah, I think it gets rather unfairly lumped in with lesser late period Mann stuff like Miami Vice and Blackhat.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yep, it's comfortably better than both.

Although Miami Vice has really grown on me. I didn't much like it at all the first time I saw it, but I happened to catch it on TV a few years alter and really enjoyed it, and now I seem to like it more every time I watch it. Especially the director's cut. It didn't change much, but the little additions seemed to really add to it.

Kradan

Kradan

Naked Gun

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 18, 2021, 09:06:16 AM
Yep, it's comfortably better than both.

Although Miami Vice has really grown on me. I didn't much like it at all the first time I saw it, but I happened to catch it on TV a few years alter and really enjoyed it, and now I seem to like it more every time I watch it. Especially the director's cut. It didn't change much, but the little additions seemed to really add to it.

Even though I enjoy the boat race intro of the directors cut, I prefer the theatrical cut intro. Just cutting from black to the club with the music playing and no credits really felt like (to me) that I was watching just another episode beginning in the series.

Prez

Prez

The Green Knight
Fascinating. Atmospheric (Dredd). Beautifully shot and lit. Weird.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Demonic (2021)
Started out good but turned generic and boring about halfway through.
Blomkamp has chops but like many directors, he needs a good (co-)writer. Sad he can't realise that.

Huggs

Huggs

Khartoum - 1966 (2/5)

Prez

Prez

Back to the Future - wife and I decided to let our 2 girls (10 and 6) watch this with us on family movie night.

I've seen this film countless times ever since it premiered in the cinema back in the 80s.

It still is quite possibly the most perfect film I've ever seen.
Love it.
It nails everything and just gets better and better with age. Everyone is on point with their performances. The script is brilliant and the whole pacing and storyline wonderful.

It's a shame that disease would rob MJ Fox of doing more (that said I loved him in the Good Wife). His on screen chemistry with Christopher Lloyd is absolutely perfect.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mask of Zorro

Still great, even if the free on demand version cuts an entire action scene.  >:(

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Honestly very enjoyable. That William Petersen cameo. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

The Wolfman: Unrated (3.5/5)

The Irishman (3.5/5)

The Wolfman vs The Irishman (TBD)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Get the Gringo (2012)
Some quality moments to this. Little Leathal Weapon 1 feeling at times. And Gibson doing a Clint Eastwood imitation.
Oh, Mel. If only you could have behaved you wouldn't be blacklisted.

Natural Born Killers (1994)
Not sure who did the casting but picking Rodney Dangerfield for the creepy dad was brilliant.

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 22, 2021, 11:42:54 PM
The Wolfman: Unrated (3.5/5)

The Irishman (3.5/5)

The Wolfman vs The Irishman (TBD)

Spoiler: The Wolfman vs The Irishman (TBD) ends with the Wolfman biting, but not killing, the Irishman. Setting the scene for the next part in the franchise:
The Irish Wolfman.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Canadian Bacon

"Protect this bar with your lives!" :laugh:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

I don't think I've ever picked up on Barbossa calling his crew a bunch of inbreds before. :laugh:

Candyman

One of the best horror films of the 90s, and the best adaptation of a Clive Barker story so far.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

From Dust (2016)
Cool low budget sci-fi horror about two researchers, recently discovered ancient artifacts and...
Movie takes mostly takes place in a lab and appartment. Also only about an hour long.
Certainly had some cool ideas. And featuring mentions of Life Force, Alien and Stargate.
Worth checking out if you can look past the cheap production.

The Beach Girls (1982)
The title and the year should tell you enough.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hitler - Dead or Alive (1942)

Stupid but fun piece of wartime propaganda.

Wild Bill (1995)

There's some decent stuff here, but overall it's a choppy, uneven mess. Definitely not one of Walter Hill's best.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed