Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,059 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Solid movie, and sheeeeeeit, nice Senator Clay Davis cameo.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 26, 2019, 10:36:28 AM
The Scorpion King
Still a fun fantasy film. The Rock does have a lot of charm and He gets to fight Michael Clarke Duncan

Are you going to watch all four sequels? :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace (1999)

Every saga has a beginning. And unfortunately it's a shit one to boot. I wouldn't call this great film making in the slightest. Nor would I even call Lucas an accomplished director. This is, at the end of the day, a kids movie with political jargon thrown in to not completely detract from how cheesy and awful this film is at times.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Iron Sky 2: The Coming Race (2019)
Inferior sequel that's missing all the things that made the first one such a fun watch. 5/10

Happy Death Day 2U (2019)
Despite it being more sci-fi than horror this time, it has more originality and isn't a carbon copy of the first one. 7/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on May 26, 2019, 07:34:32 PM

Every saga has a beginning. And unfortunately it's a shit one to boot. I wouldn't call this great film making in the slightest. Nor would I even call Lucas an accomplished director. This is, at the end of the day, a kids movie with political jargon thrown in to not completely detract from how cheesy and awful this film is at times.

Meesa take it yoosa didn't like it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: First Blood on May 26, 2019, 07:34:32 PM

I sure love this guy though...

Maul could have been the Vader of the prequel trilogy if they didn't stupidly kill him off.

SM

SM

Aquaman

Sometimes fun, but very uneven.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Destroy All Monsters

"Captain, running away sucks. Let's fight back!" :laugh:

Honestly I like this one a lot. I just wish that Varan had more screen time and that the dumb fire dragon stuff at the end wasn't there.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 26, 2019, 07:06:46 PM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 26, 2019, 10:36:28 AM
The Scorpion King
Still a fun fantasy film. The Rock does have a lot of charm and He gets to fight Michael Clarke Duncan

Are you going to watch all four sequels? :laugh:

Lol if i can lmao

Doctor Strange
A fun film and a great introduction to the Multiverse and all its craziness. Also i now have a theory about the final end credits scene

Spoiler
We could now say its set in the 5 year gap between Infinity War and Endgame
[close]

Z for Zachariah
A slow thought provoking drama and a great three hander. Shame it bombed at the box office

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Shin Godzilla

Very good for the most part, with an interesting documentary like approach and some great effects. I really, really could do without being constantly informed of the name of every room and which floor of which building it's one in every scene. It even gives you the name of specific elevators and staircases, for f**k's sake. :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Fury Road

Oh what a lovely day.

Huggs

Huggs

One Hour Photo (3/5)

Williams just disappears into this role.

House of Flying Daggers (3/5)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Captain America: Winter Soldier

Still the MCU's best movie to date IMO

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I really enjoyed The Winter Solider, but it was hurt for me by the fact that, for a film with Winter Soldier in the title, he barely featured and we really didn't learn f*ck-all about what he was up to. It also had one of those terrible just-stop-in-the-middle-of-a-scene "cliffhanger" endings that I so hate.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 29, 2019, 08:40:36 AM
I really enjoyed The Winter Solider, but it was hurt for me by the fact that, for a film with Winter Soldier in the title, he barely featured and we really didn't learn f*ck-all about what he was up to. It also had one of those terrible just-stop-in-the-middle-of-a-scene "cliffhanger" endings that I so hate.

I liked the fact that we didn't learn a lot, and the tragic light it cast him in.  I think what might lessen it is that Civil War kind of dropped the ball somewhat by forcing almost all of Bucky's story into the middle of the Accords story line.  Civil War is in my top three comic books of all time, just behind Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns.  Though I have softened on my opinion of the movie, Civil War was the biggest let down because they had so much potential to work with and it felt like they were cramming all of that in together with Bucky's struggle.  I enjoy it more now, especially because of the dialogue, and Evans and Downey Jr are excellent.  But compared to the source material, it just fell a little flat. 

Spoiler
Not to mention, the whole Bucky caught on camera scene feels too convenient
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 29, 2019, 08:40:36 AM

I never found it as a cliffhanger, nor was left with The Winter Soldier being an unresolved antagonist. We learned that Hydra had infiltrated SHIELD starting from the top with Alexander Pierce, they had coopted Bucky and made him a villian called the TWS, and they planned to exterminate all threats based on Zola's data-mining algorithm. Their plan was foiled, the Hydra run SHIELD was stopped, exposed and arrests were made, Steve got through to Bucky and subsequently saved by him, and Alexander Pierce was killed.

Just because Bucky went into hiding when the dust settled and Steve wants to go look for him, I never classified that tease as a cliffhanger in my opinion.

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 29, 2019, 08:53:10 AM
Civil War is in my top three comic books of all time, just behind Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns.  Though I have softened on my opinion of the movie, Civil War was the biggest let down because they had so much potential to work with and it felt like they were cramming all of that in together with Bucky's struggle.

See this is where you lose me good friend. I'm a huge fan of the Civil War comic event, as well as the film - it's in the top 3 of mcu films to me. I have no problem someone making this criticism, but knowing you called BvS a "masterpiece", a film that excessively crammed much more than Civil War ever did, it's hard to see where coming from without some critical  consistency.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed