Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,037 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ready Player One

Not quite top shelf Spielberg, but a very fun and entertaining popcorn film nonetheless.

Outland

A cool little science fiction film. And hey, that was a very young Lester Freamon. :)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 01, 2018, 10:42:02 PM

Outland

A cool little science fiction film. And hey, that was a very young Lester Freamon. :)

I've watched that over a dozen times and I never recognized him :o  I'll watch it again & check the credits. He's the cop that became sargent at the end I'm guessing.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 02, 2018, 12:57:27 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 01, 2018, 10:42:02 PM

Outland

I've watched that over a dozen times and I never recognized him :o  I'll watch it again & check the credits. He's the cop that became sargent at the end I'm guessing.

Spoiler
The one who gets killed off in the space suit fight near the end.
[close]

Russ

Russ

Ready Player One. All kinds of awesome, loved it.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 30, 2018, 11:38:41 PM
Blade Runner 2049. Not as good as the first, but not bad. Could've sworn I heard a couple of sound effects from the Alien movies during the autopsy scene. I think there may have been a short music cue similar to Aliens in that scene as well.
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 31, 2018, 03:58:11 AM

Is as good as the first one, has some little flaws, but they are very little and specific, is a near perfect movie and one of the best of 2017 and and one of the best movies from hollywood in a long time, a work of art.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 31, 2018, 03:32:17 AM
Borat

"My name is mind your own f**king business."

"Okay... It is 3 in the morning. I am in a nest of Jews. They have cleverly shifted their shapes. One of them has taken the form of a little old woman. You can barely see her horns."

I love those Sacha Baron Cohen's comedies.
Borat, Bruno, The Dictator and Brothers Grimsby. All laugh out loud funny.

The ones that made that werent in documentary style i did not found them as funny :/

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Fight Club.
Its a classic and I love the DID thing.  A good twist but today everyone already knows about it.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Fight Club is a bit of a mixed bag for me. 

I get it, it's about a man who exists in a feminised culture, trying to rediscover his manhood, but going to self-help support groups?  That seemed a little over the top.

Taxi Driver or Bad Boy Bubby did it better.  It's a coming of age story, but much later in life.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 01, 2018, 10:42:02 PMOutland

Holy shieeeeeeet! I never noticed that either. As soon as you mentioned it I knew who he must've been though.

Quote from: D88M on Apr 02, 2018, 06:37:51 PMThe ones that made that werent in documentary style i did not found them as funny :/

I mostly agree, except Da Ali G Movie, which I think is excellent.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ready Player One
Really enjoyed this and I did geek out at a lot of the Easter Eggs

Cliffhanger
Really want to see the more violent workprint of this

Tremors 2: Aftershock
A fantastic sequel

Universal Soldier
This film is always fun to watch, really balances the comedy moments with the main action and Drama

Balls of Fury
That use of Def Leppard

Tremors 3: Back to Perfection
Essentially a TV Movie/pilot. Still need to watch the series they made after

Tropic Thunder
A brilliant piss take. RDJ needs to do more films like this

Piranha 3D
Great film, shame the sequel was crap

Free Fire
Had been wanting to see this for ages and it was well worth the wait. Kicks ass and I couldn't stop laughing

Isle of Dogs
Beautifully animated. Wes Anderson is great at these family friendly films. He should do more

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 03, 2018, 02:44:38 AM
Fight Club is a bit of a mixed bag for me. 

I get it, it's about a man who exists in a feminised culture, trying to rediscover his manhood, but going to self-help support groups?  That seemed a little over the top.

Taxi Driver or Bad Boy Bubby did it better.  It's a coming of age story, but much later in life.

FC is about consumerism and how it dominates everyday life, I didn't pick up a feminised quality to the culture, it was all just shallow and all consuming, plus vanity.
FC then evolves into anarchy and nihilism, and the dangers into going too far that way. plus there is irony too, as the attack on consumerism is also an attack on the conformity and sheep behavior it causes but the cult itself becomes all about conformity and loss of individualism themselves.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 03, 2018, 12:26:26 PMCliffhanger
Really want to see the more violent workprint of this

The MPAA f*cking hated Stallone in the 80s and 90s lol.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Um, what just happened? :laugh: Same writer as Wired, too. :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 03, 2018, 11:16:34 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 01, 2018, 10:42:02 PMOutland

Holy shieeeeeeet! I never noticed that either. As soon as you mentioned it I knew who he must've been though.

Far from natural police that time around. :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 03, 2018, 12:48:55 PM

I didn't pick up a feminised quality to the culture,

"We're a generation of men raised by women"

Justice League:  Throne of Atlantis

Really enjoyed this.  Now looking forward to Aquaman.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 04, 2018, 02:01:26 AMUm, what just happened? :laugh: Same writer as Wired, too. :laugh:

I really want to see that. Can you offer anything more akin to a critical recommendation? :laugh:

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 01, 2018, 10:42:02 PMFar from natural police that time around. :laugh:

That was before he'd been relegated to the pawnshop unit for thirteen years (and four months).

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Scorpio on Apr 04, 2018, 02:53:50 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 03, 2018, 12:48:55 PM

I didn't pick up a feminised quality to the culture,

"We're a generation of men raised by women"

I'm aware of what is said in the film but I still don't really see it because its not the main theme. Not to mention that women have always raised men, just a matter how much and if the parent duties is equally shared or not, so his comment never made sense to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed