Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,156 times)

Olde

Olde

Baby Driver. It was good. Not 97% on Rotten Tomatoes good, which is what it has now, but it was good.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The House
Fantastic comedy with Will Ferrell and Amy Poelher. There's a bit more to it than the trailers say and everyone was in bursts of laughter. Give it a shot

Leviathan
An enjoyable underwater monster movie. They did great with the budget they had and Peter Weller is just great

The Video Dead
You have to love these cheesy 80's Horror movies. Its hard to find but worth the watch.

Foxcatcher
Damn do Steve Carrell and Channing Tatum put in great performances and Carrell is unsettling

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

(from Saturday night)

Cape Fear (1991)

The annual viewing of CF never disappoints, great movie with one of my favorite movie theme soundtracks.

9.5/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Exorcist III - Director's Cut

"It's a warm film, it fills the heart." "You said the same thing about Eraserhead!"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 11, 2017, 01:08:46 AMCape Fear (1991)

The annual viewing of CF never disappoints, great movie with one of my favorite movie theme soundtracks.

9.5/10

Another one of those rare remakes that actually succeeds. Dew Niro is fantastic in it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Rewatched the 2 Ape reboots last night in prep for War of tonight. I forgot just how good and intense those films were! Also, did anyone else pick up on the 2001-vibes in the music in Dawn?

Russ

Russ

I watched a small movie called "Pandemic" with Rachel Nichols and the bloke of GoT who had his willy chopped off.

It started out really generic but I have to say that it had a brilliant twist and the ending really delivered. Worth a watch if you like zombie movies and can take the "we have no budget" stylings.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Lost City of Z

This was wonderful, a powerful drama worth every second of its 142 minute run time. Charlie Hunnam really owns the role of Percy Fawcett, too. That speech scene is something else.

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

The Descent (2005)    2/10

Surely one of the most overrated horrors, it's even worse than I remembered. The part where they get trapped in the cave is scarier than anything that happens later on with the creatures. The action is terrible, it's all jumpy quick shots so it's hard to focus on anything, even harder because it's so dark! There is one good OMG moment but the longer the film goes on the less believable it all becomes and I didn't care about any of the characters.

The Descent: Part 2 (2009)      3/10

This is even less believable than the first one, starts ok but once they enter the cave it quickly goes downhill, annoying characters and lots of OTT gore. It's easier to see whats going on though. I would rate it lower but it gains points for the ending and the scene when the main characters get shitted on. Being trapped in a cave with creatures is a great idea for a horror especially if you're claustrophobic like me, the execution is really poor though in both films.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 11, 2017, 07:43:06 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 11, 2017, 01:08:46 AMCape Fear (1991)

9.5/10

Another one of those rare remakes that actually succeeds. Dew Niro is fantastic in it.
Dare I say it exceeds the original? I love how the original actors are in this version too, Peck is on target as always.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 12, 2017, 12:49:49 AMDare I say it exceeds the original? I love how the original actors are in this version too, Peck is on target as always.

You may indeed dare, as I've never seen the original :P I just know the remake is an excellent movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lifeforce

That was interesting, to say the least. And uh, hi, Patrick Stewart? :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 12, 2017, 09:59:52 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 12, 2017, 12:49:49 AMDare I say it exceeds the original? I love how the original actors are in this version too, Peck is on target as always.

You may indeed dare, as I've never seen the original :P I just know the remake is an excellent movie.

I loved he original when I saw it. I gave up on the remake after about five minutes of that family screaming at each other.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Shame, that was the only lame part of the film, but it did build character development and backgrounds.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Heat

Great film, but I think it could maybe lose one or two subplots and not be hurt all that much.

Also, goddamn this DVD looks like shit. Too bad the blu-ray is yet another Mann dick around edit.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Longest Yard
An actually good Adam Sandler film, but that's because its an ensemble piece, which works in its favour. Also the amount of wrestlers in this lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed