Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,428 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)

8.3/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Devil (2010)

I heard tell of the toast scene. It did not disappoint. The movie was just kind of average on the whole, surprised as hell to see Holloway from Prometheus in it. :laugh:

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 26, 2016, 04:21:28 AM
Devil (2010)

I heard tell of the toast scene. It did not disappoint. The movie was just kind of average on the whole, surprised as hell to see Holloway from Prometheus in it. :laugh:

The toast scene is something else! Overall though I like the movie, interesting premise, but it could have been executed better

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 25, 2016, 04:29:58 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 22, 2016, 01:40:37 PM
Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)
Such a beautifully made film, a brilliant story and I'm not ashamed to say I teared up at the end. It also should have just been called Kubo and the Strings. You'll understand when you watch it

Nah, I think the "Two" in the title was necessary.

Spoiler
A the end of the film there are three strings on the shamisen, yes, but they are all represented in the title. Kubo is one of them, the other two being his mother and father.
[close]

Of course it is *facepalm* Lol how did i miss that. Guess because i was teary eyed at the end lol

Maniac Cop I-III (1988-1993)

A good horror series, really enjoyed it, although i felt that most of the leads across the series were rather under served except Robert Davi. They didnt really need to do the third one but it did add some interesting elements.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nightbreed - Director's Cut

A truly glorious piece of work. "Not lying down dead. Walking around in my f**king cell dead!"

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Daddy's Home

After Get Hard I was beginning to think the Will Ferrell thing was becoming tiresome, but I actually enjoyed this movie, really funny in places, and Ferrell and Wahlberg work really well together.  Worth it just for the 30 seconds of Bill Burr alone

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

The Conjuring 2 -4.5/5
A decent fun horror flick, though it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be..
Its still a good time if you're looking for something that'll make you think twice about going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
To be honest I think I've fried my horror nerves, seen so many that it takes quite a lot to scare me now.
Half a point for not scaring the shit outta me, just made me mildly paranoid about walking around in the dark.
Though this can be a fault of mine so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Sep 28, 2016, 11:30:29 AM
The Conjuring 2 -4.5/5
Its still a good time if you're looking for something that'll make you think twice about going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
To be honest I think I've fried my horror nerves, seen so many that it takes quite a lot to scare me now.
Half a point for not scaring the shit outta me, just made me mildly paranoid about walking around in the dark.
Which ones scared you the most?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 28, 2016, 07:07:29 AM

A truly glorious piece of work. "Not lying down dead. Walking around in my f**king cell dead!"

Did they just release this on Blu-Ray/DVD in the States or is it Multi Region? because i must have it lol

Silver Bullet (1985)
I love Stephen King adapts and i feel this is one of the good ones. Who thought Gary Busey could rein it in lol and Everett McGill is great as the Reverend

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 28, 2016, 11:35:43 AM
Quote from: Dark Passenger on Sep 28, 2016, 11:30:29 AM
The Conjuring 2 -4.5/5
Which ones scared you the most?

Been a few years since a movie truly horrified me.
When I was abit younger the first insidious kinda creeped me out. also the grudge and ring movies.
Texas chainsaw massacre remake was pretty intense when I was like 12/13, hard to pinpoint when exactly it was that I became kinda numb to horror. maybe its because I've seen so many, the horror cliches become more apparent and make the movie predictable.
Though when I was really young nothing better than some nightmare on elms street, childsplay, halloween and Friday the 13th to keep ya up at night, enduring those from a young age has made it really hard to recreate that kind of terror.
Though I can acknowledge that its more me being a problem than the actual quality of recent horror movies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 28, 2016, 11:37:20 AM

Did they just release this on Blu-Ray/DVD in the States or is it Multi Region? because i must have it lol

It's Shout Factory, so the disc is Region 1 only. No idea if it's streaming on UK Netflix or not, though.

QuoteSilver Bullet (1985)
I love Stephen King adapts and i feel this is one of the good ones. Who thought Gary Busey could rein it in lol and Everett McGill is great as the Reverend

Well, that was pre-accident Busey, back when he was still remembered as an Oscar nominated actor.

Lord of Illusions - Director's Cut

Not that I could tell the differences between the two, but hey, there's non-speaking cameos by Mickey from Seinfeld and Azamat from Borat. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 28, 2016, 04:01:50 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 28, 2016, 11:37:20 AM

It's Shout Factory, so the disc is Region 1 only. No idea if it's streaming on UK Netflix or not, though.

QuoteSilver Bullet (1985)

Well, that was pre-accident Busey, back when he was still remembered as an Oscar nominated actor.

Lord of Illusions - Director's Cut

Not that I could tell the differences between the two, but hey, there's non-speaking cameos by Mickey from Seinfeld and Azamat from Borat. :laugh:

Ah okay. So is it only Blu-ray then for Nightbreed?

Lol thats true, didnt think of that

I think the LOI directors cut has about 15/20 mins extra footage that just expands on D'Amour's backstory and his releationship with Famke's character. Still a great film mind

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Midnight Movie (2008)
Slasher 4/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 29, 2016, 11:14:59 AM

I think the LOI directors cut has about 15/20 mins extra footage that just expands on D'Amour's backstory and his releationship with Famke's character. Still a great film mind

Yes, I believe the director's cut is exclusive to Shout Factory so far. It's up on US Netflix as well.

Yeah, LOI is mostly great, I just wish they had made it an actual mystery instead of giving it all away in the first fifteen minutes.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 29, 2016, 07:57:29 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 29, 2016, 11:14:59 AM

Yes, I believe the director's cut is exclusive to Shout Factory so far. It's up on US Netflix as well.

Yeah, LOI is mostly great, I just wish they had made it an actual mystery instead of giving it all away in the first fifteen minutes.

Ah okay then thats good to know.

Yeah That would have been great. Have that opening sequence about halfway through as a flashback, where its being explained to D'Amour

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed