Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,726 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ringu 0

Best film in the series besides the original. It successfully makes one change their perspective on Sadako as a character and provides for one hell of a gut punch.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Sadako 3D

f**k me... this one of the most pointless, padded out movie I've ever seen. The entire plot is set in motion by some guy on the internet being butthurt because he got flamed.

Sadako 3D 2

Huh... I didn't hate this. It's not that great, but it at least attempts to have a story and characters, unlike the last movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Terminator : Genysis
and
San Andreas

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

10 Cloverfield Lane

I more or less loved the hell out of this movie, even with the one  or two issues I had with it. John Goodman is amazing.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I have never seen any of the Cloverfield movies, is this one related to? It looks like a decent watch...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's pretty much its own movie. The connection to the first is slight.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Riddick
and
Idle Hands

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Grudge

Why does this one of all the Japanese horror remakes get the pass from so many people? The scary scenes are all super short, and the stuff between them is the talkiest, dullest, most poorly acted crap possible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I watched Zootropolis yesterday. Surprisingly entertaining film with a fair bit of depth to it!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Grudge 2

I actually liked this one a lot better than the first one. It wasn't goddamn shot-for-shot copied from the originals, for one thing. The anachronic scene order was also a lot more interesting here, and it was fun piecing the bits of the story together.

The Grudge 3

f**king hell, that was a boring piece of crap with a shit story. The most entertaining thing here is that the doctor in charge of the mental hospital is played by Amanda from Saw. That's goddamn hilarious.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ring

Still holds up as a scary, well made piece of work. It's a remake that actually carries its own weight and does so fairly well. Also, Brian Cox is basically playing proto-Stryker in this, it's awesome.

The Ring Two

Okay, now I'm mad. The f**k was the point of that?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Drive

Awesome movie. Who knew Nemo's dad could be so terrifying? :laugh: And lol at Bryan Cranston name dropping Belize.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 18, 2016, 03:48:09 PM
Drive

Awesome movie. Who knew Nemo's dad could be so terrifying? :laugh: And lol at Bryan Cranston name dropping Belize.

Great movie!  And yeah, Nemo's dad is a beast in this movie.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Wow.  I really enjoyed this movie when I first saw it, in fact I loved it.  I still do.  But after a few more viewings, I find more and more problems with it.  I'm not one of these Marvel vs DC guys.  I love them both.  I love the fact that I live in a world where the Avengers are together, Ant Man, Black Panther and Spiderman are all going to share a screen together.  I love the fact that I'm going to see Batman face off against Superman, build up the Justice League, and Wonder Woman finally gets her long deserved movie.  That being said, the last few days, I've had to hear the scoffing of several Marvel only fanboys, going on and on about Zack Snyder and WB.  In my final viewing of Age of Ultron I watched it with rage glasses. 

Firstly, what Disney and Marvel have done since Iron Man is incredible.  They brought the things on my shelves, on my walls to life.  They made superhero movies a credible format again. 

That being said.  I do find it annoying that certain Marvel fans are under the illusion that their films are flawless.  Nope. 

Iron Man, Winter Soldier,  Thor,  Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man were all awesome.  Winter Soldier and GOTG are the standouts for me.  I loved Avengers Assemble, I loved Age of Ultron, or so I thought. 

My problems with Age of Ultron are as follows,

It's pretty much beat for beat the same as Assemble, Tony Stark inadvertently creates the villain/problem, Avengers fight each other, they fight a giant army at the end. 

Nick Fury just happens to have a spare carrier to turn up to save the people.  This is one of my main gripes with Marvel fan boys.  'Superman killed thousands in Man of Steel' 'Avengers actually save people'.  I don't like the sugar coating of civilians not dying in Marvel movies.  In the final battle, Cap tries to save the woman in the car, Thor does and tosses her up, then brings up another car.  Hawkeye/Quicksilver save that kid.  Quicksilver also saves people from the runaway train.  But surely a lot of people were killed by the crashing train, surely a lot of them were killed in the Hulk/Hulkbuster brawl (Which is kind of addressed but not thoroughly explored) A lot of people had to have died in the final battle.  Hundreds of robots flying around, they had to have killed people. 

I'm not saying I want to see civilians die, but come on.  Superhumans/ Supervillains battling, people will die.  And judging by the Civil War trailers, this might actually be addressed finally

Ultron's creation was a little rushed for me (but that is a minor, very minor thing)  Spader's performance more than makes up for it. 

Positives

Bettany is brilliant as the Vision

Whedon's dialogue is spot on as usual

The Avengers as actors have some of the best on screen chemistry I've ever scene.

The Hulk has never been better represented.

I still love the film, but I see more flaws now.  I'm not trying to start the whole Marvel v DC thing.  It's just the arrogance of some fan boys is unbearable at times.  Some DC fanboys are no better.  I wish they would all just embrace the fact that we are getting spoiled with superhero movies at last.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ring Virus

This is the Korean remake of Ringu, and it plays like a garbled mash up of that film and the original novel, which it borrows a number of plot points from, including the twist regarding Sadako's nature. The two don't really mix, making the story kind of crappy and vague. The acting is pretty bad for the most part, with the lead being bland as hell, and this version of Ryuji is the most annoying asshole possible. The one bright spot are the fairly well done flashbacks featuring Doona Bae of all people playing Eun-suh, this movie's rendition of Sadako, very well.

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Mar 23, 2016, 01:07:05 AM
I'm not saying I want to see civilians die, but come on.  Superhumans/ Supervillains battling, people will die.  And judging by the Civil War trailers, this might actually be addressed finally

The Marvel Netflix shows have been addressing it pretty well, I think. The battle in the first Avengers, at least, has had some definite consequences.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 23, 2016, 02:55:11 AM
The Ring Virus

This is the Korean remake of Ringu, and it plays like a garbled mash up of that film and the original novel, which it borrows a number of plot points from, including the twist regarding Sadako's nature. The two don't really mix, making the story kind of crappy and vague. The acting is pretty bad for the most part, with the lead being bland as hell, and this version of Ryuji is the most annoying asshole possible. The one bright spot are the fairly well done flashbacks featuring Doona Bae of all people playing Eun-suh, this movie's rendition of Sadako, very well.

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Mar 23, 2016, 01:07:05 AM

The Marvel Netflix shows have been addressing it pretty well, I think. The battle in the first Avengers, at least, has had some definite consequences.

Right.  I've watched a couple of episodes of Agents of Shield, I couldn't get into it.  But a few friends have told me to stick with it, they do tie up certain things really well apparently.  And again, judging by the Civil War trailer, I think they will address it.  Those complaints were minor gripes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed