Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,497 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 13, 2023, 10:57:16 AMYeah, like I said, I've always wanted to, they just don't seem to be that easy to track down here in the UK.
I find that sad considering all the ones I couldn't get I found in England on my last trip over.

But that was 2006.

Jesus f**k that's almost 20 years.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 13, 2023, 10:57:16 AMYeah, like I said, I've always wanted to, they just don't seem to be that easy to track down here in the UK.

It's no picnic in the US, either. Tye distribution rights were all over the place in the DVD era, and a few of them were out of print for ages. Hell, I'm pretty sure Return of Godzilla and vs Biollante are right back into out of print hell after a brief window where they were available on Blu-Ray.

And the bitch of it is, I can't even get rid of some of my older copies because they have alternate versions and features Toho has basically decided to bury.

SiL

SiL

Raids Again, 85 and vs Biollante are the only ones I've never seen because I've never been able to find them.

BFI did a great DVD off the original for the 50th anniversary with some cool special features, and I have a DVD from Eastern Eye with both the original Japanese version and King of the Monsters American edit.

Prez

Prez

The Creator
Finally finished this. Incredible to look at - the aesthetic is like Apocalypse Now meets Simon Stalenhag's tone (Tales from the Loop). I actually really enjoyed the emotional heart of this film.

This isn't a Terminator ripoff that the trailers led me (and probably more) to believe. It's very much a futuristic take on the Vietnam War.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SiL on Dec 13, 2023, 08:52:02 PMRaids Again, 85 and vs Biollante are the only ones I've never seen because I've never been able to find them.

BFI did a great DVD off the original for the 50th anniversary with some cool special features, and I have a DVD from Eastern Eye with both the original Japanese version and King of the Monsters American edit.

I know 85 has sticky rights issues because of something to do with whoever owns the US cut, but it's been so long since I've looked into it that I no longer remember the specifics. Raids Again at least got a solid DVD release from Classic Media in the 2000s over here, and a Criterion Blu-Ray now. I don't know what the deal with Biollante is, but it might have something to do with HBO having the distributions rights at first.

Godzilla 2000

Gotta give it to a dub that randomly inserts references to Patton and Superman.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack

Overly wordy title aside, this is one of the very best Godzilla movies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla: Final Wars

Hudafuk, if you want batshit insanity, this one qualifies.  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

At least my boy Hedorah is in it for a moment.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Prometheus

Holloway is the real villain of this movie

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SiL on Dec 15, 2023, 09:27:46 PMAt least my boy Hedorah is in it for a moment.

And he gets less screen time than Zilla.  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 15, 2023, 11:21:44 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 15, 2023, 09:27:46 PMAt least my boy Hedorah is in it for a moment.

And he gets less screen time than Zilla.  :laugh:
Yeah but people actually cared about seeing Zilla get his arse kicked.

Stitch

Stitch

Godzilla: Minus One
Awesome movie. Absolutely fantastic.

Godzilla
Thought I'd check out the original again. It's been a while.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters

The montage near the beginning is the best part, and frankly, would have made for a better movie. Way too much of this is just dry technical exposition and overwrought philosophizing.

Godzilla 2: City on the Edge of Battle

Better, but still not particularly good. They seem to love teasing actual Godzilla things but not delivering on them. Hell, the wall painting of Mothra doesn't even look anything like her, and we don't even get a good look at the original Mechagodzilla's remains.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Scrooged

Still the best Christmas movie to date

Prez

Prez

Candy Cane Lane - Surprisingly better than I thought.

Home Alone - Yep. Still the best Xmas movie (after Gremlins).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed