Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,736 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Genuinely might be my favourite Nolan movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's probably mine as well.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 01, 2023, 06:38:06 AMI actually prefer Eddie Murphy in that to Beverly Hills Cop.

https://youtu.be/6bBhbuffx4U?si=_HvcRr_MNtcJcHca

;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Orphan

Not bad, but felt a little dragged out, and the musical score was so overdone it was hilarious at times. Also, it does the thing I hate where

Spoiler
the villain is dead... oh wait, no they're not, here's ten more minutes of chase scene. And then it does it again:laugh:
[close]

And it has a suspiciously similar one liner to one from The Ring Two. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jack Reacher

"I intend to beat you to death, and drink your blood from a boot."

Prez

Prez

Transformers - Rise of the Beasts - After the nice surprise pseudo reboot of Bumblebee I was expecting a bit more from this one. It was a nice nostalgia trip back to the 90s era Transformers but it felt way too cheesy/corny, forced and rather limp at times. And for all the (major) flaws of Bay-era Transformers one thing he always brought in those films was sheer scale, frenetic pace and gravitas. ROTB felt rather piss weak on those scales IMO. My 8 year old enjoyed it though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

13 (2010)

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Cursed (2005)
Still really want to see the original footage, even if it does miss the ending

Event Horizon (w/h Directors Commentary)

Clive Barker's Lord of Illusion

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Piranha (1978)

"What about the goddamn piranhas?" "They're eating the guests, sir." :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Alligator

"Must have been a real small casket." :laugh:

Robert Forster was the man.

Stitch

Stitch

Don't Look Up (2009)

Remake of a Hideo Nakata movie. Kinda cheap and obviously not from a major label (despite a weird cameo from Eli Roth). Not a good film but an entertaining one.

Elevator Game

Apparently based on a real life 'game', this is another cheapie horror on Shudder, but again it's fairly entertaining, even if some of the lighting and cinematography isn't great.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy (1932)

Entrancing film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Exorcist: Believer

This was an extremely frustrating watch. It starts off much better than what I expected, and it has a lot of good ideas and scenes, but it never comes together in a satisfying way. And the actual Exorcist connections are so threadbare they could be replaced by anything.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Anaconda

Ah yes, famous Paraguayan Jon Voight.

SiL

SiL

Saw X

To say it's the best, or second-best, Saw film is a low bar to clear - but boy how it clears it.

Horror franchises that make it ten entries typically don't knock it out of the park on the tenth try but there's a first time for everything.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Are the other movies required viewing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed