Why arent there any multiplayer games to join??????

Started by nicky, Jan 20, 2008, 09:41:19 PM

Author
Why arent there any multiplayer games to join?????? (Read 2,169 times)

nicky

Have I done something wrong? I cant seem to find any games to join. I'm on Windows XP and downloaded the 1.0.9.6 update and run it up and ping, players and all are set to "any" but I can never find any games. What gives?

samurai_yautja

:'(
becoz Monolith treat the games' online playing system very bad!!

Space Voyager

It may be because some (or most) play with AJL mod installed. Which means that you probably don't see them unless you have it too.

nicky

AJL mod installed? Do you have a link where I can download it? I was told that maybe I need to re-install my game.

Horhey

There's plenty of servers to play on right now. :-\

KingKenny

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jan 23, 2008, 12:12:44 PM
It may be because some (or most) play with AJL mod installed. Which means that you probably don't see them unless you have it too.

No thats not true. There are maybe 2 or 3 servers that run the mod while there are about 100 servers that run default avp2 without mods running, and maybe 5 or so servers of those 100 run custom maps.

Default AvP2 is still the most popular form of the game, as no servers running mods have ever come close to the number playing the default game.

As for the issue about not being able to find servers. A firewall may be preventing access to the server list. If you're sure its not your system settings or game settings, try a reinstall.

jegu

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jan 23, 2008, 12:12:44 PM

Hmm... pretttttttttty far fetched. The server find worked from 2001-2005. AJL Mod wasn't even out then. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

chubbs3

i lost the box to this game so i cant play multuplayer online anymore. It really sucks.

Space Voyager

Quote from: jegu on Jan 23, 2008, 09:40:01 PMHmm... pretttttttttty far fetched.

Ok, ok! It was a random guess, I never played on-line. I jsut knew some really like the AJL.

Sooo, a lot of people play AvP2... I may actually try to join.

Private Hudson

I find plenty to jopin on default multi play, I heard that the AJL mod is the one with less servers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed