What was the biggest dissapointment for you in AvP2- Primal Hunt. (poll)

Started by EPA1337, Jan 06, 2008, 07:11:27 AM

What was the biggest dissapointment for you in AvP2- Primal Hunt.

The 360 degree range motion tracker.
3 (13.6%)
Poor story line.
1 (4.5%)
Predalien campaign to short.
4 (18.2%)
Too many aliens when playing corporate.
4 (18.2%)
The ancient predator.
1 (4.5%)
Dodgy gameplay.
0 (0%)
Indegnous lifeforms (besides xenomorphs)
2 (9.1%)
Other.
5 (22.7%)
There was no dissapointment.
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author
What was the biggest dissapointment for you in AvP2- Primal Hunt. (poll) (Read 2,845 times)

EPA1337

Hey everyone this is my first pole on this site. After reading mainly negative reviews about AvP- Primal hunt, i wanted to see what dissapointed the fans the most. I added a lot of the negative components that i found fans discussing and i also  added a '' no dissapointment'' option for people who liked it.

Cyas!

Kimarhi

There was no intrigue.  The tension of the marine campaign was completely gone.  The voice acting of the russians were all played by goofballs.

Nothing interesting happens.  There is no new innovation.

I think the lack of innovation is what killed it.  Corporate is just the marine class renamed.  Thus the corporate missions are just marine missions. 

It would've been much better had they set it in space or something.

AWC 3117

The Predalien campaign was too short sadly. :'(

windebieste

My biggest disappointment with PL was that the devs, Third Law Interactive, decided to create 3 short campaigns instead of a single decent length campaign.  They made the mistake of trying to emulate the structure of the original AvP2 stand alone and as a result the expansion pack was diluted across 3 short campaign.  They should have concentrated on creating a single new campaign for the Corporate Single Player.  That would have fleshed out really nicely a quintilogy of Campaigns: the Marine, Alien and Predator for the stand alone; and the fourth, Corporate campaign for the expansion pack.

Most people agree that the Marine campaign is the best in the original box; so using the formula that made that successful would have been a great move for the expansion.  

-Windebieste.

Kimarhi

Huol

Definatly the shortness of the campaign.

They where good, but too short.

Kimarhi

Couldn't help but feel that the predalien got shorted a little.  The facehugger side of things felt a little rushed and took up an entire level by itself.

EPA1337

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 06, 2008, 10:22:03 PM
Couldn't help but feel that the predalien got shorted a little.  The facehugger side of things felt a little rushed and took up an entire level by itself.

Yes i know. And by the time you were full grown the game was almost over.

AWC 3117

Quote from: EPA1337 on Jan 07, 2008, 12:42:52 AM

How long did the chestburster stage last?

EPA1337

Quote from: AWC 3117 on Jan 07, 2008, 02:20:57 AM
Quote from: EPA1337 on Jan 07, 2008, 12:42:52 AM

How long did the chestburster stage last?

It was one who level unfortunately. Which meant that we had only one level as a mature predailen which was dissapointing.

AWC 3117

Quote from: EPA1337 on Jan 07, 2008, 03:08:54 AM
It was one who level unfortunately. Which meant that we had only one level as a mature predailen which was dissapointing.

Wow, this predalien campaign does sound short! >:(

EPA1337

Quote from: AWC 3117 on Jan 07, 2008, 03:20:57 AM
Quote from: EPA1337 on Jan 07, 2008, 03:08:54 AM

Wow, this predalien campaign does sound short! >:(

Tell me about it :(.

Kimarhi

And the predalien was the only one that got to destroy stuff.

PH really needed some new locales.  The pred station is half pred, and half jockey ship.  Pod 5 is exactly like Pod 4. etc.

EPA1337

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 07, 2008, 04:31:51 AM
And the predalien was the only one that got to destroy stuff.

PH really needed some new locales.  The pred station is half pred, and half jockey ship.  Pod 5 is exactly like Pod 4. etc.

You are right with the Pred Station, but i always assumed Pod 5 was exactly the same as Pod 5 for the sake of soldiers who are being transfered between pods. If they moved to a different pod and it had a different design it would be difficult for them to find there way around.

Kimarhi

It would serve practical reasons.  But gaming is impractical.  Even bad games like Unreal II know enough not to have the same settings over and over.

PH shouldn't simply be a rehash of AvP2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed