Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 29,262 times)

RoguePred1987

i've been thinking a lot lately about how interesting it would be if they remade Concrete Jungle. Address the issues and upgrade and expand on things. that would be great.

Cosmic Incubation

A solid single-player Predator game in general would be amazing.

Nightmare Asylum

I just keep wondering if that game's "Surprise, here's some Aliens!" moment is something a Predator movie (be it Badlands or some other future entry) is going to try to pull off in the future. :laugh:

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 15, 2024, 03:28:12 PMThey should remaster Concrete Jungle for its 20 year anniversary.
A proper remake of Concrete Jungle AND another Predator centered game please!  :) 
Give it the Resident Evil 2 treatment where everything is updated to a strong standard and then either a sequel or a standalone Predator game after. As for a new game, normally I would say Rocksteady can take the helm, but after what I seen with Suicide Squad, I don't know who else is trustworthy to take a hand on a Predator game. Rather not see Illfonic touch another Predator game after that lack of support and abandonment to Hunting Grounds.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 15, 2024, 06:54:12 PMI just keep wondering if that game's "Surprise, here's some Aliens!" moment is something a Predator movie (be it Badlands or some other future entry) is going to try to pull off in the future. :laugh:

Wouldn't be against it honestly! Could be cool if handled right.

RoguePred1987

If it was done really well then it could be great. Concrete Jungle felt like a better version of what the AVP movies were trying to do, although there was still that feeling of "wait, really?".

I think we can all agree a large scale Predator game that featured full customization and that allows you to go to various planets and fight a growing list of creatures would be cool as hell. And a really great story, and......ramble ramble. We all know what we want.

David

Dr. Von Predator

Quote from: David on Mar 22, 2024, 05:49:48 PMI want some news!

To be honest, the only news I want is when it's filming, when it's done filming, and when the release date is. Everything else, I want to remain a mystery. I want to go into the new stuff as oblivious as possible and be surprised.

David

David

Quote from: Dr. Von Predator on Mar 23, 2024, 12:00:02 AM

To be honest, the only news I want is when it's filming, when it's done filming, and when the release date is. Everything else, I want to remain a mystery. I want to go into the new stuff as oblivious as possible and be surprised.
That sounds reasonable. At least a story would help.

RoguePred1987

if its really going to start filming in July, or even June, we should be hearing some casting bits pretty soon.

[cancerblack]

There's two Predator movies coming and they'll probably both be okay to pretty good. But we'll tell you first when anything more happens.

David

The word Badlands remind me alien planet in Predators.

Nightmare Asylum

Feels more like a desert/junkyard Mad Max-esque wasteland than it does the forests of the Hunting Preserve, to me.

David

David

Let's be surprised. If only it were here.

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Mar 24, 2024, 04:54:21 AMif its really going to start filming in July, or even June, we should be hearing some casting bits pretty soon.
Would we expect some famous names?

Nightmare Asylum

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed