Ultraman (the classic series)

Started by Glock 17, Jan 23, 2007, 04:33:10 AM

Author
Ultraman (the classic series) (Read 2,230 times)

Glock 17

Glock 17

Has anyone here ever seen the classic 1966 Ultraman series? I have both volumes on DVD courtesy of Golden Media group (and found them at Wal-Mart over the holidays).  The classic Ultraman set has interviews with legendary English dubbers Peter Fernandez, Corinne Orr, and the late Earle Hammond.

The audio is superior in the subtitled versions as opposed to the English dubs, but the second volume is equally good in both the dubbed and subtitled episodes.  Ultraman was the real deal folks-when Lt. Hayata popped the button on the Beta Capsule, he became Ultraman, and then some of the greatest wrestling matches of the Japanese Giant Monster Federation would take place.  Lots of fun and still holds it's weight today, and was seriously needing a DVD release.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Is this the same series that spawned the American version called Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad?

Mike’s Monsters

Ultraman is awesome... I only really liked the original series which I saw very little of... I may pick up the DVD sets of them one day.

Glock 17

Glock 17

Quote from: Mikey on Jan 23, 2007, 06:10:22 AM
Ultraman is awesome... I only really liked the original series which I saw very little of... I may pick up the DVD sets of them one day.

You can get them at this place: And you can watch a classic clip from episode 4-Ultraman VS. Neronga. Enjoy, all you rubber suit lovers ;)

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=5629

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed