Prometheus Based off of Ancient Astronaut Theory?

Started by droideggs, Dec 03, 2011, 10:58:29 PM

Author
Prometheus Based off of Ancient Astronaut Theory? (Read 45,443 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 10, 2012, 01:30:18 AM
The ancient astronaut theory is as plausible as a 'Christian God in Heaven' story. Science tells us the how but not the why. There has to be a why, matter didn't create itself. I'd like to see this explored.

The ET interventionist hypothesis has nothing to do with how matter was initially created. :)

Lovecraftian myths, however, do... Which is what the 'Alien' films have more to do with than anything else. Just not in the interdimensional sense - yet. I'd say the first 'Hellboy' film explores those themes a bit more literally, but I wouldn't be averse to a much darker, more realistic inclusion of them in 'Prometheus' - if done right.

ThisBethesdaSea

Agreed Xeno!  The exploration of the beginning of matter, who or what began it is an infinite that I love pondering even though I won't ever have the answer.

maledoro

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 10, 2012, 01:55:27 PMThe god that's taught in world religions recedes ;)
That would be all of them.

Quote from: Kol on Jan 10, 2012, 01:57:16 PMps: i never sucked erich von däniken's cock!
Phallus Dei is more like it.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 10, 2012, 04:25:12 PMAgreed Xeno!  The exploration of the beginning of matter, who or what began it is an infinite that I love pondering even though I won't ever have the answer.
There are physics books that cover this and are entertaining...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Maledoro has returned to the Alien (universe) related boards!

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 10, 2012, 04:10:47 PM
Lovecraftian myths, however, do... Which is what the 'Alien' films have more to do with than anything else. Just not in the interdimensional sense - yet. I'd say the first 'Hellboy' film explores those themes a bit more literally, but I wouldn't be averse to a much darker, more realistic inclusion of them in 'Prometheus' - if done right.
I could hug you.

Master

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 10, 2012, 09:39:39 PM
Maledoro has returned to the Alien (universe) related boards!

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 10, 2012, 04:10:47 PM
I could hug you.

What he said. I`m open for ancient ones with lots of tentacles. And I don`t care how this sounds  :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Biomechanical Tentacles.

Master

Classy dark gods are always great, biomechanical or not  ;)

Gunflyer

Quote from: Master on Jan 10, 2012, 10:04:40 PM

MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NUZZING! :o.... Dark Overlord? Howard the Duck? Classy does not belong in the same sentence as either of those things.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 10, 2012, 04:10:47 PMThe ET interventionist hypothesis has nothing to do with how matter was initially created. :)

I can live with the 'origins of life on Earth' angle, but the origins of matter itself? That's a pretty long bow to draw for a science fiction film, no matter how 'epic' it tries to be. Such ideas belong to balls-out fantasy, not science fiction, at least not of the brand that Scott created with ALIEN.

Consider how some fans reacted to the possibility of time travel in the film (an idea that I am not completely opposed to personally). The creation of matter as a purposeful act by a physical being is infinitely more ridiculous, and the fan backlash would be likely so.

-Chris

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gunflyer on Jan 11, 2012, 12:16:41 AM
MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NUZZING! :o.... Dark Overlord? Howard the Duck? Classy does not belong in the same sentence as either of those things.
Naw, the Dark Overlord is some crafty motherf**ker.

The movie is another can of worms.

Kol

http://cdn.counter-currents.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/OgdruJahad.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111025121403/lotr/images/thumb/7/7e/Sauron_hi_res.jpg/483px-Sauron_hi_res.jpg

excuse me, but these examples are not representative in comparison to the space jockey.
especially sauron isn't even an alien. and biomechanoid are none of them.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

...But Master clearly stated 'Classy dark gods are always great, biomechanical or not'.

Kol

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 11, 2012, 01:43:40 PM
...But Master clearly stated 'Classy dark gods are always great, biomechanical or not'.

my appologies, to master! i overrun sometimes post, sorry for that.
in that case: i just like the second pic.  :laugh:

droideggs

Going a bit further on the Ancient Astronaut Theory. Since the Alien franchise artwork is very similar to Ancient Egyptian art, I thought I'd share some interesting points. Now I am NOT saying that the Ancients had contact with ETs. Its most likely that ancient man was VERY advanced with their technology.

• Pyramids found in Bosnia, China, and Mexico, but mainstream anthropologists/archaeologists do not discuss this phenomenon
  • Obelisks found in city-centers of power, including the Washington D.C Monument, the obelisk at the Vatican (St. Peters Square), and in NYC (Cleopatra's Needle), and much much more.
  • Pyramid on the dollar bill
  • Political elite and their involvement with the occults (The Pyramids of Egypt was closed on 11/11/11, confirmed via mainstream press)
  • Our entire reality paradigm is predicated off a pyramidal hierarchical system, including institutions, government agencies, corporations, MNC's, etc.
  • Etymology of the word 'Amen' predates semitic texts and does not mean 'so let it be' but rather, 'to keep hidden.' It is an Egyptian word (ie: Amen-Ra, Amon, etc)
  • Mainstream UFO enthusiasts + science-fiction movies keep saying they're 'out there' when 'they' have been here on Earth for thousands of years, if not more. (<-- my personal opinion)

Master

Master

Quote from: Kol on Jan 11, 2012, 01:41:23 PM

http://cdn.counter-currents.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/OgdruJahad.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111025121403/lotr/images/thumb/7/7e/Sauron_hi_res.jpg/483px-Sauron_hi_res.jpg

excuse me, but these examples are not representative in comparison to the space jockey.
especially sauron isn't even an alien. and biomechanoid are none of them.

Quote from: Kol on Jan 11, 2012, 01:51:02 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 11, 2012, 01:43:40 PM

my appologies, to master! i overrun sometimes post, sorry for that.
in that case: i just like the second pic.  :laugh:

;) cool bro, I love second pic too!

Quote from: Gunflyer on Jan 11, 2012, 12:16:41 AM

Dark Overlord is most classy! Alien is puss when compared to Dark O  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed