Sigourney Weaver on Alien 5 – “Neill’s Fulfilling His Childhood Dream”

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2015, 07:06:05 AM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on Alien 5 – “Neill’s Fulfilling His Childhood Dream” (Read 27,584 times)

oduodu

oduodu

And why does he get to write the script ?? Why not hire a scriptwriter ??

Maybe things will change later on.

Sorry for the rant.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 26, 2015, 09:05:10 PM
Eighth passenger

So basically he is statistically the most established director to direct an Alien franchise movie. ?

Technically he would have more experience than Scott, Cameron and Fincher combined when they worked on their Alien films.

QuoteIs he a good director ??

He got an Oscar nom for D9 and won several other awards. Elysium and Chappie didn't quite reach the critically acclaimed heights of his debut effort but they still made money. No bombs yet.

oduodu

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 26, 2015, 09:15:46 PM
And why does he get to write the script ?? Why not hire a scriptwriter ??

Because he is also a script writer.

It's his weak point IMHO and I do hope he has some help with it but as a director he always makes gorgeous films.

oduodu

Corporal Hicks

" I do hope he has some help with it"

Why take a gamble on it ?? Shouldn't Fox ensure that he definitely has that help ?? Is there not a person at fox who looks at this kind of thing ?? Maybe they are just testing the water for now and perhaps as as with Ridley in Prometheus they might take decision to change things if they  are not satisfied. Just the vibes of all of this is very iffy and maybe and uncertain.

Corporal Hicks

At the end of the day we know very little at the minute. If I was Fox I would have him have help with it. Neill has commented on writing being his weakest point before so he's well aware of it.

oduodu

Oh dear I see another bad moon rising.

Hope this is not gonna be another Prometheus and then the director must take the flack.

I digress......

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't get doom and gloom about it yet. It's good he's aware of his strengths and weaknesses.

oduodu

oduodu

:) :) :) :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neill_Blomkamp

1. Blomkamp was 18 when he moved to Vancouver with his family, where he enrolled in Vancouver Film School.

2. In the late 1990s, he started working in the film industry as a 3D animator. His animation credits include Stargate SG-1 (1998), First Wave (1998), Mercy Point (1998) and Aftershock: Earthquake in New York (1999). In 2000, he garnered his first role of lead animator for the Dark Angel TV series (2000). He was the lead 3D animator for 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001)

3. Blomkamp has admitted since that the Halo pre-production was a nightmare, and relations between 20th Century Fox and Blomkamp severely disintegrated before the project's end.

Impressive . He and fox has had dealings in the past.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 27, 2015, 09:59:00 AM
Blomkamp has admitted since that the Halo pre-production was a nightmare, and relations between 20th Century Fox and Blomkamp severely disintegrated before the project's end.

Impressive . He and fox has had dealings in the past.

Yeah, I was initially surprised to hear he pitched another project to Fox. Once bitten....

But apparently his main beef was with Tom Rothman who was then the Chairman and CEO of Fox. Tom is now the CEO of Sony Pictures and Blomkamp's last three films were all Sony Pictures films so looks like he basically jumped ship with regards to studios.

It is also rumored that Tom Rothman was the person who requested that the Xenomorph be removed from Prometheus which could well be true since he apparently has a history of meddling with films.

Kel G 426

Rothman.   It's never good news when I hear his name.

oduodu

How is things with the current CEO at Fox ??

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 26, 2015, 09:14:00 PM
Correct. Well, not including the director of Alien: Resurrection, I think.

A total of two films including Delicatessen in 1991 and City of Lost Children in 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Jeunet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed