Predator: Hunting Grounds Now Available for Pre-Order! Digital Deluxe Edition, New Screenshots & More Pre-Order Incentives!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 11, 2019, 02:48:17 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Now Available for Pre-Order! Digital Deluxe Edition, New Screenshots & More Pre-Order Incentives! (Read 22,924 times)

shadowedge

After the weekend trial I did preorder the PC version. Had fun!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 06, 2020, 02:45:11 PM
May I say was pre-ordering Predator: Hunting Grounds was worth it for the dynamic theme alone?  I've been playing Doom Eternal lately on PS4 and logging in and just being greeted with the iconic Predator theme music and imagery every time has just been a joy!  :)

Still waiting over here.  :'(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 07, 2020, 12:04:11 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 06, 2020, 02:45:11 PM
May I say was pre-ordering Predator: Hunting Grounds was worth it for the dynamic theme alone?  I've been playing Doom Eternal lately on PS4 and logging in and just being greeted with the iconic Predator theme music and imagery every time has just been a joy!  :)

Still waiting over here.  :'(

Really? It's not available in the UK yet? I accessed mine the day I pre-ordered it.

Do you have access to the Predator avatars at least?

Corporal Hicks

Nah. Due to some differences in our commercial laws, we don't get access until it's out.

Voodoo Magic

Galactus123

Galactus123

I wonder if you get the 1987 skin if you pre-order physical copy? Not all sites mention it.

Kailem

Weird that a physical copy would show up so late in the UK and only on a few completely random sites.

Oh well, though my preference was physical I already went ahead and pre-ordered the digital one, so I'm just going to go ahead and get that.

Voodoo Magic

Some might find this redundant and wasteful, but having already pre-ordered the digital version, I plan on buying a physical copy as well to put on my shelf. It will be down the road though... a nice used copy or new one once it has reduced in price.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 18, 2020, 10:08:52 AM
Weird that a physical copy would show up so late in the UK and only on a few completely random sites.

Oh well, though my preference was physical I already went ahead and pre-ordered the digital one, so I'm just going to go ahead and get that.

Seemingly a primarily digital release that physical wasn't prioritized and with the current pandemic probably especially wasn't a priority in order to get this tittle out. Not only for virus carrying concerns but that not enough people would be able to access brick and mortal retail locations that it's not worth it. Probably whatever they had got picked up by those who thought they could take it while the bigger sites focused on other things.

molasar

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 18, 2020, 01:45:35 PM
Seemingly a primarily digital release that physical wasn't prioritized and with the current pandemic probably especially wasn't a priority in order to get this tittle out. Not only for virus carrying concerns but that not enough people would be able to access brick and mortal retail locations that it's not worth it. Probably whatever they had got picked up by those who thought they could take it while the bigger sites focused on other things.

So Sony knew months before what it is going to happen in Europe and only planned to provide physical copies to Germany only e.g. by Amazon.de (not a small seller)?

Anyway it is available now on Amazon.es (but not in France, Netherlands and Italy) too and at some other retailers in European countries.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: molasar on Apr 18, 2020, 02:58:33 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 18, 2020, 01:45:35 PM

So Sony knew months before what it is going to happen in Europe and only planned to provide physical copies to Germany only e.g. by Amazon.de (not a small seller)?

Anyway it is available now on Amazon.es (but not in France, Netherlands and Italy) too and at some other retailers in European countries.

I'm saying it's likely not prioritized for a retail release in the first place and with the current pandemic they have little reason to put out too many physical copies anyways. Outside of online retail at least here in the United States few locations are even open to sell it outside of larger chains that are deemed essential. I am not under any assumption Sony knew but it wouldn't be surprising if the physical copy cropped up in small quantities or on smaller sites given the current state of the world and focus on digital anyways.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 18, 2020, 12:41:22 PM
Some might find this redundant and wasteful, but having already pre-ordered the digital version, I plan on buying a physical copy as well to put on my shelf. It will be down the road though... a nice used copy or new one once it has reduced in price.

Yeah, I'm of the same frame of mind. I just want a box on my shelf.  :laugh:

bendinglight

I am disappointed that the PS4 folks get the 48 hours of double XP...where is the love for PC gamers?

molasar

Quote from: bendinglight on Apr 19, 2020, 09:35:11 PM
I am disappointed that the PS4 folks get the 48 hours of double XP...where is the love for PC gamers?

Only those who pre-ordered a deluxe edition.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed