Alien / Predator Cartography

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 04, 2024, 01:41:26 PM

Author
Alien / Predator Cartography (Read 1,522 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 08, 2024, 01:47:53 PMYeah, that corridor junction "covers" the whole ship.
One thing I always wondered, is the underwater kitchen seen before the flooding?
Is it where Ripley 8 eats with the fork?

f**k

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 08, 2024, 06:06:05 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 08, 2024, 01:47:53 PMYeah, that corridor junction "covers" the whole ship.
One thing I always wondered, is the underwater kitchen seen before the flooding?
Is it where Ripley 8 eats with the fork?

It is.
I just checked the movie again. The "fork" scene seems to be in the mess hall, with the weights and the basketball court. It's where they start off from for their long journey to The Betty. We probably don't see the kitchen before.

SM

SM

The corridor junction is part of medlab. It doesn't remotely 'cover the whole ship'.

The kitchen is not seen before its flooded.

SiL

SiL

I think they mean that one junction covers most of the major locations we seem to see in the film.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Feb 08, 2024, 08:58:41 PMI think they mean that one junction covers most of the major locations we seem to see in the film.
It's this. It seems weird given how much walking and running they do, for it to all be in one not particularly long corridor.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Yes, I meant that the film could and possibly was filmed mostly in just one corridor junction.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 08, 2024, 08:58:41 PMI think they mean that one junction covers most of the major locations we seem to see in the film.

If that's the case then yes.  Clearly.

SiL

SiL

So what, Elgyn dying until the kitchen is just them walking around this bend more or less?

SM

SM

Leaving the mess hall up to when they find Purvis.  The egg chamber and observation room aren't on the map.  About 15 minutes worth.  Plus stuff earlier before the Betty turns up and again a small portion after they leave the chapel. Think they used different lenses to make it appear longer in some scenes.

SiL

SiL

I get re-using the set as different locations, I just didn't realise such a chunk of the film is one in-story corridor.

SM

SM

It's meant to be different locations; not one in-story corridor.  Each scene - Elgyn's death, meeting Vriess at the lift, the clone room are all different parts of the script.  The only part of that 15 minutes on the map I posted is the clone storage room, which is in medlab and restricted.

Everything other than clone storage is used in the first 10 minutes.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 08, 2024, 11:51:31 PMIt's meant to be different locations; not one in-story corridor.
Does the map you drew represent one in-story corridor, or the set? I think that's where I'm most getting confused.

SM

SM

You're testing my memory a bit here.  I think I did that thing like 20 years ago.

It's one in-story corridor based on a set construction blueprint and observation - to a point.  In-story that's where clone storage, the cloning lab and operating theatre are.  I added the infirmary where Ripley strangles Wren as I think it's redress of the operating theatre. I also added the Alien cage room and observation lab based on another separate blueprint. Could probably added another room opposite the cloning lab where Perez, Wren and Gediman observe Ripley being tested with the flash cards.

It'd be probably worth a revision if there was an audience and Fox hadn't committed it to whatever canon blu-ray menus occupy.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Knowing where the docking bay is located from outside the ship, do we have a rough idea of which way they are heading inside the ship? Also, we know which way the hull is located in one (kind of stupid) scene.

SM

SM

Docking bay is midships where the 'facehugger claws' are.

The 'in front of the hull scene' is just dumb. It's nowhere near any hull.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed