Wolf (AVPR) vs. Black Super Predator (SPOILERS)

Started by Ratchetcomand, Jul 13, 2010, 03:10:22 AM

Author
Wolf (AVPR) vs. Black Super Predator (SPOILERS) (Read 80,352 times)

Dusk

When he first got smacked, that definitely looked like a bone to me. Later he picked up the axe.

SiL

I blame quick editing plus the entire movie being out of focus (Projectionist's fault, not the movie's). I thought that was bone chipping away.

...okay, anyone care to explain why Royce didn't just go for the f**ker's neck right off?

Dusk

I wondered why he always went for the damn face protected by the helmet. I would have busted that ****ers knee.

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: Sylizar on Jul 14, 2010, 08:51:25 PM
On the Katana thing. A rue Katana is capable of slicing through two pigs (as shown on Deadliest Warrior), essentially meaning that it can slice a man in half if swung correctly.
That show is bullshit.  Got anything better?

SiL

Katanas could be used to fold people - that is, cutting them almost all the way through, leaving just enough to keep them intact, then literally folding them over along the cut.

Original Predator

The fact that the movie didn't show anything too "Super" if at all other than a pack of hunting dogs and a falcon, didn't make or show them superior to the original "dog" predators.

I thought the Preds in the first two movies were actually smarter and more of a hunter mentality.  This movie did not do a good job of showing how these supposed "Super"/"Wolf" Preds hunt other than the dog scene which did nothing for them and a quick glimpse of the falcon scanning.  Otherwise, nothing impressed me or seperated these Preds from the originals.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2010, 06:42:48 AM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Jul 14, 2010, 09:34:01 AM
Keep in mind he just survived a rather large explosion. I think you're also underestimating how much force is carried through each on of those ax swings. He still managed to recover and almost kill Royce.
He recovered from having a bone smacked upside his head, not the ax.

QuoteRemember, Anytime wasn't hunting elites like Dutch's squad every time either; that was just [bad] luck.
Anytime following Dutch's team says otherwise. He was picky, otherwise he would've just gone for the guerrillas before our heroes got there.

There couldn't have been an elite special forces squad every time he came back to that same area. He likely just hunted the skilled members of the local militia/guerrilla force. When Dutch's team came by, he still could have been picking marks (like how PF picked Harrigan out from the crowd... somehow).

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 16, 2010, 09:14:31 AM
Quote from: Sylizar on Jul 14, 2010, 08:51:25 PM
On the Katana thing. A rue Katana is capable of slicing through two pigs (as shown on Deadliest Warrior), essentially meaning that it can slice a man in half if swung correctly.
That show is bullshit.  Got anything better?

Bullshit or not, it showed a katana cutting through two pigs carcasses. There isn't much BS, they're pretty accurate human analogs.

Original Predator

Honestly the Preds from the first 2 movies are much better hunters.

They would hunt better.  I get that these Preds were "stronger" but they were not good hunters.

They had better technology yes, but again that's been sacraficed for hunting.

In a one on one battle in a jungle The original Pred would win because he could hunt/stalk better.

The scene where Danny Trejo was dead but saying "help" me was a big time OBVIOUS trap.  That tells me the "Super" Preds rely way too much on technology vs. a real trap.  That "trap" was too obvious and easy to recognize, Royce damn near batted an eye at it. 

So these "Super" Preds allbeit are stronger, they aren't smarter that's for dang sure.

MadassAlex

I still don't understand why people think Pussyface was any kind of effective beyond pure martial prowess.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Because he took on a group of armed people in a close room.

Requiem28

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2010, 09:10:55 AM

...okay, anyone care to explain why Royce didn't just go for the f**ker's neck right off?

maybe he likes toying with his victims first?

CityHunter666

CityHunter666

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 16, 2010, 02:17:19 PM
I still don't understand why people think Pussyface was any kind of effective beyond pure martial prowess.

because many consider the trophy collection pussyface's collection which that is still debated, plus if you even considered watching predator 2 since you hate it, you would see that he took out the prey in small confined spaces so it was easy for him too kill the prey. The train scene and the slaughter house incident, is clearly a predator aware of how the humans technolegy is used, destroys the electric on the train so no eye witness accounts can describe the predator, simuler to how a ninja would do things, by working in shadows by killing them blind sided, it is a smart move no mater who the prey is. And the slaughter house incident changing his vision so he clearly sensed something was up.

CityHunter666

wolf was a badass, we will never know since the direction of this movie gave PPl no chance to see if the classic predator would beat wolf in a fight.

MadassAlex

And after going to those lengths to be sneaky, Pussyface often spent a lot of time standing in the open. That's dumb, even while cloaked.

His pure combat skill is all he's got going for him.

CityHunter666

CityHunter666

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 16, 2010, 04:56:03 PM
And after going to those lengths to be sneaky, Pussyface often spent a lot of time standing in the open. That's dumb, even while cloaked.

His pure combat skill is all he's got going for him.

It is a city, you also after consider the prey? now I am not being funny, how can anyone expect any predator to be sneaky all the time when the prey is there for the taken especially in tight spaces, and it was a effective move. The feds is the only reason why pussyface was a fallen predator, and the feds like I said had no intention killing him which I sense he knew that, he sees their weapons looks at his hands, what they were using to search the predator and said bingo, they are basically armless, so he goes in leather and tongs against armless prey, add their body suits were so in-mobile, pussyface was causing so much chaos and making them panic, he can kill them quiet fast, especially behind those masks. Pussyface's only mistake was not killing harrigan when he had the chance when harrigan was on the floor in their final fight, other than that the timing of his injury's harrigan got into lucky situations. Pussyface seemed more like a young ninja trapping its prey and working in shadows, by quickly taking out the prey, the train incident, the apartment scene, the death of king willie, and slaughter house scenes shows that.

has for wolf, the stick wolf gets baffles me, he owned this movie, his inventive of skills weapons his ability to track the prey, and wolfs first 10 minute period is the best 10 minutes of any predator, even higher than anytime's owning dutch. So my money hard to know if wolf would win, but, with wolf fresh firing on all cylinders, and his death toll of aliens. I would put my cash on wolf since he is established has an elite predator no matter what PPl say.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed