Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 143,338 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Biz on May 10, 2008, 01:06:25 AM
Quote from: marrerom on May 05, 2008, 11:36:46 PM
this is website is pred fanboy central. 

This should be a poll itself. Alien or Predator. I guarantee it is Alien... more than double.... Or Alien fans just cry louder ;)

It's actually Predator

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 10, 2008, 01:10:55 AM

This should be a poll itself. Alien or Predator. I guarantee it is Alien... more than double.... Or Alien fans just cry louder ;)

It's actually Predator

When comparing the creatures the alien will always lose because people identify more with the predator (the BS are correct with this one).  They want to be a predator because he is a powerful creature that has technology and a sense of morality (similar to humans).

But if you made a poll about which movie series is better than I bet that the Alien series would win.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: gameoverman on May 10, 2008, 04:58:42 AM

It's actually Predator

When comparing the creatures the alien will always lose because people identify more with the predator (the BS are correct with this one).  They want to be a predator because he is a powerful creature that has technology and a sense of morality (similar to humans).

But if you made a poll about which movie series is better than I bet that the Alien series would win.

Here's a little fun fact: The Alien series is a better film series than the Predator series. This, is a fact.

Trust me, I used to be a Predator fanboy, than I finally came to my senses. It's just the truth. There's nothing complex about it. It's the better film series. :)

SiL

SiL

Look, I don't care how objective you think that is. You just know that's gonna get people pissed and flaming. Totally unnecessary.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2008, 06:07:30 AM
Look, I don't care how objective you think that is. You just know that's gonna get people pissed and flaming. Totally unnecessary.

I'm not looking at this from a fanboy perspective. I love watching films and analyzing their aspects when I get the chance. It's a much more quality series. Trust me, there's been worse on this site. I won't point fingers though.

Remember, from a total film-fan point of view.

People shouldn't piss and flame in the first place, anyway. Ya don't like what I said, grab a box of tissues.

Tender Branson

Tender Branson

QuoteI'm not looking at this from a fanboy perspective.

Exactly, I might be flamed for this, but from an unbiased perspective (non-fan/boy) on both series the Alien one has much more to offer.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 10, 2008, 06:10:16 AM
I'm not looking at this from a fanboy perspective.
I didn't say you were. I'm just saying you know people are going to take issue with that, and it was totally unnecessary. And just because someone's posted worse flame bait doesn't excuse you.

rycher

rycher

Alien Res, A: because im an alien based fan. B: It has a stronger story line. and C: cant beat an original series of movies. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 10, 2008, 06:06:05 AM

It's actually Predator

Here's a little fun fact: The Alien series is a better film series than the Predator series. This, is a fact.

Trust me, I used to be a Predator fanboy, than I finally came to my senses. It's just the truth. There's nothing complex about it. It's the better film series. :)

It's a fact b/c you said so. Ok. Gotcha. ::)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

A fan can like whatever series he wants.

However, if one were to look at the two individual series from a filmmaking and artistic perspective, the Alien series is clearly better.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 10, 2008, 06:06:05 AM

It's actually Predator

That call a opinion not a fact  ;).

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

I'd say the Alien series is obviously better. I prefer the predator as a creature, but there's a reason why Alien and Aliens are mentioned as some as the best films of the genre/ever, while Predator 2 is basically never talked about by anyone who isn't on this forum.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 10, 2008, 04:30:45 PM

However, if one were to look at the two individual series from a filmmaking and artistic perspective, the Alien series is clearly better.

This is what I'm trying to say, now if some people weren't so dense they could realize that.

frenchpred

frenchpred

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 10, 2008, 04:30:45 PM

Nobody can compare the  alien and the Predator serie because basically they're not the same kind of movies.Both involve aliens species but that's not enough.

At that point you can just tell your opinion.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 10, 2008, 08:43:28 PM
This is what I'm trying to say, now if some people weren't so dense they could realize that.
I get exactly what you're trying to say. I also get you're an idiot for saying it in a place where Johnny Handsome and French Pred post.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed