How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,296 times)

Ballzanya

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:12:09 PM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 08:09:31 PM
Then you haven't read the old thread enough. And being that Lambert is well and truly dead, I doubt it used her to reproduce. So can we please stop trying to retcon Alien for this shitty idea and move on to more pressing matters, like the colour of Wolf's crotch?

The Ox was dead in Alien 3. Alien's don't necessarily need live hosts to be incubated. That being said, it's never shown clearly whether Lambert's dead or not, she could be unconscious for all we know.

The ox wasn't dead before the facehugger attached itself to it, it most likely died afterwards, and the alien inside was developed enough that the death of its host/ox didn't make a difference. Its been established that if you kill the host early on in the chestbursters development it will die, but if its almost ready to burst out anyway and survive independently of the host, killing the host will not kill it.

The blood dripping from her leg, and the fact that she was hanging lifelessly with a pool of blood below her, indicate the intentions are she is dead. The tail obvioulsy impaled or shredded her in some way, and even if the tail literally went up her pussy, its still not literal rape, since there is no semen and no way to reproduce that way anymore than shoving a knife up there could result in impregnation. (sorry for the gross visuals, for those of you with vivid imaginations, but the point had to be made)

SiL

The Ox was dead in Alien 3.
But it was alive when it was impregnated, and just keeled over later; the Alien killed Lambert during whatever it was it was going, which isn't exactly condusive to a parasitic organism's growth.

QuoteThat being said, it's never shown clearly whether Lambert's dead or not, she could be unconscious for all we know.
Yes, I'm sure Ripley would've left Lambert hanging there if she just had a cut on her bare legs to explain the blood, swinging by her coat jacket.

Plokoon111

Hey yuo willl never know whats in the aliens tail.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:17:54 PM
The tail obvioulsy impaled or shredded her in some way, and even if the tail literally went up her pussy, its still not literal rape, since there is no semen and no way to reproduce that way anymore than shoving a knife up there could result in impregnation. (sorry for the gross visuals, for those of you with vivid imaginations, but the point had to be made)

There doesn't have to be semen for it to be rape. Any unwanted sexual intercourse is rape, whether penis or Alien tail. :P

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 08:18:39 PM
QuoteThat being said, it's never shown clearly whether Lambert's dead or not, she could be unconscious for all we know.
Yes, I'm sure Ripley would've left Lambert hanging there if she just had a cut on her bare legs to explain the blood, swinging by her coat jacket.

I'm not disputing that she looks dead, but giving the varied and marvelous abilities that Aliens possess it would not be unimaginable to think it may have brutally raped her, leaving her hanging, impregnated.

But to be honest, I find myself wondering why I have been put in the situation where I am struggling to find evidence to support this theory... :-\

Ballzanya

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 21, 2007, 08:20:53 PM
The tail obvioulsy impaled or shredded her in some way, and even if the tail literally went up her pussy, its still not literal rape, since there is no semen and no way to reproduce that way anymore than shoving a knife up there could result in impregnation. (sorry for the gross visuals, for those of you with vivid imaginations, but the point had to be made)

There doesn't have to be semen for it to be rape. Any unwanted sexual intercourse is rape, whether penis or Alien tail. :P

well, I stand corrected it could be rape in that sense, but for the sake of this argument which was about there being more aliens produced as a result, the point remains that such a thing is not a possibility. The aliens are not sexual in a biological sense, although giger's designs are and what the facehugger does has sexual overtones. There is no penis on the alien suit in any film, not even the lesser ones. The newborn had its genitals digitally removed. lol.
So there is no possible way for an alien to reproduce sexually. That is all I'm saying.

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 08:18:39 PM
The Ox was dead in Alien 3.
But it was alive when it was impregnated, and just keeled over later; the Alien killed Lambert during whatever it was it was going, which isn't exactly condusive to a parasitic organism's growth.

Especially considering the fact that she was hesitant to kill dallas even in the shape he was in. So it must have been painfully obvious that she was dead.

Gates

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:23:24 PM
But to be honest, I find myself wondering why I have been put in the situation where I am struggling to find evidence to support this theory... :-\

My fault! Sorry... ;D

Aeus

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:23:34 PM

well, I stand corrected it could be rape in that sense, but for the sake of this argument which was about there being more aliens produced as a result, the point remains that such a thing is not a possibility. The aliens are not sexual in a biological sense, although giger's designs are and what the facehugger does has sexual overtones. There is no penis on the alien suit in any film, not even the lesser ones. The newborn had its genitals digitally removed. lol.
So there is no possible way for an alien to reproduce sexually. That is all I'm saying.

Have you seen the Alien's tongue? If that's not a big, semen covered penis innuendo then I don't know what is!  :D

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 08:26:28 PM

My fault! Sorry... ;D

:D

Ballzanya

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:28:46 PM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:23:34 PM

Have you seen the Alien's tongue? If that's not a big, semen covered penis innuendo then I don't know what is!  :D

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 08:26:28 PM

My fault! Sorry... ;D

:D

I am well aware of the sexual overtones to giger's designs, I even mentioned such a thing. But that however doesn't mean the aliens have penises. They are not male or female in any biological way in regards to reproduction, the queen is only a "She" because of the hormones and the fact that she lays eggs. An inner jaw looking like a penis dripping with semen(cringe :-[), does not mean it is one. There is no penis extending from inbetween the aliens legs, jsut take a look at pictures of the suits.

Aeus

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:32:21 PM
I am well aware of the sexual overtones to giger's designs, I even mentioned such a thing. But that however doesn't mean the aliens have penises. They are not male or female in any biological way in regards to reproduction, the queen is only a "She" because of the hormones and the fact that she lays eggs. An inner jaw looking like a penis dripping with semen(cringe :-[), does not mean it is one.

I know it doesn't mean it is one, but I don't know if it doesn't mean it isn't one... ;)

Ballzanya

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:33:54 PM
I am well aware of the sexual overtones to giger's designs, I even mentioned such a thing. But that however doesn't mean the aliens have penises. They are not male or female in any biological way in regards to reproduction, the queen is only a "She" because of the hormones and the fact that she lays eggs. An inner jaw looking like a penis dripping with semen(cringe :-[), does not mean it is one.

I know it doesn't mean it is one, but I don't know if it doesn't mean it isn't one... ;)

wtf? (no not said in sheriff morales voice in case your wondering)

gameoverman

Then you haven't read the old thread enough. And being that Lambert is well and truly dead, I doubt it used her to reproduce. So can we please stop trying to retcon Alien for this shitty idea and move on to more pressing matters, like the colour of Wolf's crotch?

The alien killed Brett, and yet still egg morphed him.

Aeus

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 08:35:27 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:33:54 PM

wtf? (no not said in sheriff morales voice in case your wondering)

What I'm saying is:

There is no evidence to suggest it is a penis or whatever, but there is no evidence to suggest it isn't.

As SiL said in an earlier thread "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Ballzanya

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 21, 2007, 08:38:54 PM

The alien killed Brett, and yet still egg morphed him.

yeah egg-morphed him, not raped him in order to impregnate him in some way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed