How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,292 times)

$cHm0cK

Books != Canon

And like i said ... no one said it! So how can you say "that is what was intended" ... you think it was so .. but it is not fact!

greetz

Predalienslayer

Did it ever occur to any of you, that a pre-Queen regurgitates into a victim's mouth, and THAT is what causes the victim to egg-morph? THAT is what the alien on the Nostromo did to Dallas.

And THAT is what we will maybe, just maybe, see in AvP-R ;)

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: $cHm0cK on Nov 21, 2007, 04:53:48 PM
Books != Canon

And like i said ... no one said it! So how can you say "that is what was intended" ... you think it was so .. but it is not fact!

greetz

That's like saying that David Fincher intended Bishop II to be human, but we don't know for sure. If it is what the director intended, just because it isn't made 100 % clear doesn't mean it isn't fact.

$cHm0cK

From where you want to know that Scott intended that scene to be egg morphing?

;)

greetz

Xenomorphine

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 21, 2007, 10:17:23 AM
Problem is, egg morphing to produce a queen isn't canon either.

Colin stated above that he considers all the extended versions of the films on DVD as canon. That includes the cocoon scene.

Quote from: $cHm0cK on Nov 21, 2007, 04:46:13 PM
NO ONE, even not Scott self said this was egg morphing.
So from where you all getting this crap? Dont say it looked like egg morphing and it is obviously .. .its not! Because looking like egg morphing != actually egg morphing.

You're wrong. Scott said it. Giger said it - as does his book, too. The production artwork and scripts say it.

Everyone on the production, with anything to do with it, said it was.

QuoteAliens nature is to building nests. This one on Nostromo did it ... Dallas etc. were part of it.

(1) Dallas wouldn't be in such pain if it was merely cocoon material. Something is phsyically inside him.
(2) Ripley knew that, damn well. Hence why she bathed him in flame, instead of simply removing the guy.
(3) How can you seriously say Brett doesn't look like an egg? That isn't just resin put on him. That corpse has physically transformed. Look at Dallas, below the waist. He's beginning to undergo that same process.

Aeus

It was always Scott's intention for the Alien to have impregnated/infected Lambert with an Alien after whatever it did to her.

He says in the commentary seconds after that scene:

"Whatever happended, there would have been more Aliens on that ship."

Now we know how. I don't see much of a problem there.

Porkus Maximus

If you can't put 2 and 2 together from watching the directors cut of alien you are either extremely dense or making a piss poor attempt to play devils advocate.

$cHm0cK

Well .. fine but why are bitching about AvPr and the reproduction? Maybe it makes sense for one single Drone to morph victims into eggs ... but for a pre queen? Not really .. Fact is, that we dont know much about the plot here ... it could be that first chet see that wolf is bashing her drones ... and she need more of them what makes her to lay some aliens into people (because morphing would be take to much time) instead of waiting to grow and lay eggs in the normal way ... we dont know .. so plz wait until the movie comes ...

greetz

Robotpo

Quote from: gases on Nov 21, 2007, 07:29:16 AM
is the queen face hugger thing canon? How did queen get in aliens?
if not whats the problem with a dominant warrior molting into a queen, makes more sense to me.

Yes, the super-hugger is cannon; however, there's no evidence to suggest that the Newt's father was the one that spawned the queen, as he's obviously impregnated by a regular hugger. Is this what you're getting at?

SiL

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 05:31:15 PM
Scott always said that he wanted people to think it was in the cat, and now that Parker and Lambert gone and Brett and Dallas missing, it was possible the Alien had found some way of making more Aliens - That's the fear he wanted to give the audience.

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 07:57:54 PM
Scott always said that he wanted people to think it was in the cat, and now that Parker and Lambert gone and Brett and Dallas missing, it was possible the Alien had found some way of making more Aliens - That's the fear he wanted to give the audience.

Fair. All I'm saying is, is that because of that it's not to much to think that the Alien could have used this new method to impregnate Lambert.

I still fail to see how it contradicts canon.

SiL

Then you haven't read the old thread enough. And being that Lambert is well and truly dead, I doubt it used her to reproduce. So can we please stop trying to retcon Alien for this shitty idea and move on to more pressing matters, like the colour of Wolf's crotch?

Ballzanya

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 21, 2007, 08:07:16 PM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 07:57:54 PM

Fair. All I'm saying is, is that because of that it's not to much to think that the Alien could have used this new method to impregnate Lambert.

I still fail to see how it contradicts canon.

well lambert was dead as a door nail, so I don't see how some process aside from egg-morphing could even work, as any kind of embryo an alien could theoretical have would need a living host. It was just ridley scott using the terror of what then was an unknown life cycle. Since the audience didn't know everything yet, they really could have thought there was an alien in the cat or that somehow lambert was "raped" in some way.
In reality none of those things were possible and the only intended reproductive method at that time was the egg morphing, and it was cut from the theatrical cut, so ignoring egg-morphing is acceptable, but it doesn't mean if it was used in a future film it can be done in a way that would contradict how it was done in the director's cut.

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 08:09:31 PM
Then you haven't read the old thread enough. And being that Lambert is well and truly dead, I doubt it used her to reproduce. So can we please stop trying to retcon Alien for this shitty idea and move on to more pressing matters, like the colour of Wolf's crotch?

The Ox was dead in Alien 3. Alien's don't necessarily need live hosts to be incubated. That being said, it's never shown clearly whether Lambert's dead or not, she could be unconscious for all we know.

That Yellow Alien

They need live hosts. I always imagined that the ox was alive for most of the gestation period, but than died towards the end. The facehugger didn't facehug a dead ox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed