How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,290 times)

Xhan

QuoteWe've seen what born queens do in A:R, but what does a lone alpha Alien do to reproduce?

Scott's answer was rather definitive. and much creepier than face f**king.

Xhan

QuoteOnly movies are cannon.

*visible cringe*

gameoverman

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 21, 2007, 09:53:14 AM

QuoteWe've seen what born queens do in A:R, but what does a lone alpha Alien do to reproduce?

Scott's answer was rather definitive. and much creepier than face f**king.

Problem is, egg morphing to produce a queen isn't canon either.

gases

hope you guys don't see the movie. It will be vindicate your contempt for the film and will show your not just whiny sluts. Why didn't they make it predalien queen from the burst? Probably because if it laid eggs what type of aliens are gonna hatch? there'd be a new shit storm, and even if it made sense to us the public would be asking "wtf no pred babies?"
Nothing we can do anyway, i guess bitching is it. 

Clydewyman

Quote from: gases on Nov 21, 2007, 11:46:17 AM
hope you guys don't see the movie. It will be vindicate your contempt for the film and will show your not just whiny sluts. Why didn't they make it predalien queen from the burst? Probably because if it laid eggs what type of aliens are gonna hatch? there'd be a new shit storm, and even if it made sense to us the public would be asking "wtf no pred babies?"
Nothing we can do anyway, i guess bitching is it. 

I had to agree. I like first Alien vs. Predator movie but whiny bitches call me a moron for that, I mean come on everyone has their fair share of opinions and interests. What, they think everyone must have the same rotten mindset like theirs? Why can't they follow their own way instead of expecting people to tuck on to their pockets and follow what they do? Sheesh, I guess people like these should grow up instead.

Like I've said, the first Alien vs. Predator movie is a good movie in my personal opinion. Except the fact that fans might complain about Paul Anderson for the following:

1.Some elements not being faithful to the comics and video games (reasonable argument, I can accept that)
2. No violence, gore and sex (If you are watching the movie just to watch these three, then I'm sorry. You are not a true Alien and Predator fan, suggest you join the sex club instead. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a fair share of blood and gore in films but as far as watching movie just to see violence is concerned, that's not my idea of enjoying a movie)

Hey, the Alien vs. Predator: Requiem is coming out this Christmas. So why not we see the full movie then we pass judgment on it, wouldn't that be fair to the Strause Brothers, Ian Whyte, Tom Woodruff Jr. and the other producing team?

gameoverman

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Nov 21, 2007, 12:09:04 PM
1.Some elements not being faithful to the comics and video games (reasonable argument, I can accept that)

People are complaining it isn't faithful to the movies, not comics and video games.

Quote2. No violence, gore and sex (If you are watching the movie just to watch these three, then I'm sorry. You are not a true Alien and Predator fan, suggest you join the sex club instead. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a fair share of blood and gore in films but as far as watching movie just to see violence is concerned, that's not my idea of enjoying a movie)

No smart person here wants sex in an Alien or Predator movie.  Not excessive violence either.  Just a movie that stays true to the roots of the franchise, not a dumbed down kids movie.

gases

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 21, 2007, 01:20:03 PM
Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Nov 21, 2007, 12:09:04 PM

People are complaining it isn't faithful to the movies, not comics and video games.

Quote2. No violence, gore and sex (If you are watching the movie just to watch these three, then I'm sorry. You are not a true Alien and Predator fan, suggest you join the sex club instead. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a fair share of blood and gore in films but as far as watching movie just to see violence is concerned, that's not my idea of enjoying a movie)

No smart person here wants sex in an Alien or Predator movie.  Not excessive violence either.  Just a movie that stays true to the roots of the franchise, not a dumbed down kids movie.

REGARDLESS, people are still complaining and acting like everyone should hate the movie because they can pick their own personal and interpretive flaws. Don't f**king see the movie if you like to pick the shit out of a trailer. If that will make you feel better.

back to the roots means for me: R rating, dark and gloomy, good preds, lots of action, great fights with aliens. Yet still giving me something new. Not everything is going to be perfect, but do you seriously think they're not trying their best? Some things you are rightly pissed off about happens to all movies, i.e bias or scenes filmed differently as you wanted. We still get to see the monsters on screen. I mean jesus its like you guys don't even care, or don't want to see them from the negativity.
Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 09:26:22 AM
Chet started looking Queenish immediately. The first Alien didn't. Add to this the Bros are very definite about the fact that it's a drone moulting.

I never liked the idea of only ignoring certain films, but at this point I'm really, really for the idea of just ignoring the AvP films altogether and leaving its bullshit to rot in its own bile.

like that.

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2007, 09:26:22 AM
Chet started looking Queenish immediately. The first Alien didn't. Add to this the Bros are very definite about the fact that it's a drone moulting.

I never liked the idea of only ignoring certain films, but at this point I'm really, really for the idea of just ignoring the AvP films altogether and leaving its bullshit to rot in its own bile.

Does this mean you're finally going to stop bitching?
Wow!
Seems like somebody finally GETS it... ;)

And come on people, it's fun speculating but until we SEE the movie, we'll know exactly what's going on...

That Yellow Alien

Well, I already consider the AVP series to be separate from the Alien series because the Nostromo was the first time humans have ever had contact with the Alien, not in a stinky pyramid on Earth.

happypred

First of all this is a predalien queen we're talking about...so it doesn't violate anything set out in the original films.

For all we know this regurgitation method (which in all likelihood could involve a tube down the victim's mouth rather than literal vomiting) could be a secondary method of reproduction. Someone brought up the argument that it doesn't make sense for the secondary method to be more efficient than the primary method.

Well we had a little debate which fizzled out...

But despite the new regurgitation method being more direct and "arguably" faster, there are some major advantages the old egg-laying method has over the new regurgitation method that could explain why egg-laying is the primary method of reproducution

Given that molting is rejected as non-canon, reproducing via eggs is a better insurance policy for the survival of the hive...if disaster hits and the queen dies, well there are still eggs that could potentially yield new queens, whereas if the queen does all the reproduction directly, the hive is solely dependent upon the queen

Johnny Handsome

Quotebecause the Nostromo was the first time humans have ever had contact with the Alien, not in a stinky pyramid on Earth.
Why ash´s speak about the alien then, and the mission to bring it back?

Porkus Maximus

QuoteWhy ash´s speak about the alien then, and the mission to bring it back?

It is not clear at what point he is given that order.  The Nostromo wakes the crew up to investigate the beacon, all info is sent back to WY via "the network" however there is no indication of how much the company really knows.  The fact that they put Ash on the ship in the first place suggests they know of the beacons existence but there's nothing to suggest that they specifically know of the alien organism.  The special order could have been given to Ash once he reported Kane's attack, since he was in constant communication with WY.

The alien is clearly very precious to WY and I don't think they'd have sent a bunch of space truckers to pick it up if they'd have had solid inteligence on it.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 21, 2007, 03:43:21 PM
Quotebecause the Nostromo was the first time humans have ever had contact with the Alien, not in a stinky pyramid on Earth.
Why ash´s speak about the alien then, and the mission to bring it back?

You are saying that is if the writers of Alien wrote that to connect it to AVP. Clearly the company knew something and put Ash on the Nostromo to bring it back, but Earth was not the first encounter. I always imagined that the company simply found evidence of it and wanted it, hence the placement of Ash.

To think that its supposed to be an Alien organism, yet mankinds' first encounter with it is on Earth is lame.

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

Well .. finally i reached the end ...

It's very funny how People bitching about this "new" reproduction thing and stating this "egg morphing" as canon. Very funny ... NO ONE, even not Scott self said this was egg morphing.
So from where you all getting this crap? Dont say it looked like egg morphing and it is obviously .. .its not! Because looking like egg morphing != actually egg morphing.

Aliens nature is to building nests. This one on Nostromo did it ... Dallas etc. were part of it.

Sorry but its just redicilous how you all think, you know that it WAS really egg morphing. Bullshit .. it is not sure! It is all in our imagination what it could be and what not ... i dont understand how you can even think it was when it isnt sure, a Queen was actually in Scotts mind? Cameron introduced her .. not Scott!

So DONT state this egg morphing as fact without background knowledge ...

greetz

That Yellow Alien

Although I haven't read it, egg morphing is mentioned in one of the Alien books, either Giger's or O'Bannon's. It isn't just made up, that is what was intended.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed