Your experiences with Hot Toys and NECA

Started by predator2rules, Apr 25, 2018, 03:06:45 AM

Author
Your experiences with Hot Toys and NECA (Read 954 times)

predator2rules

Just want to get some opinions on people's very first experiences/reactions to either Hot toys and NECA. My first experience was with Hot toys and the Jungle Hunter in 2009. On the internet it looked great then when I got it I was like Oh. It was just a horrible figure. sorry to those that liked it but it just looked cheap and shit, horrible inaccuracies. He face sculpt was good but the rest nah. Then my first experience with NECA was in 2011 was the 3 Jungle Hunters. Huge, accurate, GREAT.

windebieste

I've never owned any Hot Toys figures.   They're hard to come by in Australia.  NECA stuff, on the other hand is easy.  What's more, the NECA stuff is substantially cheaper as it's sold in huge volume.  NECA have some great stuff - it's not perfect but for the price point it's more than acceptable. 

I've had a couple of figures that had some QA issues.  Not many out of the ones I've bought.  I remind myself these are essentially glorified toys at a decent price point and the quality is generally pretty good. 

More NECA stuff is welcome in my life.  I do like it.  I understand some people want perfection but really, for the amount of detail, articulation and generally good quality on offer, NECA got it all wrapped up for around US$25. Not bad; and aimed at a mass market helps to keep the price reasonable.

-Windebieste.

Highland

Highland

Depends what you're after, I collected both for a while. For me the Neca's look more impressive in a display and are cheaper. Hot Toys are extremely detailed and high quality, but they aint worth $400 and where do you stop. I think the Hot Toys would look cool if you went for a line and stuck to it. Like for example I always thought a great display would be Vadar with about 3-4 Storm troopers either side ( but who the hell can afford 8 Storm troopers). Maybe even a Jabba's palace display or the Avengers Team.

The problem I found with Hot Toys is you open a Pandora's box and just start getting anything, so I sold all mine. The only one's I wish I kept are 1989 Batman and Christopher Reeve Superman.

NECA's humans aint that flash, but the Predators are spot on ( I have the City Hunter) and the 1990 Turtles are unbelievable. Really top quality. I've got them in my man cave in my 80's style display.

In short the Hot Toys are a bit too over priced. You start getting into Premium format statue prices.

Elmazalman

I'm very happy with my NECA 1/4 scale 2015 original Alien. My favourite sculpt of the creature yet.

Never had any of the Hot Toys products.

skull-splitter

I only have three predators, boxed one back up (2009 jungle hunter I believe) and it is for sale in theory.

Do like them and I have another BvS Batman which cost me more than I would've liked.

Other than that, I mostly have NECA predators for the sheer amount of detail they have and considered how portable they are, they're good.

So I'd say just buy what you are comfortable with.

Morose

I had two hot toys aliens. The big chap and dog alien. The big chap was inaccurate to the one in the film, in addition it had a problem with the skull. The dog alien was nice, however the tail was inaccurate to the film.

The main issue with hot toys aliens is that they don't last. Like the suits used for the film, the paint and rubber seem to follow off or deteriorate over time. It's kinda sad.

I remember when I was a kid and I got the hot toys dog alien. I LOVED that alien. But sadly the paint and plastic started to deteriorate over time. In addition it seemed like the figure had some joint problems on one arm.

Overall I think if you want to get an detailed alien stuff you should get NECA or sideshow. But be warned these guys have problems too. Every time I get a NECA alien I have to spend ours heating and bending the legs to be straight. Also I usually have to repaint the teeth and gums because they come a mess

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed