Alien 3/Resurrection "plot hole"

Started by razeak, Feb 16, 2024, 03:19:54 AM

Author
Alien 3/Resurrection "plot hole" (Read 1,676 times)

BigDaddyJohn

The Queen's very athletic, what can I tell ya.

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 04:37:30 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 17, 2024, 12:57:26 PMThe movie starts out very good. I like the dream-like atmosphere it creates. But a big issue the film has (apart from the goofiness) is that the sense of urgency dies and people just start loligaging around and making wisecracks. I do wish they threw whedon's work in the bin, honestly, because most other aspects of the film is ok when you think about it.

I agree, the film works till Charles Dance dies. Then we get monologues and speeches.. this is not Masterpiece Theater. XD :D 

Pretty sure they are talking Resurrection as Whedon is quoted. Charles Dance isn't in that movie!

Eal

Eal

Quote from: razeak on Feb 16, 2024, 03:19:54 AMThere were chunks of alien all over the lead works. I guess they wanted the queen, but if they are cloning the Alien left plenty of genetic material. There was also a facehugger or two. Hell,  the Sulaco has eggs on it. Screw AR. Lol.

Also, my 6 year old was not pleased with Alien 3. Very sad "Rippee" died.

My parents didn't want show me Alien 3, despite having watched Alien and Aliens. Despite my begging and the poster 'looking cool'. I never understood why.

Until I finally watched the first 20-30 minutes with parents present at age 9 or 10 and bawled and left the room after. My mom was just like "Yeah, this is kind of why..."

I love it now of course, but holy hell are the first 30 minutes a gut punch if you've never seen it.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Jonjamess on Mar 26, 2024, 04:51:41 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 17, 2024, 12:57:26 PMThe movie starts out very good. I like the dream-like atmosphere it creates. But a big issue the film has (apart from the goofiness) is that the sense of urgency dies and people just start loligaging around and making wisecracks. I do wish they threw whedon's work in the bin, honestly, because most other aspects of the film is ok when you think about it.

I agree, the film works till Charles Dance dies. Then we get monologues and speeches.. this is not Masterpiece Theater. XD :D 

Pretty sure they are talking Resurrection as Whedon is quoted. Charles Dance isn't in that movie!

Oopsie. I thought they were talking Alien3, but I see goofiness, yeah that's Resurrection.

SM

SM

We get those before he dies too.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 26, 2024, 09:21:51 PM

We get those before he dies too b

But the requiem sermon for Newt and Hicks is good, and how it is cut with the Runner Alien birthing; Ripley's nose bleeds and then the dog or ox tares open with blood, great shot!

BigDaddyJohn

One of my favourite scenes in the whole franchise.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 26, 2024, 10:49:55 PMOne of my favourite scenes in the whole franchise.

Mine too. It felt so Giger worthy. Alien3 really just needs a new edit to be better.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I never had a problem with Alien 3.  I think its the only film that ever grew on me in the franchise to like it even more as the series aged. 

When I was a kid it was Aliens-Alien-Alien 3

Then it became Alien-Aliens/Alien3.  I like it just as well as the second movie, which I think has aged the worst out of the three.  It's still great.  I just don't think it's as great as I once thought it was. 

Alien Res was always too goofy for me.  That has been my one consistent problem since I saw it in theaters in 97.  Wasn't serious enough. 

I remember SciFi had an edit of it back when tv couldn't show all the gore or have all the cussing and it was so much better without all the awkward Perez pulls his brain out and looks at it moments. 

Oddly enough, I've still seen Resurrection more times than I've seen most other movies from other franchises.

BigDaddyJohn

Alien 3 was the first alien movie I saw entirely. Before that there was the first half of Aliens.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 26, 2024, 04:48:48 PMThe Queen's very athletic, what can I tell ya.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed