RoboCop (Rogue City)

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jul 08, 2022, 01:14:53 PM

Author
RoboCop (Rogue City) (Read 3,219 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Wweyland

Wweyland

Looks great and has a lot of potential, it's from the makers of Terminator: Resistance.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 11, 2022, 10:02:47 PMLooks great and has a lot of potential, it's from the makers of Terminator: Resistance.
Terminator Resistance owns, so that's a great sign.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But I've never played Terminator Resistance!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 12, 2022, 12:34:07 AMBut I've never played Terminator Resistance!
Do it!

It's like a love letter to the old school Terminator Future Shock games, lots of exploration and scavenging, some stealth, a great progression system where enemies start out scary and you gradually get stronger and more equipped and more capable, some great setpiece battles, great soundtrack, awesome atmosphere and sound design, if you like Terminator it is extremely worth playing.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

New hands on preview:

Wweyland

Wweyland

One of my most anticipated games, if it's as good as Resistance I will not be disappointed.

Stitch

Stitch

Terminator was a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to seeing how this does.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jun 06, 2023, 02:57:15 AMNew hands on preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svObtEUhXLU

Well I'll be darned. I'll buy that for a dollar!

Wweyland

Wweyland

This has been now delayed to November. I'm a bit glad actually as the must-play games have piled up recently.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 11, 2023, 09:38:30 AMThis has been now delayed to November. I'm a bit glad actually as the must-play games have piled up recently.
That's good. Smart of them to delay to fix the prerelease bugs rather than release to bad press and patch after the fact.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 11, 2023, 10:40:01 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 11, 2023, 09:38:30 AMThis has been now delayed to November. I'm a bit glad actually as the must-play games have piled up recently.
That's good. Smart of them to delay to fix the prerelease bugs rather than release to bad press and patch after the fact.
Agreed. Their Terminator game and it's DLC-s were also always released in November.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

https://youtu.be/LJiXx_GSjMo?si=yP0NaEAP8xw5NNBH&t=871

I found this moderately entertaining. Graphically cool. But mechanically a little on the slim side and not the experience I thought it was.
I qued up the spot in the video,  part where the hostage is kneeling with a gun to her head by a thug. Robocop comes in shoots in slow motion once in the stomach then in the arm, bloody spattering to the point you can't see him. You'd suspect he'd be down but then he just keeps standing and continues to shoot the hostage. WTF?
Robocop is a tank but the thugs themselves take enough like a bullet sponge to knock me out of buying this.
I remember RoboCop in the movies as a calculated tank making every shot count! Shot in the hand, shot in the kneecap, shot in the pelvis!  I would have expected the same moves in the game. This feels more like a multiplayer game where everyone needs to be 'balanced'.  The devs should be ashamed of themselves of this Close Beta.They should update it soon and    I would like to see new trailers for gameplay before a make a decision to buy this.

But I don't want to you to over see the rest of the game. The acting is decent and enough to attract me to the underlying story. I really want this game to succeed but not with this 'ammo spray' routine. Graphically I've never seen details like this in anything but Unreal Engine developer demos. So you can tell they used a lot of tricks to make this game as realistic as possible.

Stitch

Stitch

From what I know, enemies aren't bullet sponges, and as long as the developers have fixed the bugs, this is going to be a really good game. Really make you feel like Robo, with a storyline and side quests that feel like they could have been taken from the movies.

I'm really looking forward to release.

Wweyland

Wweyland

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed