PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Started by Space Sweeper, Feb 21, 2013, 11:58:53 AM

Author
PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread (Read 66,370 times)

WinterActual

Well, it isn't for the guys who sit on their coach in front of the TV to play for 1-2 hours. But its very noticeable for everybody who's making benchmarks on CPU/GPUs etc, reading comparison tests or for every tech junkie if you wish  :laugh: The guys who made the vid said the benchmark is running on last year PC so the PS4 hardware is not even comparable to present day high end rig. Which is pretty funny because they call it a "next gen" console  :o You see, they are promoting a NEXT gen console which can't run a simple DoF and other effects which run fine on already dated (but not bad) PC hardware. Its very wrong move by SONY to use such low end hardware, imo.

scarhunter92

I honestly think gens don't apply to PC anymore.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 04, 2013, 11:52:16 AM
Rofl, yeah so its confirmed that PS4 is already dated even before its launch  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtfCWYjOsvI#ws

So? This is how it will always be. PCs get updated every month practically. Consoles can't do that. Neither will the next Xbox. The whole PC vs Console discussion is pretty lame imo. Sony using the term "next gen" means its the next generation of consoles, and the graphics etc are next gen compared to what came before it. Of course a console that is trying to keep it's price under 500 bucks isnt going to be as super badass as a PC.

WinterActual

Quote from: Samus007 on Apr 04, 2013, 02:00:43 PM

The whole PC vs Console discussion is pretty lame imo.
Its not lame as long as there are guys claiming the consoles are better and more powerful than high end PC.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: WinterActual on Apr 04, 2013, 02:42:31 PM

Its not lame as long as there are guys claiming the consoles are better and more powerful than high end PC.

Well whoever claims things like that are clueless.

scarhunter92

Quote from: Samus007 on Apr 04, 2013, 02:48:54 PM

yup

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Apr 04, 2013, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: Samus007 on Apr 04, 2013, 02:48:54 PM

yup

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHn6rXR5CA8

1:21 "Not have to keep lifting up the mouse"

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Apr 04, 2013, 12:08:34 PM
You're right about the DoF. But the rest isn't that noticeable IMO.

True that, also...it's not like this sort of shit matters anyway.

WinterActual

This guy from the vid is a complete moron  :laugh: He hates us  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlxWe65_TkY#

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hate the whole Consoles vs. PC debate. Who cares if the PS4 is one year behind PC's, the graphics still looking amazing for what they are. It's not like every person has the money to run a high-end PC  ::). I think PC fanboys are just as bad as console fanboys.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Apr 04, 2013, 07:24:10 PM
I hate the whole Consoles vs. PC debate. Who cares if the PS4 is one year behind PC's, the graphics still looking amazing for what they are. It's not like every person has the money to run a high-end PC  ::). I think PC fanboys are just as bad as console fanboys.

They are,it's awful really.

Samus007

Samus007

Fanboy'ism of one thing over another will never make sense to me. Mac vs PC, PC vs Consoles, Xbox vs PS3, Ford vs Chevy, iOS vs Android, etc etc. The amount of hate some people put into conversations that are such a waste of time blows my mind. People need to just buy what they are into, and not hate on what they don't own (usually thats how it goes).

Comparing things is all fine and dandy, but when people go all into fanboy mode it just gets stupid and I roll my eyes. Lets take PC gamers who hate consoles and wont even consider them and bash those who do enjoy consoles... I feel bad for them. Why? Because they are missing out on some great games. Uncharted series, Halo series, Gear of War series, Ni No Kuni, Zelda series, Heavy Rain, the list goes on and on and on and on. Same goes for bashing consoles graphics when comparing them to PCs. It's no comparison, and never will be. Now like I said, it is nice when websites show games side by side (comparisons), so you can get an idea of what things look like on each platform, but why then do people have to turn that into a "see the (insert console name here) looks like crap compared to PC". I don't get it. (And all this goes the other way around to, console gamers bashing PCs).

For me, I get everything as I can afford it. I have a MAC that duel boots into Windows 7. I have owned Fords, Toyotas, and a Mitsubishi. I use STEAM, PSN, LIVE, and whatever that thing is called on the Wii. I play Halo 4, uncharted, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Zelda, and everything in-between. I use an iPhone because I prefer it over Android, not because I hate android.

As for the graphics on the PS4, I think they are great and will get everyone by for the next 6 or so years, just like the PS3 did. Sure, it can't compare to high end PCs, from this year or the last, but that's nothing new. When the PS3 first came out it couldn't compare to PCs either. PC's will have better graphics than consoles forever. If this is a shock to someone then get your head out of your ass.

ShadowPred

Space Sweeper

This is brutal. Microsoft is quickly ramming itself into a corner that makes its next console only worth owning if you're a Halo die-hard. That's not good at all. In fact that's f**king awful. PS4 is actually becoming more and more appealing to me as a primary console.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

In the whole new xbox vs new playstation thing I just quickly decided "Just worry about my xbox 360 right now".

But unless the new xbox has a change of heart with the always online and no used game policies then I may actually consider getting my first ever playstation console, the PS4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed