Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,769 times)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

The original Mass Effect trilogy, still one of my favorite series of all time.

By no means perfect, but I love the lore, the setting,the characters... I hope we will get a worthy successor eventually after the Andromeda debacle.

The Old One

The Old One

I doubt it, if Anthem does well Bioware will become the Anthem company.
If it does badly they'll disappear.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 12, 2019, 11:39:26 AM
I doubt it, if Anthem does well Bioware will become the Anthem company.
If it does badly they'll disappear.

Probably.

But a man can hope. Stranger things have happened  ;)

The Old One

The Old One

True enough.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 12, 2019, 11:02:57 AMThe original Mass Effect trilogy, still one of my favorite series of all time.

The first was a bit ropey gameplay-wise, but otherwise those games were pretty incredible. I didn't share in all the hate for the third one either - I figured it would never be possible to come up with a conclusion that took into account everything you'd done throughout all three games, so I always assumed it'd ultimately boil down to a choice between A, B or C. So the ending really didn't bother me at all. Mind you, I didn't play it until long after release, so I had all the DLC and the expanded conclusion when I first tried it out. Honestly thoguh, Mass Effect 3 might be my favourite of the trilogy.

I've just polished off the platinum trophy in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. On to The Lost Legacy next.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I got Aliens Vs. Pinball. Thought I was gonna suck, but it turns out . . . I'm not that bad.

Huggs

Huggs

Still plucking my way through assassins creed 1 on PS3. Still kinda sucks, but I'm getting there.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 12, 2019, 01:13:27 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 12, 2019, 11:02:57 AMThe original Mass Effect trilogy, still one of my favorite series of all time.

The first was a bit ropey gameplay-wise, but otherwise those games were pretty incredible. I didn't share in all the hate for the third one either - I figured it would never be possible to come up with a conclusion that took into account everything you'd done throughout all three games, so I always assumed it'd ultimately boil down to a choice between A, B or C. So the ending really didn't bother me at all. Mind you, I didn't play it until long after release, so I had all the DLC and the expanded conclusion when I first tried it out. Honestly thoguh, Mass Effect 3 might be my favourite of the trilogy.

I've just polished off the platinum trophy in Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. On to The Lost Legacy next.

I gotta be honest, I think that's poor taste.
Mass Effect 3's Narrative is by far the most clichéd and nonsensical of the lot and it starts with the introduction of the crucible.
The ending's a travesty because it changes the whole theme of the game to a conflict you solved 20 hours ago on Rannoch.
It still has great parts here and there, and great DLC but it's laiden with so much obviously rushed content, such as the way-
side quests function now from a TPS perspective on the Citadel with very few real interactions, most of which are Galaxy
fetch quests for scanning and finding an item- oh and the dialogue wheel has been cut in half in most interactions. Earth.

I still enjoy it, for Javik, the characters- and some truly oldschool Bioware Gold, but it's still by far the worst of the Trilogy.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Unlocked all the Smash Bros Ultimate characters. Good fun just playing this game randomly. I'm waiting for Days Gone on PS4 though. Seems like it could be decent. I'm a sucker for open world apocalypses.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

While we're on the topic of mass effect, do you guys recommend the citadel DLC for the third?

People seem to absolutely love it, but I heard from a friend it's basically cheesy fanfiction to the point of making a parody out of some of the characters and does not fit with the tone of the rest.

So Citadel DLC, yay or nay?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 15, 2019, 09:33:47 AMPeople seem to absolutely love it, but I heard from a friend it's basically cheesy fanfiction to the point of making a parody out of some of the characters and does not fit with the tone of the rest.

I loved it, but it definitely has no place in the larger story.

Play it after you've completed the game, and think of it as it was intended - a fun loveletter to the cast.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2019, 10:04:49 AM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 15, 2019, 09:33:47 AMPeople seem to absolutely love it, but I heard from a friend it's basically cheesy fanfiction to the point of making a parody out of some of the characters and does not fit with the tone of the rest.

I loved it, but it definitely has no place in the larger story.

Play it after you've completed the game, and think of it as it was intended - a fun loveletter to the cast.

Will do that after my current run  :)

Fleshwound

Fleshwound

Currently playing Hollow Knight. Forgot how much I enjoy Metroidvania type games.

Huggs

Huggs

Aliens: Colonial Marines - PS3

Beat Isolation for the 2nd time a few months ago and figured it was time to remind myself just how bad it can get. Bulldozed through the first 8 missions. I'll finish it tomorrow night.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 22, 2019, 06:23:29 AMAliens: Colonial Marines - PS3

Beat Isolation for the 2nd time a few months ago and figured it was time to remind myself just how bad it can get. Bulldozed through the first 8 missions. I'll finish it tomorrow night.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed