Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,120 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've read one of the books with Kyle in it. He didn't impress me all that much.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Trying out Borderlands 2 on psvita.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 08, 2014, 02:34:11 AM
I've read one of the books with Kyle in it. He didn't impress me all that much.

Books? What is this book nonsense? He was born in the games man. Just read his bio for enough badassery to fill a star cruiser:

QuoteKyle Katarn was a famous Human male Rebel operative from Sulon and later a Jedi of the New Jedi Order. He was a former Imperial stormtrooper who defected to the Rebellion. Often paired with fellow Rebel agent and smuggler Jan Ors, he performed many covert missions for the Rebel Alliance and later the New Republic, including the sabotage of the Dark Trooper Project.

Katarn was later informed of his Force sensitivity, and taught himself to become a Jedi while in search of the Valley of the Jedi. During this journey, he confronted the dark side within both himself and in the form of the Dark Jedi Jerec and his minions. After defeating them, Katarn went on to become a Jedi Master, teaching at the Jedi Praxeum. He participated in the offensives against the Yuuzhan Vong and became a part of the Jedi High Council in the New Jedi Order.

Notice moments of peak badassness (most of which were playable in the games) such as: former Imperial Stormtrooper, performed many covert missions.. including the sabotage of the Dark Trooper project, taught himself to become a Jedi, confronted the dark side within himself...

Kyle Katarn is not impressed by your Kyle Katarn books. :laugh: :laugh:

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Nightlord on May 07, 2014, 11:55:44 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on May 07, 2014, 10:57:06 PMWere you ever able to get the bloody dual-blade working in single-player Jedi Outcast?
Academy is the one with dualsabres and dual wielding.

Dual-blades exist in Outcast too, as a cheat. However, it's ridiculously difficult to get working, and I've only ever managed it in multiplayer. I suspect the code only exists in the multiplayer portion, but I'd have thought someone would have modded it in by now.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Ah this talk reminds me of my Jedi Academy clan battle days. Every day back then.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 08, 2014, 02:33:19 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2014, 12:01:17 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on May 07, 2014, 11:29:39 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 07, 2014, 01:35:33 PM
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. How I love these lightsaber battles ;D
Best saber combat in the history of Star Wars games. High five right now.

and...

~ = open console

type:

devmapall

g_saberRealisticCombat 1

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2008/09/Top%207%20Game%20Changing%20Cheats/Art/Finished/jedioutcast2--article_image.jpg

I'm playing the Steam version so cheats don't work. Also, I thought Jedi Knight III had the best?

Whaat? That's cray, it has to work. My bad, you need to hold shift and hit tilde. Shift + ~ try that.

It's true Jedi Academy has expanded on the great combat in Outcast, with dual-wielding and double-bladed Darth Maul sabers, but the story and characters are better in Outcast.

I did. It says, "Cheats are not enabled on this server."

I haven't played JK 3 before, but I recall reading a review for it way back in my PC Gamer days. There was a screenshot showing the extreme heights that the game features and you know what? It's the hardest thing I'm struggling with in JK 2, lol. I'm so afraid of heights in reality that the level I'm currently playing, where I have to track down a rogue garbage collector, is making my palms sweat because I'm walking across narrow walkways that are seemingly over 600 feet in the air.

Vertigo

Vertigo

You need to type "helpusobi 1" in the console to enable cheats if I remember rightly.

Little fact about Jedi Academy: during development, Raven developers dropped into a forum I used at the time, asking for gameplay suggestions, particularly about how Jedi Outcast's dynamic could be improved. One of my ideas was that kicking could be the lightsaber's secondary fire function replacing the saber throw (rather than the slightly broken double-jump-against-opponent technique that allowed you to score easy knock-downs in JK2 multiplayer), allowing directional, accuracy-intensive kicks using the same WASD system as lightsaber combat. Lo and behold, that very concept ended up as a special trait for the double-bladed saber in the final game. So... you know... you're welcome.

There was one other idea I had that made it into the game, but I can't remember it now. I think it was a tad less specific.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It worked, thanks Vertigo!

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Playing World of Tanks 360- there's been a big update and its brilliant! Rain and night maps!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Vertigo on May 08, 2014, 11:50:54 AM
You need to type "helpusobi 1" in the console to enable cheats if I remember rightly.

Little fact about Jedi Academy: during development, Raven developers dropped into a forum I used at the time, asking for gameplay suggestions, particularly about how Jedi Outcast's dynamic could be improved. One of my ideas was that kicking could be the lightsaber's secondary fire function replacing the saber throw (rather than the slightly broken double-jump-against-opponent technique that allowed you to score easy knock-downs in JK2 multiplayer), allowing directional, accuracy-intensive kicks using the same WASD system as lightsaber combat. Lo and behold, that very concept ended up as a special trait for the double-bladed saber in the final game. So... you know... you're welcome.

There was one other idea I had that made it into the game, but I can't remember it now. I think it was a tad less specific.

Ah that's cool! :laugh:

Yeah some of the JK2 levels involve dizzying heights, all the better to force-push Stormtroopers from.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Mr. Runner on May 08, 2014, 12:54:25 PM
Playing World of Tanks 360- there's been a big update and its brilliant! Rain and night maps!

Fuuuuuuuu...if my internet was on id be all over it. Im having tank withdrawls  :'(

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Vepariga on May 09, 2014, 06:52:57 AM
Quote from: Mr. Runner on May 08, 2014, 12:54:25 PM

Fuuuuuuuu...if my internet was on id be all over it. Im having tank withdrawls  :'(

Yeah, went through tank withdrawal myself some time back. The rage can do that sometimes.  :laugh:

It's starting to shape up as a brilliant game- like its PC progenitor. The new British mediums and American tank destroyers are amazing- the maps are plentiful, Malinovka assault has been balanced and doesn't appear as often as it used to.

The snowstorm version of Mountain Pass brings a sense of wonder and makes for great battles.
The rain version of Cliff is dark and foreboding. Being stuck in the bowls of a lumbering war machine, listening to the battering of heavy downpour and the clapping of thunder have your nerves wound tighter than a violin- knowing death is waiting for you on the other side of that valley.

The hud has been updated with notifications- now you get Halo-like medal notifications, spotting, critical hit, such and such. The countdown for base captures now shows the time it has left till a victory.

There has been a few graphical details done to the tanks. For instance: the exhausts on the back of an E-75 now vibrate and jiggle  -giggety- to the tank's movement.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 09, 2014, 04:30:03 PM

What game is this, mang?

World of Tanks sounds fun. Never got around to trying it, too busy screaming at Mechwarrior Online :laugh:.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 09, 2014, 07:02:39 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 09, 2014, 04:30:03 PM

What game is this, mang?

World of Tanks sounds fun. Never got around to trying it, too busy screaming at Mechwarrior Online :laugh:.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine, you can look it up, easily my favourite Marvel superhero game.
It's a fantastic and brutal button masher.

Based on a corny movie the game is surprisingly very gory. 

That and Deadpool, both made by the same studio are games definitely worth looking at.
Especially at bargain bin price now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed