Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 959,811 times)

Keg

Keg

I'm gonna check out Spec Ops: The Line myself when it gets cheaper. I hear the campaign is pretty good and the story isnt your typical macho bullshit. I plumped ofr Max Payne 3 instead and im now playing through the first 2 games for the first time.

Literally just started the original Max Payne on PS2. Better late (11 years) than never.

WinterActual

WinterActual

You can try the Spec Ops demo from PSN  ;)

Terx2

Terx2

Unit 13. I'm having trouble recieving trophies after I completed the objective.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 12, 2012, 04:48:45 PM
You can try the Spec Ops demo from PSN  ;)

Think I will actually. I'll still wait until its a bit cheaper to buy it though even if I like it because ive heard the campaign isnt very long. Doesnt bother me but I might as well pay £25 rather than £35-£40 and I'm pretty sure within a couple of months the price will drop. The only time games seem to remain at full price for a long time these days is if theyre selling really well (ie no reason to drop the price). So anything other than your big hitters usually drops in price after a few months.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yesterday I ordered Uncharted 1 and 2 so thats what I am gonna play tomorrow when they arrive  :)

Quote from: Keg on Jul 12, 2012, 04:44:56 PM
I'm gonna check out Spec Ops: The Line myself when it gets cheaper. I hear the campaign is pretty good and the story isnt your typical macho bullshit. I plumped ofr Max Payne 3 instead and im now playing through the first 2 games for the first time.

Literally just started the original Max Payne on PS2. Better late (11 years) than never.

Max Payne was much better on PC...

Keg

Keg

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jul 13, 2012, 02:29:08 PM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 12, 2012, 04:44:56 PM

Max Payne was much better on PC...

Yeah I've heard and read all the reviews. Unfortunately thats not an option for me. I have laptop and don't even have a mouse or anywhere comfortble to play games on it. I just have it on my knee whenever im using it and I use the scroll pad.

I've also heard the Xbox version is much better than PS2 with better textures, less slow down and bullet time apparently looks more impressive. Basically I'm playing the worst version there is, but I knew that before I started.

I played for quite a while last night and got upto the dream sequence at the start of A Cold Day In Hell. First impressions were that I wasnt going to enjoy playing but I would see it out os that I've seen the whole story. At first I found it insanely difficult and the horrible jerky slow down during gunfights (no not the bullet time) was making it even worse. But Ive since messed about with all the different aiming settings and also come to realise that you don't actually have to have your aimign reticule bang on the target for a hit. So before I was holding off from shooting so as to not waste bullets and I was basically playing quite reserved. Took me a few hours to realise thats not how its supposed to be played and if you go in cautious you will die. Once I realised all this I just go hell for leather and don't stop moving, firing away like a madman and not giving a shit and it seems to have worked.

The controls are actually quite similar to Max Payne 3 (not much has changed in all this time except for the obvious refinements in control over the years) so other than the slow down, it's actually alot of fun to play now.

I hated it at first but I think I'm going to love it by the time I finish and by all acounts the second game is supposed to be better (gameplay wise) than the first so I cant wait.

First Blood

First Blood

Finished Spec Ops: The Line and thought the story was very good. It got pretty f**king weird towards the end but the twist was so worth it, you can't help but view the game differently thinking back on it or playing through it again.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Skyrim! I love this game so much. And Dawnguard reminded me how awesome it was.
Loving the story and new side-quests.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

There's still so much more to discover in Skyrim, and I thought I saw everything...guess I was wrong. Still need Dawnguard though.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 14, 2012, 06:15:59 AM
There's still so much more to discover in Skyrim, and I thought I saw everything...guess I was wrong. Still need Dawnguard though.

Yea man! I still haven't seen everything in the base game.
And now I got Dawnguard.
I love Bethesda RPG's!!  ;D

Terx2

Terx2

Fallout New Vegas. Level 27 and changing the wasteland for the better. One mission at a time.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 14, 2012, 02:45:18 AM
Finished Spec Ops: The Line and thought the story was very good. It got pretty f**king weird towards the end but the twist was so worth it, you can't help but view the game differently thinking back on it or playing through it again.

I read a review (which didn't spoil anything) which said the story is heavily influenced by Heart of Darkness so it'a obviously not your typical "shallow" shoot the bad guys and stop the terrorists plot. Looking forward to playing it.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Skyrim and Minecraft.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

RAGE

Really enjoying this. There's no real story (far as I can tell), but everything plays so well that it's hard to care. Trust Id to design the closest thing yet to a Mad Max game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed