Pacific Rim films (Read 945,030 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Vepariga on Aug 22, 2013, 10:04:54 AM

I need a robot sitcom now.  NEEEEEEED!

DoomRulz

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The sentient transformerification of the Jaegers is kiiinda getting outta hand. It literally makes no sense at all.

xeno-kaname

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I hate HISHE...so f**king much.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 23, 2013, 01:48:29 AM
lol you're not supposed to take it so seriously.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 22, 2013, 10:26:43 PM
The sentient transformerification of the Jaegers is kiiinda getting outta hand. It literally makes no sense at all.

The Transformers fans have found it, there's no going back anymore.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 23, 2013, 03:41:17 AM
lol you're not supposed to take it so seriously.

That's not even the main reason. A lot of it is the animation style and...ugh...I just really can't stand them.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really love HISHE most of the time (I still maintain that Jurassic Park is their best one).

I couldn't really get into the Pacific Rim one though.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 23, 2013, 04:22:45 AM
I really love HISHE most of the time (I still maintain that Jurassic Park is their best one).

Yeah, I can agree with that. Wasn't really part of some of their better work.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 22, 2013, 10:25:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkOkh1tOqE#
Ha. That's one of the better ones. Not to mention one of their more accurate.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Except for the bit about nuking every single kaiju and keeping a jaeger at the bottom of the ocean all the time.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 22, 2013, 10:25:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkOkh1tOqE#

One of their best, easily. Accurate too.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 23, 2013, 04:22:45 AM

Translation: "Leave my guilty pleasure sci-fi movie alone!!1!"

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

Pacific Rim takes an unexpected fall out of the hundreds-of-thousands yesterday to $79,000, will continue from there with a lessened theater count.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So in case anyone is wondering why the sword wasn't used all the time, a user on YouTube offered the following:

Quotehe Jaegers were built to kill the Kaiju's with blunt force a trauma. The swords and plasma caster were used as a last resort because, one, Kaiju blood is toxic and can wipe out entire cities and two, even though the weapons like the chain sword and plasma caster cauterize the wounds, it still gets Kaiju blood spread all over the city. It was meant as a last resort because if they can kill the Kaiju with blunt force, its a lot better

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 23, 2013, 04:44:55 PM
So in case anyone is wondering why the sword wasn't used all the time, a user on YouTube offered the following:

Quotehe Jaegers were built to kill the Kaiju's with blunt force a trauma. The swords and plasma caster were used as a last resort because, one, Kaiju blood is toxic and can wipe out entire cities and two, even though the weapons like the chain sword and plasma caster cauterize the wounds, it still gets Kaiju blood spread all over the city. It was meant as a last resort because if they can kill the Kaiju with blunt force, its a lot better

Oh, f**king duh. I think we mentioned that earlier, but no one really made the connection that the beat downs were on purpose! Lol. Thanks Doom.

See? The greatest filmmakers will make believable concessions that allow us to see giant robots boxing the f**k out of monster faces.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed