Simply Terrible
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 944,772 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Jul 02, 2013, 11:45:53 AM
The inner 8 year old me isn't excited for this film, the 24 year old me in the present is! :laugh:

On twitter...

"@ErikDavis: So I saw PACIFIC RIM today & can confirm it's outrageously badass. The thing never slows down & man does it pack a nasty punch. Dug it lots."

f**king yes.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I just really hope this becomes a franchise because I want the Kaiju to keep coming. At least in comic book form.

But preferably from Del Toro's imagination  :P

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jul 02, 2013, 01:08:34 PM
But preferably from Del Toro's imagination  :P

What I'd pay to get a glimpse in there.

But then again, something tells me that I'd go more insane than the dude from The Call of Cthulhu :D

Effectz

Effectz

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So I've been checking my theater's website every day for the past two weeks hoping for tickets to be available. Today they are, but they only have a 10:00 showing listed; no midnight release. And there's no way I'd be able to make it to a 10:00 showing. I hope they add a midnight one soon :-\

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Effectz on Jul 02, 2013, 03:03:16 PM

The more I see of Leatherback, the less I like him. :-\

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 02, 2013, 03:18:14 PM

King Kong rip off! f**k this shit!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Jul 02, 2013, 11:03:53 AM
Any time someone says "This movie can't fail!", even if it's a film I anticipate, I immediately hope it bombs horribly and sucks worse than Uwe Boll's entire back catalogue.

:(

It is tempting fate, somewhat...

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

It's the ape-like design, I think. Giant monkeys don't do much for most people, scaly skin or not.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I like Leatherback. The head most especially. Perhaps he could have more texturing in the torso area.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Have 'epic beer gut' jokes already been made?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's his super weapon.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jul 02, 2013, 03:46:13 PM
It's his super weapon.

Kaiju shit all over the place...

The real reason they keep invading cities, see? Driven mad with raging desperation at needing to find a lavatory and there's not a single one in their size. Speak to them at any other time and they can hold an utterly civil conversation.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I guess the thing is when people sit around making props, sets, suits, masks etc...it gives the film more life, people have used real craftsmanship and natural talent to create beautiful artistic results. Perfect example 'Labyrinth', a simply stunning film that still holds its own today.

CGI is simply a bunch of computer nerds sitting around desks clicking away on their computers, its not even THAT skilled because the computer does the friggin work for you! like spell checker lol!. I cannot get excited that much over CGI because end of the day its not really skilled and anyone can probably do it with lessons.

Real hands on special effects can't be taught as easily because you do actually need natural born talent, in most cases but not all. But we all know this...don't we?

Plus these robots just look like CGI, some CGI works great in the background (Gladiator), but in stuff like this it just looks like CGI.

This is now starting to remind me of 'Inhumanoids'.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 02, 2013, 03:53:19 PM
Kaiju shit all over the place...

The real reason they keep invading cities, see? Driven mad with raging desperation at needing to find a lavatory and there's not a single one in their size. Speak to them at any other time and they can hold an utterly civil conversation.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Jul 02, 2013, 03:30:55 PM

King Kong rip off! f**k this shit!

Well he is supposed to move and resemble a Gorilla.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed