12 (29.3%)
Simply Terrible
21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 944,819 times)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

They look like big transformers. Me no likes.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 13, 2012, 12:41:00 AM
They look like big transformers. Me no likes.

Thats raw son. But yeah. I really wanted something special ala 'Gundam reinvented for the big screen' even before we saw pictures of this movie. I had no idea how they were going to go it. i was hoping for it.  They didnt do it. They slapped Guillem del toros ass on it. Hobbit fans are swooning. Mech fans  are going, :\
But at least there are Honest movies that will cost millions but make nothing.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 13, 2012, 12:44:05 AM
Hobbit fans are swooning. Mech fans  are going, :\
Wha-hoa! Make room for the Mech fans, guys!

Aspie

Aspie

Just watched the trailer...I can't tell if I like it or not.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

nobody f**king cares about Gundams or Evas anymore holy f**k i f**king hate you /m/fags

Aspie

Aspie

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I know this movie is going to be fantastic, for one reason; The crashing scene in the trailer.

Some will compare it to the blind violence of transformers, and say it's just a reason to use CGI cause it looks cool.

This is incorrect, though. This scene, to me, shows that the creators of this movie remember their inspiration. In EVERY Giant Robot/Superhero Japanese show, there's almost always a scene where the monster throws the hero, and he quickly recovers to continue combating the monster or foe. The crashing scene was a PERFECTLY done throwback to that, while still keeping it realistic and showing the real destruction that would do with creatures/robots/e.t.c of that size. As someone who is a fan of the showa Godzilla movies, Jet Jaguar, and other shows and movies like Zone Fighter and Ultraman, this is all I need to see it will be great.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I love how the mechs move like they should. Dat rocket punch felt slow but powerful.

Gazz

Gazz

The imagery on display is fantastic but the trailer isn't cut all too well in my opinion. Still psyched as f**k for this though.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: KNIGHT on Dec 13, 2012, 12:52:05 AM
I know this movie is going to be fantastic, for one reason; The crashing scene in the trailer.

Some will compare it to the blind violence of transformers, and say it's just a reason to use CGI cause it looks cool.

This is incorrect, though. This scene, to me, shows that the creators of this movie remember their inspiration. In EVERY Giant Robot/Superhero Japanese show, there's almost always a scene where the monster throws the hero, and he quickly recovers to continue combating the monster or foe. The crashing scene was a PERFECTLY done throwback to that, while still keeping it realistic and showing the real destruction that would do with creatures/robots/e.t.c of that size. As someone who is a fan of the showa Godzilla movies, Jet Jaguar, and other shows and movies like Zone Fighter and Ultraman, this is all I need to see it will be great.

Thats not a homage? Thats not even a distinct scene from anything! YOU JUST MADE THAT SHIT UP!!!
So you tell me that one of the robots might have a rocket launcher in their arsenal and thats a direct homage? F that.

Listen, if one of the robots, turns into a freaking jet fighter, then talk to me.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: KNIGHT on Dec 13, 2012, 12:52:05 AM

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

WellIguessIbettergokillmyselfnow.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

AND THEN CAME THE REST.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 13, 2012, 12:44:05 AMMech fans  are going, :\

What?! /co/ is going apeshit over this. And they love mech animes/cartoons to death.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, but they're not real mech fans. If they were, they'd hate it.

Anyways, this looks like it'll be a very entertaining film. Anticipating it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed