Alien 3 - Love it or Hate It

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 04:40:34 PM

Author
Alien 3 - Love it or Hate It (Read 62,743 times)

DRACO ^V^

DRACO ^V^

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 20, 2006, 11:22:18 PM

The movie would be nothing more than a needless "gee-whiz" spectacle of a popcorn movie.
Funny that you should mention it,Thats the way I have viewed ALIENS,ALIEN3,ALIENRES,AVP.anyway ;D

Newsfop

Newsfop

I generally don't watch an Alien movie when I want to feel good about myself. I question the mental stability of those that do.

Just a little while ago I read through the trivia for Alien3 on IMDB. I concur that considering all the things that the movie could have been, I'm grateful that the finished product turned out as it did. And I have nothing by sympathy and remorse on behalf of Fincher for all the executive crap that he had to put up with, not to mention all the set backs he endured. His abortion of the project comes with no great surprise once you see just how fed up he was over the whole ordeal.

That Yellow Alien

I always thought the theatrical version of Alien 3 was ok, but when I saw the Special Edition I liked it so much more. You get to know the characters more and entire subplots, like Golic, make the movie so much better. It boggles my mind to think Fox actually thought taking out all the stuff they did was going to make it better.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

i loved Alien 3, the special edition lets you know the characters abit more, so when they died, even though they were prisoners, you kind of felt sorry for them, just a little.
you also saw a small sub-plot about the alien being captured, which i though was cool  8)

Shaak

Shaak

I saw the first three movies in a row and have to say I like Alien 3 more and more.

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Dec 24, 2006, 11:11:38 AM
you also saw a small sub-plot about the alien being captured, which i though was cool  8)

That's so great, it really helps the story. I think Jon Landau said in the Quadrilogy it was something wrong >:(. Those stupid producers.

I have a question. At what point David Fincher left the production? At the editing process?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Shaak on Jan 06, 2007, 06:04:32 PM
I have a question. At what point David Fincher left the production? At the editing process?
http://www.alienexperience.com/forum/smf/index.php?topic=2455.0

Shaak

Shaak

Thanks maledoro.

It's a pity the Christmas has passed, I liked the Ho Ho Hell avatar :)

maledoro

maledoro

It shall return next Xmas.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I didnt recognize you to shaak and maledoro, i look at this post, you have x-mas pics, i look away, you both changed, funny.

maledoro

maledoro

Well, this morning marked the end of Christmas, so I had to change it.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Tell that some of the people around my area, some of them leave the lights up but dont turn them on, just lazy because they dont work after a years of rain and rust.

CPL HICKS

CPL HICKS

I did like it, just wish thay had'nt got to Ripley, made it a little bittersweet,dammit man!!!!
And if anybody can answer me a question, how do I get all these neat pictures and stuff like. these" signatures " or what ever they are called. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm just a football ref, not a super genius, thanks again,

the other CPL HICKS
sorry to  the other corporal Hicks I'm not trying to steal your thunder, I just plum did'nt know.

Corporal Hicks

I love the ending for this film. It just felt so fitting.

^No problem lol Hicks is a common name. Has anyone told you how to put a picture in your signature?

Stay Frosty

Stay Frosty

Alien 3 is completly misunderstood, its a gem, the extended version is amazing.

Shaak

Shaak

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Jan 06, 2007, 10:06:11 PM
I didnt recognize you to shaak and maledoro, i look at this post, you have x-mas pics, i look away, you both changed, funny.

Now I will look for a banner...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed