Which is your favourite Alien/Predator steelbook?

Started by Acid for Blood, Apr 27, 2024, 11:11:10 AM

Author
Which is your favourite Alien/Predator steelbook? (Read 191 times)

Acid for Blood

Do you have a favourite Alien/Predator steelbook on your shelf?

Mine is Isolation.

BlueMarsalis79

Probably the Filmarena Alien 40th Anniversary 4K Steelbook, and the Prometheus 2012 Blu-ray Steelbook, and the Alien Covenant 2017 Filmarena Blu-ray Steelbook.

All the Aliens/³/Resurrection ones have missed the mark for me.

Acid for Blood

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 27, 2024, 12:59:20 PMProbably the Filmarena Alien 40th Anniversary 4K Steelbook ... and the Alien Covenant 2017 Filmarena Blu-ray Steelbook.

I missed my chance to get that Alien one but it looks really nice! I prefer the HMV exclusive steelbook of Covenant.

Corporal Hicks

I know @RidgeTop has a fondness for steel books, but they trigger me being so different to the other boxes.  :laugh:  There's no denying how wonderful that Isolation one is though!

Darkness

I only have one and that's AvP which I got second-hand from CEX. It is quite nice. I have a few game ones too but I don't really collect them.

Nightmare Asylum

I'll get steelbooks if they're all that's available or the cheapest option, but I don't really go out of my way to get them, usually. Too easy to dent/scratch, even with just general wear and tear of taking on/off a shelf and rubbing against other cases on the shelf. I don't really have interest in letting them just sit there as collector's items; if I'm getting a movie, I'm getting it because I plan on watching it, likely multiple times over, so they aren't really my go-to as a result.

Big steelbook box sets can be nice, though, like this one I have:

It sits at the top of my shelf, so it isn't really rubbing/scratching against other titles the way my general one-off steelbooks are.

As far as Alien/Predator stuff goes, I don't have any steelbooks there. I have the Alien Anthology Blu-ray set, the Prometheus 3D Blu-ray Collector's Edition, the Target edition of Alien: Covenant on Blu-ray with the digibook replicating David's Artwork, Alien: Covenant 4K, Alien 4K, Aliens 4K, the Predator Four Movie Collection 4K, and Prey 4K. I still need to pick up the 4K release of Prometheus. Don't have either of the AVPs and don't really feel the need to get them.

Cosmic Incubation

I wasn't really aware of any steelbooks for any of the previous films tbh.

I'm note a mega steelbook fan that goes out of my way to get them. But a lot of them have good artwork and feel nice to have, so I do like to get them here and there if it looks nice.

I do have the Prey steelbook, which I quite like.

Acid for Blood

I generally feel the same as most of you. I only tend to get them if the cover art is nice/unique, otherwise I'm not that fussed. The PREY one looks quite nice actually. The Covenant one was a must for me! Mostly I'm happy with bog standard Blu-ray cases. (As long as they come with their sleeve!)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed