‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jul 27, 2014, 03:10:24 AM

Author
‘Alien 5’ Planned? Sigourney Weaver Wants To Resolve Ripley’s Story (Read 41,290 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 11:38:16 AMHer connection to the Aliens has potential to be interesting. But like I said, either way, as long as what we get is good.

Oh I'm sure there is potential there. I just think lately the series has been suffering a bit from everything having to be tied to the original films and characters, especially Ripley.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I would like to see a Morse spin-off movie. Perhaps a tale of how he goes on to write his book and subsequently founding a new religion. Could make for some interesting historical parallels as WY desperately tries to suppress this new faith and prophet.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 28, 2014, 11:46:32 AM
I would like to see a Morse spin-off movie. Perhaps a tale of how he goes on to write his book and subsequently founding a new religion. Could make for some interesting historical parallels as WY desperately tries to suppress this new faith and prophet.

That was something I always wanted them to do a book on. Could easily see him being kidnapped or coerced into being an "Alien guide".

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 12:10:58 PMThat was something I always wanted them to do a book on. Could easily see him being kidnapped or coerced into being an "Alien guide".

I think a story based on that would probably work better as a book than a film.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, a book would likely work better for this idea. Most people would probably not be that interested in seeing a secondary character from Alien 3 starring in his own film.

non

what is there to finish after alien resurrection? not interested. need a legit avp movie though. i think the alien movie list is complete anyway same as for the pred movies(excluding predators)

Russ

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 12:10:58 PM
That was something I always wanted them to do a book on. Could easily see him being kidnapped or coerced into being an "Alien guide".

Couldn't you have a go at writing it? You must have loads of contacts at the publishers so easier to get your MS to them?

emono

i think there should be no alien 5 i mean the whole point was ripley finally got back to earth after facing the horrors of space even though her clone did anyways, which was her original goal in the first alien movie "get back home"

szkoki

1. Ellen Ripley died in the 3rd movie. the 4th one is about money. no one is intrested in that character since stated is  not the same one

2. Alien homeworld idea is killed of when Prometheus tied in the story. xenos are just creations of the black goo

Hell-Scorpion

@whiterabbit, now that some serious continuity bullshit I like.

WinterActual

If we see Alien 5, I hope its "This time its war!" again. I want more Colonial Marines movies  :laugh:

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 11:18:03 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 28, 2014, 10:41:54 AM
I'd love to see an Alien 5, just not with Ripley in it. Do something new.

I'm in 2 minds about this. I'd like them to finally close off the Ripley story (again!) but I'd also like to see new Alien films. Granted, I don't really care either way if they're actually good.

I'm happy to let the series rest, in the same manner that I don't want another Godfather movie, or another Rocky, or whatever. Sometimes things need to stop. I loathe the 'franchise', but I love a few of the movies involved.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 28, 2014, 06:56:40 PM
I'm happy to let the series rest, in the same manner that I don't want another Godfather movie, or another Rocky, or whatever. Sometimes things need to stop. I loathe the 'franchise', but I love a few of the movies involved.

I agree with this. After the Prometheus movies are done, just give the franchise a long needed rest. If they want to continue the story, that's what the EU is for to satisfy the fans. Then again I've met few here who like the EU. Personally, I think the Alien story is just tired and done. Prometheus is fertile ground but after those.. give the Alien/Predator universes a rest.

I loved most of the movies that have come out, but right now it's kind of the family dog that's just grown old and tired. And right now it seems as if Fox wants the old dog to do some new tricks before putting it down.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 12:10:58 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 28, 2014, 11:46:32 AM

We could always see Morse end up founding the sect that gets exiled to Arceon and then Vincent Ward would finally get to make his wooden planet movie.  Imagine the universe coming full circle and Shaw being the protagonist of that story after being in hypersleep on the juggernaut for a couple of centuries.  Maybe she even encounters Ripley 8.  ;D

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Given that Ridley doesnt seem that interested in doing Prometheus 2 (he keeps choosing different projects before Prommy 2)...

Alien 5 might be the path forward...

it would be kinda interesting if Alien 5 contradicts Prometheus...  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed